Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 114: Jason Barr

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 114In this 114th episode, Mike chats with Jason Barr about his years as Danger Boy on Humble and Fred, his decade as co-host of the Dean Blundell Show and his current gig at 97.7 Htz FM. This episode is exactly 43:00.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Jason from Sudbury

Just downloaded and getting ready to listen now. 43 minutes? Relatively short visit. Still looking forward to it though.

March 13, 2015 @ 2:30 PM

Steve

I'll never forget that as Danger Boy, when I complained that I couldn't get CFNY in the TTC subway tunnels, he recommended I wear a helmet with a coil of wire attached and connect it to the third rail to see if the reception was any better.

Good times.

March 13, 2015 @ 3:15 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Enjoyed the podcast. I'm glad you brought up Iron Mike. I still miss hearing that voice on the radio.
It was also interesting to hear Jason talk about falling asleep behind the board and Martin yelling fuck on the air.

March 13, 2015 @ 3:16 PM

Rapsfan

This answers all of my questions. Interesting reply when asked if Dean Blundell was a nice guy.

March 13, 2015 @ 4:03 PM

McNulty

Good to hear Jason. I would listen to him at 97.7 but the broadcast doesn't always reach me and I can't say I love their playlist.

At first I thouht the interview was going to go sideways when you asked about the accent first. I'm sure he gets that as much as Bronson Pinchot does. I would have asked him if he was happy to lose the accent and the name. He seems to want to let Danger Boy die a horrid death.

But good to hear from him. I've always enjoyed his matter of fact personality.

March 13, 2015 @ 9:33 PM

Phil (Capt. Rtd)

Jason never calls me. But I understand.

March 14, 2015 @ 12:19 AM

Handsome Rob

Another great podcast Mike. Surprised it was so short though. Glad to see Jason find success after the DBS.

March 16, 2015 @ 11:09 AM

I planned for an hour episode, but I quickly realized Jason is a man of few words. That's pretty rare for a radio guy, but as we learned, he's not your typical radio guy.

So basically, it came to a natural end ahead of schedule so instead of forcing the convo for another 15 minutes, I shut it down.

March 16, 2015 @ 11:30 AM

Mrmojorisinca

Good Interview!
maybe 102.1 should bring you in

March 16, 2015 @ 2:35 PM

Pete

Another great podcast. Brings back memories especially the NIN, swearing into the mic incident with Marty that I still remember vividly. Thanks Mike & Jason.

March 18, 2015 @ 4:57 AM

Al The Royal Pain

Good podcast Mike. I definitely felt things were winding down early, so I applaud you for not trying to drag it out just to make an hour.

March 24, 2015 @ 9:10 AM

markosaar

Definitely ended "naturally" but I didn't get the impression he was a "man of few words". He seemed to answer most questions quite thoroughly, and offered a lot more context on his own.

I think what was a bit unexpected, and cut down on potential topics to cover, is that he didn't really seem to care about radio much as a fan or consumer.

March 25, 2015 @ 9:26 AM

@markosaar

I guess what I mean is, he's succinct. Most radio people can talk and talk. Jason gave good, honest answers, but was precise and that shortens a chat.

March 25, 2015 @ 9:30 AM

markosaar

Perfect adjective.

March 25, 2015 @ 9:53 AM

J Rock aka Fatal

Can u believe I got escorted out of iheart Addison today,for trying to boost ratings wtf never seen a fingrocksar before.... what now badges... we don't....refer to cheece...... jrick....muckluvforradioalways

August 19, 2015 @ 12:11 PM