Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 36: Humble Howard

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 36In this 36th episode, I'm joined by Humble Howard Glassman from the Humble and Fred show as we discuss his radio career, his personal life and he gives exclusive details about Humble and Fred's future on satellite radio. This episode is exactly 1:10:58.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at http://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Corey

Mike, WTF? I found out through major online news organizations that Chris Kelly of 1990s rap duo Kris Kross is dead. Nothing here though. Did you sleep in today?

May 2, 2013 @ 8:05 AM

@Corey

I did find out late last night. Was going to post today. I just have some work to finish first.

May 2, 2013 @ 9:26 AM

Gump

HH is still planning on being 'snipped' after getting serious with a 28 year old? Shouldn't he wait until the (relatively) young woman has figured out the baby question before this drastic event...
In my experience the desire to have children is one of the strongest you'll ever experience and I know from conversations with women, that is is doubly so with them. And I would also say that what a woman says about her desire to have children can change drastically between her late 20s and her late 30s.
Reversing isn't such a trivial event (not to mention $$$).

May 2, 2013 @ 9:33 AM

Gump

... of course, it is none of my business ...

May 2, 2013 @ 9:35 AM

Argie

I'll never forget the moment I was told Chris Kelly had died. I'm sure this is how fans of Elvis Presley felt when they heard the King had passed away.

May 2, 2013 @ 10:07 AM

James Rustleton

Kriss Kross was 100 times more talented than Elvis ever was.

May 2, 2013 @ 10:40 AM

Liz

Congratulations, Boon! Well done. I could listen to these conversations all day long. Just loved hearing from 'the man behind the funny'. I found myself wanting to jump in with more questions! Looking forward to more.

May 2, 2013 @ 11:29 AM

Corey

@Argie - you know I'm teasing Mike about his obsession with creating posts for even the most minor of celebrity deaths. :)

May 2, 2013 @ 12:13 PM

Argie

I know Corey. I can't believe this Chris Kelly cat lasted this long.

May 2, 2013 @ 12:35 PM

Speysidephil

Yeh but James R. Thinks Kelly is 100 times more talented than Elvis.
James you need to get out a little more.

May 2, 2013 @ 1:12 PM

Corey

Meh. I don't think Elvis was very talented either, to be honest. He couldn't play an instrument, he didn't write his songs, he was a terrible actor. He could sing. He looked good (at least skinny Elvis did). I'd say he was more a beneficiary of the times and luck.

May 2, 2013 @ 1:33 PM

Speysidephil

@Corey

Elvis played guitar and piano, and made a couple of good movies not the crap that was forced on him by the studios.
As for writing songs, Sinatra didn't write any either and he was pretty good.

May 2, 2013 @ 2:16 PM

Mississauga Phil

@ Speyside - I was rasied on Elvis, mom loved him, and I respect the mans place in history. He was the original "rock star"

But Elvis played his instruments phonetically (somone showed him what to play and he played it) the man didn't know a g-chord from a g-string.

He was an entertainer, not a musician, much like Sinatra. Both were excellent at what they did, but to say Elvis played guitar and piano is a bit of a stretch....if you go back and watch his old performances, half the time he is not making any chords with his hand on the neck of the guitar.....

May 2, 2013 @ 2:37 PM

And lest we forget what's important here.... the greatest podcast episode in the history of podcasting.

Scroll up and listen!

May 2, 2013 @ 2:38 PM

Andrew

Hey Mike,

Best episode yet. All around. Really well done. I laughed when Howard said the mic bit. I think I remember telling you that - you have to get Rosie to get on the mic!!!

Other than my podcast episodes ( :) ) that was my favourite. You should be really proud of that one.

I gotta hook you up with getting your laptop on a fader!!! HA!

Cheers!
Andrew

May 2, 2013 @ 3:17 PM

Argie

I have no idea why Humble is not the morning man or drive home guy on a major talk radio show. Next to Stafford, he's the man.

May 2, 2013 @ 3:37 PM

Susan

Mike if you talk to HH, tell him he didn't really answer the question.

May 2, 2013 @ 5:17 PM

Anon&on

I didn't think there would be anything new in the Humble story that I hadn't heard before, but, wrong!
You came up with a few surprises and some exclusives. Interesting to hear a voice from Humble that is different from the radio/podcast version.
Why wasn't Rosie there?

May 2, 2013 @ 5:52 PM

Rosie

I can't wait to listen! I like Howard and Fred. Andrew LOL Mike tells me EVERY TIME to get on the mic, but I'm amateur hour ;)

Get him a feeder! Fader! it's painful to watch ;)

May 2, 2013 @ 5:58 PM

Rosie

Anon&on my son started a new preschool and came down with an awful stomach bug... he has just been walking around the house barfing poor little man. I try to spare Mike the germs when I can (he is kind of cheap with the sick days though I think I only have one or two left)

May 2, 2013 @ 6:00 PM

Rosie bailed exactly five minutes before Howard called me to ask if he could come by at 2:30 to record.

Rosie had a good excuse, so I'm going to let this one go.

May 2, 2013 @ 6:25 PM

Jason P

36th?

Holy shit I guess I haven't been here in awhile.

May 4, 2013 @ 5:01 AM

Jason P

36th?

Holy shit I guess I haven't been here in awhile.

May 4, 2013 @ 5:01 AM