Broadchurch

Over the last few nights, my wife and I watched Broadchurch, a BBC crime drama. I must say, it was fantastic.

The acting, writing and cinematography were all top notch. In fact, as good as True Detective was, I think I enjoyed Broachchurch a little more.

broadchurch

The first season is only eight episodes, and you'll burn through it. A second season (or as the Brits say, "series") is on the way. You can watch Broadchurch now on Netflix Canada.

elvis

Thanks for the reco.

December 26, 2014 @ 11:19 AM

Douglas

I watched Broadchurch shortly after its initial broadcast in the UK, on the recommendation of British friends. They were right. As is Mike, when he says you will "burn" through it. Broadchurch is riveting. The crime impacts a small, tightly-knit community. The investigation and how the community behaves during it nearly tears it apart. Everything is brilliantly British, too.

I only watched the last two episodes of Gracepoint just to see the ending and what had to be dumbed down changed for an American audience, who are typically more interested in less-cerebral, more-violent crime dramas. Of course, there were some changes, but it appeared to me that those in charge stayed pretty close to the original script. Good on them.

Indeed, do what Broadchurch. For those of you who do not have Netflix, Showcase has had good ratings when they have aired the series. I haven't looked, but it might still be available on-demand from your local television signal provider.

Needless to say, I am looking forward to series two of Broadchurch, which starts January 11 on Showcase.

December 26, 2014 @ 12:23 PM

Douglas

I hate it when I see I've made a typo - right after I've hit "post".

December 26, 2014 @ 12:36 PM

GUNTer

I just finished broadchurch yesterday. I was shocked at the outcome, which I rarely am. I will definitely watch series 2.

December 27, 2014 @ 11:31 AM

Brother Ryan

Loved it. It was better then True Detective. The acting was fantastic and it's BBC. The homeland of Luther!! Go BBC!

December 29, 2014 @ 9:11 AM

@Brother Ryan

Actually, Broadchurch isn't BBC, it's ITV.

And I just finished Luther. Good fun!

December 29, 2014 @ 3:14 PM

Argie

@Mike
Loved Broadchurch. Crazy ending.

I'm sure I've mentioned this one before but "Line Of Duty" is along the same lines. Great TV from the Brits.

December 30, 2014 @ 3:48 PM

Philly-Bob

I watched the first 2 episodes last night based of this post. I am hooked. It help for me that I really like David Tennant from his run as the 10th Doctor on Doctor Who.

I'll be watching more tonight!

December 30, 2014 @ 3:51 PM