Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 121: Billie Holiday

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 121In this 121st episode, Mike chats with broadcaster Billie Holiday about getting fired from the Maddog and Billie show, what Maddog said about that, working with Dean Blundell and whether she has any regrets. This episode is exactly 57:38.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Aaron

Strange Fruit!

May 6, 2015 @ 4:04 PM

Ken U Barrett

I was stuck in a car this week in the morning with an "avid" 590 listener.
Had to keep my mouth shut as he laughed at anything blundel said.
To each his own but, I heard nothing i already was not aware (Sports) and also the broadcast seems to be like an amateur production just crying for attention...
1050 (Richards) sure has it's faults but geeze it's like I am listening to high-school radio when forced to listen to Hockey alll the time 590

May 6, 2015 @ 5:02 PM

Jamie

Can't wait to hear this podcast. I loooove Billie, she's a smoke show. I'm a big fan.

May 6, 2015 @ 7:01 PM

Stan

Dude, do you realize Billie found out why she was fired by Virgin from you?

That's crazy!

May 6, 2015 @ 7:19 PM

Liz

Billie/Amanda has been through the wringer. Bet she's got some wild stories - tales best shared over adult beverages.

Enjoyed this one.

May 6, 2015 @ 8:22 PM

Victoria

I love Billie!

Great chat with her. I hope she's back on the radio soon!

May 6, 2015 @ 8:29 PM

George

Billie is awesome! Love her. Miss her on-air.

May 7, 2015 @ 7:47 AM

Jason C

Way to stir things up there Mike. MD is officially off her Christmas card list.

May 7, 2015 @ 3:41 PM

@Jason C

Maddog was speaking on the record, and if I didn't play that clip for Billie to get her response, I wouldn't be doing my job.

I try to give sides a chance to respond. That's why I invited Dean on the podcast.

May 7, 2015 @ 3:46 PM

Sarah

Good interview, but it sounds as though she had heard all of the Mad Dog interview before.

May 7, 2015 @ 7:46 PM

@Sarah

I've been fooled before, but she really seemed to be hearing the Maddog interview for the first time. At least that's what she told me, both verbally and with her body language. I have no reason to doubt her.

May 7, 2015 @ 9:50 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Nicely done Mike. Must be some drug being on the air, I couldn't take the personal attacks and the beating of my self esteem as Billie and meany of your on air personalities have. She seemed very open and honest, hope she lands somewhere. Maybe a smaller market with out the super charged egos and PD's.

May 9, 2015 @ 8:12 PM

Brian

Jesus. What's the end game with these Dean Blundell Themed interviews? Stop asking people for a full hour about their firing. That was uncomfortable to listen too.

Try not to brag about avoiding work on Radio while relishing in how this women's career in radio fell apart.

Brutal

May 10, 2015 @ 11:43 PM

@Brian

Billie wanted to make a fun thing out of being the anti-Heather Locklear so I went with it. I certainly don't relish her being let go. If I had my druthers, she wouldn't have been fired the first time.

May 11, 2015 @ 7:12 AM