Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 110: Damien Cox

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 110: Damien CoxIn this 110th episode, Mike chats with long-time Toronto Star journalist and Rogers broadcaster Damien Cox about his years at the Star, on The Fan 590 and on TSN and Rogers Hockey. We also talk about his Twitter behaviour, the perception he's condescending and arrogant and I play this glorious audio for him. This episode is exactly 1:05:55.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Anonymous

I freakin' love Cathal Kelly!

I believe he is the best Canadian sports writer today...

February 12, 2015 @ 3:46 PM

Liz

Enjoying your chat with Damien - it's distracting though since he needs to 'get right on that mic' and stay there.

February 12, 2015 @ 10:03 PM

@Liz

I think it's because he didn't want to wear the headphones and therefore couldn't hear himself when he trailed off mic.

My new rule is all guests must wear the headphones.

February 12, 2015 @ 10:10 PM

Liz

@Mike

Yah, that makes sense. Just finished listening - really enjoyed it. Well done.

February 12, 2015 @ 10:30 PM

Argie

Yeah the varying audio levels were annoying at times. Good questions from Mike but Cox seemed too relaxed (medicated?), for a lack of a better word.

Earlier in the day, I was telling a work buddy how much I enjoy Cathal Kelly's writing and twitter updates. At least I agree with Cox on one thing anyway.

February 13, 2015 @ 8:25 AM

elvis

I guess I'm in the minority but I really dislike Cathal Kelly's work. Maybe it's because they got him to work the TFC beat early on and he clearly knew nothing about soccer/football.

I liked this a lot but I will save my review for the podcast.

February 13, 2015 @ 8:43 AM

markosaar

Gave up on professional sports a while ago, but there was lots in here for me. Enjoyed his thoughts on the fading importance of print media.

The chat about fighting reminded me of an acquaintance that played all of one season for the Flyers. Talented guy, but all they wanted him to do was fight, so he quit.

February 13, 2015 @ 5:11 PM

Anon&on

Hope all the Toronto Mike'd listeners take a minute to vote for Best Toronto Podcast in the BlogTO poll.

I have several horses in that race, so I made a rule. The podcast has to have a Toronto content flavour rather than just being recorded or based in Toronto. The podcast has to be a podcast first, not a radio show released as a podcast.
Toronto Mike'd came out at the top of my list.

February 13, 2015 @ 7:09 PM

Steve

>I freakin' love Cathal Kelly!
>I believe he is the best Canadian sports writer today...

@Anon: Thanks for stopping by this blog Cathal. You're still a hack though.

February 14, 2015 @ 12:01 PM