Let's Get Tom Cheek His Ford C. Frick Award (Pls RT)

Ford C. FrickTom Cheek deserves to win the Ford C. Frick Award. The Ford C. Frick Award is the highest honour for baseball broadcasters and they're now accepting votes as they widdle the list of 200 down to three. Go to http://www.facebook.com/baseballhall?v=app_20678178440 now and vote for Tom Cheek.

This is the fifth year I've encouraged you to vote for Tom Cheek as a finalist for the Ford C. Frick Award, and I take it personally that he's not yet in Cooperstown. Removing my extremely biased perspective for a moment, Tom Cheek called Blue Jays games since day one, calling 4,306 of them in a row. During that time Toronto won two World Series championships and a few additional division pennants. He was the voice of my summers.

Here are previous entries I've written about Cheek's eligibility for the Ford C. Frick Award.

And yes, I shall use this opportunity to remind you that I've archived all of Tom Cheek's Greatest Hits. Click over and remember the glory days of Blue Jays baseball. And don't forget to vote for Tom.

felix

Good post, it's long overdue for our Tom.

December 2, 2009 @ 8:46 PM

James

I'm with you. I would love to see Cheek inducted - he was really fantastic.

We've been really lucky with the Jays radio crew. Tom and Jerry were great, and now Jerry, Alan and Mike are fantastic.

I do miss Tom a lot though.

December 2, 2009 @ 8:55 PM

Chris F.

This could be the year that Tom actually gets in if the online vote means anything. Tom has 34% of the vote and the next closest guy is Jacques Doucet.

December 3, 2009 @ 6:14 PM

Bill P

Lets get Tom Cheek in this year. Then we should work on getting Dave Van Horne in for 2011, Jerry in for 2012 and Jacques Doucet in for 2013.

Stay with it Mike!

December 8, 2009 @ 4:03 PM

Bill Phillips

Joe Nuxhall was a Reds announcer since 1967. The Reds won 3 world series and played in 5 during that time. Joe was the youngest player in Major league history at age 15. Joe was the nicest man with extremely high values. Joe retired in 2004 after 60 years in the Reds organization. I respect your all's opinion but Nuxhall deserves the Hall long before Cheeks or Jon Miller for that matter.

February 4, 2010 @ 9:29 AM

marilyn dikens

I was blessed to have known Tom personally and met him on many occasions while I was supporting the Jays on some of their road trips - This award is long overdue - we have been so very blessed with 2 of the best announcers bar none - Tom and Jerry -

September 4, 2010 @ 8:40 PM