Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 88: Raymi the Minx

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 88In this 88th episode, Mike chats with Raymi the Minx about her longtime blog, quest for fame, and how she deals with her haters. This episode is exactly 1:05:03.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Here I am getting Minxed.

raymi

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

raymi

I now know I have a voice for radio.

-Barry White

August 21, 2014 @ 3:57 PM

Wonder Twin powers activate!

August 21, 2014 @ 4:09 PM

Liz

I'm intrigued - looking forward to listening while on my run not long from now.

August 21, 2014 @ 4:36 PM

BJ

I listened. Now I need to listen again. It's unbelievable how big this woman's ego is. Doctors will use this episode as a case study in narcissism.

August 21, 2014 @ 4:38 PM

Craig

Very entertaining, lots of inside information and great banter. Raymi and Mike are great together.
Yes Mike cycling is working out!!!
Keep the awesome coming

@gfismybike

August 21, 2014 @ 4:57 PM

Al Reda

Well.... that was interesting. Different, but interesting.

August 21, 2014 @ 5:01 PM

Mike from Lowville

I want to know what the new bride thinks of the pic of you getting Minxed on the side? ;0O

August 21, 2014 @ 5:43 PM

raymi

My blog is a beast of burden! Don't fall in love!

August 21, 2014 @ 5:47 PM

Mike from Lowville

@ raymi should have looked me up when you lived in Burlington!

August 21, 2014 @ 6:04 PM

Liz

Okay. Where to begin? I am only a fraction of the way through.

With this podcast, once you accept and go with the flow of the stream of consciousness patterning, you can enjoy the ride the of waves. While the stream of consciousness thing was unfolding, Mike, you kept trying to work the structure of the interview which made me laugh. You tried to hug water! ha ha. Can't harness the wind, my friend!

As you were trying to determine a possible target market for The Minx's book, her response really made me laugh. That response was THE BEST. Loosely quoted as "whoever the fuck can read and is interested". I'm going to have to listen again because my phone kept ringing so I lost the rhythm of the conversation (yah, we'll go with rhythm - sure).

This is akin to HH asking Chris Sheppard if there's any dough to be made being enigmatic.

Did you need one of your two weekly beers once this was over?!

August 21, 2014 @ 7:34 PM

@Liz

Yes, I tried to hug water.

August 21, 2014 @ 8:02 PM

Sam in Pickering

Let me get this straight.

If a restaurant pays for her meal and gives her cash she'll "review" the restaurant.

If something is bad, she'll omit that detail. As a result, all reviews are great.

Isn't money for positive reviews illegal? It should be.

Interesting podcast, regardless. So different from the Erin Davis episode, for example.

August 21, 2014 @ 8:08 PM

raymi

too long to explain an extrapolate how i get paid in terms of reviews on a podcast. so i wont bother to again! Also this was fun!

August 21, 2014 @ 8:30 PM

raymi

great comment liz! Hug water!

August 21, 2014 @ 8:30 PM

Satan

Since it's tits for hits, can we see the goods?

Someone post a pic pls.

August 21, 2014 @ 9:20 PM

chris

Your Pic - you just saw a ghost!!

August 21, 2014 @ 10:07 PM

Sammi

No comment.

August 21, 2014 @ 10:46 PM

Vicky

If you follow / like Raymi, you will love this episode.

If you're naturally curious about internet celebrity and fame aspirations of today's youth, this is a rather fascinating episode.

If you hate the idea of a blogger primarily focused on selfies and paid content and being famous, and the idea of spending an hour hearing what makes this person tick and how she perceives her place in the world makes you want to tear off your ears, this episode isn't for you.

August 22, 2014 @ 8:16 AM

Andrew

@ Vicky

I think that's the best comment I've ever read on any Toronto Mike blog post.
You made my weekend.

Cheers,
Andrew

August 22, 2014 @ 8:52 AM

Vicky

@Andrew

Thanks! :)

Maybe I'l comment more...

August 22, 2014 @ 10:52 AM

88 episodes and I've never had negative feedback like this. I've heard from people via email and other channels that Raymi is somehow an unworthy guest. One good friend couldn't get through 12 minutes of her.

