Great Biking App - MapMyRide

Great Biking App - MapMyRideI recently started biking again. Last time I biked regularly, I used a little bike computer that recorded my speed, length of trip, etc.. This time, I'm using an app for my Android phone called MapMyRide.

I'm really digging this free app, and thought I'd share the love. It uses the GPS on my phone to auto-map my route, appreciates the elevation and lets me know how far I went, how long it took, my average speed, calories burned and other cool stats like that.

mapmyride

mapmyride3

Tom

"So if you're biking, you've got to try this app. If you know of any other good biking apps, leave a comment."

I second that, particularly for iPhone.

July 23, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

519 Rob

Mike, I just got a Galaxy tab. Any good Apps for Android I should look out for?

July 23, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

CQ

Does this work 'twist by twist' or is the completed distance measured 'as the crow flies'? I'll assume there is some middle ground detail given the number of urban cell phone towers to narrow away GPS positions.

July 23, 2012 @ 4:41 PM

@519 Rob

This is tomorrow's entry, today! Tomorrow it will have more details... but these are my favourite apps for Android:

CBC News
ScoreMobile
Zedge
reddit is fun

July 23, 2012 @ 4:44 PM

519 Rob

Mike,
Geez...thanks for the early preview.
Do you have the TSN one? It never works. I'll try the Score one.

July 23, 2012 @ 4:45 PM

@519 Rob

For sports scores and info, my favourite is the Score one. I've tried TSN, The Score is better.

July 23, 2012 @ 4:46 PM

CQ

Here's an urban test ride for you Mike:
Start at the middle north road entrance of High Park. Ride straight through its middle road downhill to the Queensway intersection. Later on, repeat; except take the runabout route along the sideline Spring Road and a following paved trail past the castle playground and either around the picnic field or further around the outside corner of the park.
Same distance, or different?

July 23, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

Brian

Ive been using google's own "my tracks" for a while. Try that and compare.

July 25, 2012 @ 2:09 AM