My Daughter Leaves Me iPod-Request Notes...

fatherhoodMy 8-yr old daughter leaves me notes with songs she wants me to sync to her iPod. Here is the most recent one she left for me:

Michelle's MP3 Request

Spirit of the West's Home For A Rest and the Violent Femmes' Blister in the Sun? I'd say I'm doing something right...

Blind Dave

Good on you, Mike! Hopefully the boy follows in the right footsteps too.

My oldest (girl) loves rap, and my younger lad loves classic rock. So at least I'm batting .500!

August 30, 2012 @ 12:07 PM

Jamie

My 3 year old daughter keeps only wanting to hear Closing Time by Leonard Cohen so were off to a good start!

August 30, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

Rosie

OMG- that is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!

August 30, 2012 @ 12:28 PM

Blind Dave

@Jamie

Yup. These are tame, but very good examples, of the influence we have as parents.

My granddaughter is 2 1/2 months old, and it's amazing to see the things she is "aware of" already.

August 30, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

This entry has an ad that seems out of date to me.

Someone should tell Corus.

August 30, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

Gump

My niece showed up at the cottage with a Billy Idol ripped tee and I was so proud... until she told me that she only likes the 'later' Billy Idol (circa Cyberpunk).
I tried to show her some of the GenX stuff (which is by far my favourite songs from him) but she wasn't interested.
I even showed her some early Billy Idol footage from TOTP and other shows from the UK (via youtube) and no interest.
Hell, I'm straight, but that guy oozed sexuality in 1978/9.

August 30, 2012 @ 3:15 PM

Corey

Blister in the sun, eh? Has she asked any awkward questions about the lyrics?

August 30, 2012 @ 5:55 PM

@Corey

Not yet!

I'm more concerned that she'll sing Add It Up in school.

August 30, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

Mississauga phil

I'd sasy you did something right indeed....no beiber, no gaga..good on ya!!!

I've been rasing my boy to appriciate good music as well...his favorite song...Hey Jude!!

August 31, 2012 @ 8:04 AM