I aim to chat with many interesting people. Sometimes that person is Alan Cross, other times it's Raymi the Minx. Love her or hate her, Raymi has been doing her thing for 15 years and I personally find it interesting.

I don't agree with everything Raymi does and we don't share the same digital goals, but I enjoyed my hour with her yesterday and I think it made for an interesting hour. I'm glad we did it.

I hope you'll give this episode a fair shake and listen, but if you choose not to, that's your prerogative. Not every episode will please everyone.

August 22, 2014 @ 2:57 PM

raymi

Measure it in inches Mike. Don't talk about the star, be the star.

August 22, 2014 @ 3:00 PM

@raymi

Inches? I'm metric... everything is measured in centimetres.

Someone actually called me narcissistic for having you on as a guest. I'm not sure how talking to you for an hour about your life and achievements makes me narcissistic...

August 22, 2014 @ 3:03 PM

raymi

warhol said that about the amoutn of negative press one receives - dont listen to it. thye prove all the shit we were discussing re: trolls. Nice to see the true colours of your folk and your friends! I am living my life and blogging it, what's the problem?

August 22, 2014 @ 3:22 PM

@raymi

I get what my friend was saying. It just wasn't his cup of tea. That's cool.

Some of the other feedback, from people I only know virtually, seemed a little unfair.

I guess they'd say you're entitled to live your life your way and blog the shit out of it, but they have the right to hate on it.

August 22, 2014 @ 3:34 PM

Anon&on

This could be the best episode so far. I could not follow along, Mike was trying to create a narrative, Raymi was creating a universe within the space available.

There have been a few episodes I thought I'd like to listen to again, this is the first one I must to listen to again.
More like this please.

August 22, 2014 @ 7:34 PM

raymi

my friend asked if i was sweating when you were cornering me about all my bf's lol.

August 23, 2014 @ 2:48 PM

Johnny Maudlin

Raymi has earned the right to be described as a blog pioneer. Period. She's worked unbelievably hard at her craft for years. So folks who criticize her ought to take a serious look in the mirror. How hard can that be for a generation who take pictures of themselves every five seconds? She's obviously smart. Good on you Raymi and ALL the best in the pursuit of ALL your dreams!

August 23, 2014 @ 8:34 PM

dave c

"Take control of your body, you take control of your life." - hit home! I am eating pizza buns out of plastic bags

Good to hear u mentioned doing stand up. I will look out for your sirius radio show. You should definitely do more live comedy.

you're like.... accidental funny. the best kind of funny. forced funny isn't funny

PPL: Seth Rogen called her the Canadian Tina Fey, and she's been in so many indie australian music videos before Gotye was Gotye

August 24, 2014 @ 6:28 PM

Ginny

I enjoyed the interview. Say what you want about Raymi but she's doing her own thing and has made a name for herself in blogging.

August 24, 2014 @ 8:59 PM

Daniel

I had never heard of Raymi and was just flipping through the old podcasts I’d missed looking for something new.
I couldn’t make it to half way on this one. I don’t mind self-absorbed people as long as they have an interesting story to tell or a unique way of telling it. Raymi clearly has an interesting story but her presentation is brutal. Forget the vocabulary of a high school freshman, and the sub valley girl use of umms and likes. She tells the listener we should be interested in her but never gives anyone a reason why.
This is the early days of internet blogging that never grew up. This is listening to every flake you’ve ever met at burning man, all content no substance.

January 22, 2015 @ 2:37 PM

raymi

For someone who allegedly has no substance you sure gave me more than an inch piece of your mind about it and I bet you'll be around to check out more of me in the future, I sure know I will.

Why is it that no one can get enough of me after all these years, my inner circle army of friends on a daily basis emailing, messaging, writing, sharing and exchanging ideas with me around the clock.

Your knee-jerk conclusion is wrong, you don't get it and we don't care.

January 22, 2015 @ 3:05 PM

raymi

Also, I really enjoy it when people who just discover me speak for me and tell me what I am. Uhh, ahh umm ahh uhhh, Good job #flake.

January 22, 2015 @ 3:33 PM