Stick Figure Family Decals for Your Car

I've been seeing family stickers and stick family artwork on the back of cars, SUVs and minivans for years now, and I've always wondered who decides to do that and why.

Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 4.35.10 PM

So I'm asking the hivemind. Do you have stick family decals on the back of your automobile?

If so, why?

markosaar

July 16, 2014 @ 4:50 PM

Like those Baby on Board signs we had in the 80s?

July 16, 2014 @ 4:52 PM

Corey

Don't have them, but every time I see them, I think of this video:

Similarly, every time I see one of those idiotic "Baby On Board" signs, I think of Marge Simpson's quote after buying a sign: "Look what I got! Now people will stop intentionally ramming our car!"

July 16, 2014 @ 5:06 PM

@Corey

Nice.

When I think of the old Baby on Board signs, I always think of The Be Sharps.

July 16, 2014 @ 5:09 PM

Corey

@Mike -
Such a great episode. I think it was Marge's sign purchase that inspired the song. How about Barney's Yoko-like companion ordering a plum floating in a perfume filled hat at Moe's? Pure gold.

July 16, 2014 @ 5:17 PM

Cambo

Have you seen the ones where either the mother or father are scratched off?!
Ya know what's going on there...

July 16, 2014 @ 5:21 PM

this guest

Stick figures always sober up drunk drivers
el pronto!

July 16, 2014 @ 5:27 PM

Glen

This past May Macleans magazine had a article on the social statement people make buying these stick figure decals.

Here's the link:

July 16, 2014 @ 5:49 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Would never consider them, along with favourite sports teams flags etc. The latest ones I see are the Zombie horde family ones, even the dog is a zombie.

July 16, 2014 @ 8:39 PM

Aurora Bob

Best one I ever saw was on a car one morning on the 400 coming in from Barrie.

Regular family.... father, mother, 2 kids, dog. Except this time there was a big "X" through the mother.

July 17, 2014 @ 8:54 AM

Douglas

How about the set with everyone running from the character on the left, à la Texas Chainsaw Massacre, captioned with something like "Nobody cares about your stick figure family!"?

July 17, 2014 @ 12:28 PM

Car Wraps

"I don't own a car, but I assumed the idea is mostly to remind other jackasses on the road that one careless move and you can annihilate an entire family."

LOL, that is hilarious.

My favorite anti-stick figure family decal is the dinosaur eating the family with the words: "Your stick figure family is delicious"

July 17, 2014 @ 3:35 PM

Ryan

I have this on the back of my car.

July 17, 2014 @ 3:42 PM

Rick C in Oakville

LOL Ryan, best one yet!

July 17, 2014 @ 7:15 PM

James Edgar

I have stick figures on my car . Not a guy chasing a family with a chainsaw and not a nobody cares about your stick figure family thing . I have a representation of my little family unit .

Why? Do I want people to stop deliberately ramming is? No so much . Do I think people will be afraid of killing us all ? Nope .

I have it because my 9 year d asked me too . And making her smile makes me happy .

And really I bet that's why 90% of those stickers are on cars.

And fuck you if you don't like it .

July 17, 2014 @ 9:02 PM

Corey

@James Edgar -

Fair enough. I suppose that's as good a reason as any. I hope for your sake that your daughter doesn't decide that dressing you up as Barbie every morning before work would make her smile.

July 17, 2014 @ 10:22 PM

Argie

@James
Classy way to end your post.

July 18, 2014 @ 9:05 AM

BannerBuzz

@Ryan

You can upload your image on car decals online design tool here :

August 21, 2015 @ 5:57 AM