Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 122: Jonah from Toronto Sports Media

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 122In this 122nd episode, Mike chats with Jonah from Toronto Sports Media about Toronto's sports media. We talk about changes at The Fan 590, life after Bob McCown on PTS, Bryan Hayes, Mike Richards, how Rogers hockey is going, the Krystalization of Dean Blundell, Hebsy, Tim and Sid, Brady and Walker, Bob McKenzie, Steve Simmons, Ron MacLean, Howard Berger, who we like, who we don't like and much, much more. This episode is exactly 1:19:04.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Justin

Longtime reader of both blogs. Can't wait to listen to this on my way home from work. Well done with the continued procession of great guests, Mike.

May 25, 2015 @ 3:14 PM

@Justin

Thanks! Steve Anthony is on Wednesday.

May 25, 2015 @ 3:15 PM

rob

My two blogging worlds collide! Great idea for a guest, looking forward to listening.

May 25, 2015 @ 3:45 PM

Gary

Tim and Sid should be the hosts of Prime Time Sports when McCown decides to leave.

May 26, 2015 @ 6:30 AM

Hector

I just read on Toronto Sports Media blog that Don Kollins is leaving the Fan. Is this true?

May 27, 2015 @ 10:33 AM

@Hector

Yes, he's leaving the Fan for a gig in California running a sports radio station there.

May 27, 2015 @ 11:02 AM

Justin

You guys seemed to be in agreement on most things and I also agree with virtually all of your takes.

Blundell & co. is unlistenable and I've been forced to primarily listen to Mike Richards in the morning even though I am no fan of him either. While Richards can be boring at times, Blundell & co. is openly annoying. It's a huge step down from Brady and Walker. I also agree that Bryan Hayes should be doing the mornings. Along with Brady and Walker he's the best in the business right now. The guy knows sports better than anyone and Leafs Lunch has quickly turned into the best show on Toronto sports radio for me. The chemistry between Hayes, Odog, and Mclennan is impeccable.

With the PD change coming at the FAN I can only hope that changes are coming to the mornings. The old lineup of B&W, Blair, HC&N, T&S, and PTS was the best they've ever had. Brady and Walker are wasted in that time slot and Blundell is a huge weak link in the mornings.

May 27, 2015 @ 11:27 AM

James Edgar

Great podcast. I'm going to have a look at jonah's Blog . Pretty interesting stuff. And I agree with his Morning show comments 100%

My only difference is that I don't switch to 1050 I switch to MP#'s or 820 .

May 27, 2015 @ 2:32 PM

Neal

First time listening to your podcast (or any podcast for that matter). Very much enjoyed it...very insightful. Keep up the great work.

May 29, 2015 @ 3:23 AM

Al The Royal Pain

I began reading Jonah's blog recently on recommendation from this blog. I really enjoyed hearing his insight. I hope you can have him on again in the future. Maybe when a big Toronto Sports Media story breaks. It would be cool to get his insight and not just read about it on his blog.

May 29, 2015 @ 8:55 AM

@Al The Royal Pain

I think we're going to do just that... have Jonah on every quarter or so.

May 29, 2015 @ 8:56 AM

Lilywhite Lilith

I'm with Jonah. Hayes is one of the more astute guys on the air and interacts impeccably with his co-hosts. But I wouldn't move him to mornings, otherwise I wouldn't be able to listen. Great podcast. So glad I found it. Can't wait to delve into the archives.

December 21, 2015 @ 1:34 AM