The LG G2 is One Fast Smartphone
When people ask me which smartphone I recommend, I tell them the truth. I prefer a device running Android and thoroughly enjoy my old Samsung Galaxy and my wife's Samsung Galaxy S III. If someone were to gift me a new smartphone today, I'd ask that it be the Samsung Galaxy S IV. After-all, if it ain't broke...
This week I'm test driving an LG G2 with TELUS. It arrived yesterday and I excitedly unwrapped it and customized the settings to my liking, downloading my favourite Android apps and connecting it to my Google account. Even during a Raptors and Leafs win, and a World Series clincher, I wasn't able to put this baby down.
Firstly, the screen is bigger, and I like bigger. It's a little wider than the Samsung Galaxy S IV with a little less bezel, meaning it's all screen. It's brilliant HD that I'm assured is as good as or better than the iPhone 5, but I don't have an iPhone 5 to verify that claim. But damn, videos look great on this thing.
I've been using it like crazy for about 24 hours now without a charge, and the battery is at 49%. That's impressive. I should be able to get two days out of this with normal usage without requiring a charge.
I'm also told this LG G2 has a great 13 megapixel camera, but I'll be running those tests later, along with some further battery tests. Right now I'm just thoroughly impressed with the speed and response times compared to my old Samsung Galaxy. It's lightning fast.
Here are the specs for this LG G2 from TELUS I'm having a great deal of fun with:
- 5.2" HD-IPS screen with 1080x1920 pixels.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection.
- 16/32 GB internal storage, Lacks microSD card slot.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset.
- 2.26 GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 330 GPU, 2 GB RAM.
- Wi-Fi, 4G, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, A-GPS, FM radio, Infrared port, Micro-USB 2.0 (with OTG support).
- 13 megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash.
- Features Optical Image Stabilisation.
- 2.1 megapixel front-facing camera.
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass.
- Available colours: Black, White.
- 3000 mAh Li-Polymer battery.
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean).
Only 7 comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!