Martin Streek Tribute with David Marsden MP3s

RadioIf you missed David Marsden's tribute to Martin Streek, aired on 94.9 The Rock out of Oshawa, don't fret. The Rock has kindly made the entire show available on MP3.

This is great radio. Download the five MP3s below and throw them on the iPod.

» Martin Streek Tribute with David Marsden PART 1
» Martin Streek Tribute with David Marsden PART 2
» Martin Streek Tribute with David Marsden PART 3
» Martin Streek Tribute with David Marsden PART 4
» Martin Streek Tribute with David Marsden PART 5

That's all five hours, un-cut. It's not only a great tribute to Martin, but it's a fantastic collection of awesome music.

Martin Streek1

Toronto Mike

Here are the songs heard during this 5 hour tribute to Martin. (from Marsbar Theatre)

Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
Clash - Magnificent Seven
Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go
Clash - Police On My Back
Shriekback - Nemesis
Ministry - Everyday Is Halloween
Apotheosis - O Fortuna
Love & Rockets - Haunted (When The Minutes Drag)
Robbie Robertson - Ghost Dance
Billy Bragg - ??
Nine Inch Nails - We’re In This Together
Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi’s Dead
James Brown - Living In America
Immortals - Theme From Mortal Kombat 3 (Encounter The Ultimate)
Chalk Circle - April Fool
102.1 Band - Workin’ On The Radio
Ladysmith Black Mambazo - Swing Low Sweet Chariot
David Gray - Sail Away
Within Temptation - Our Farewell

July 17, 2009 @ 11:09 PM

Buffaloboymike

Its still not hit home yet, everytime I see a post...it just drives it home..He is so missed and was so important to the scene and those who listened

July 17, 2009 @ 11:40 PM

brad

sweet.

thanks toronto mike

July 17, 2009 @ 11:57 PM

Dev

Is 94.9 a Corus station?

July 18, 2009 @ 7:41 AM

Toronto Mike

No, The Rock (CKGE-FM) is not a Corus station.

In 2003, Corus sold CKGE to Durham Radio, the owner of CJKX in neighbouring Ajax. The station adopted its current format shortly after the sale.

July 18, 2009 @ 9:02 AM

Mike from Lowville

Thanks David. Thankyou Mike for posting.(for some reason part 5 would not come down from your site, or 94.9. Had to go right to David's site)

July 18, 2009 @ 9:43 AM

Toronto Mike

@Mike from Lowville

I've fixed that wonky link. All 5 MP3s should download properly now.

July 18, 2009 @ 9:49 AM

Andy from Burlington

Thanks David and Mike.

This is radio as it should be. Can never get 94.9 at home. Always knew I was missing Marsden.

R.I.P. Martin.

July 18, 2009 @ 2:47 PM

buk

Mike... Thank you so much for posting this. What had to be one of David Marsden's toughest shows to air came off as a great tribute to Martin. And thanx to Durham Radio for allowing us 10 hours per week of listening to radio as radio should be....

July 18, 2009 @ 9:05 PM

Stephanie C

This is beautiful. Hope the links work forever, because it's all that I want to listen now.

Peace to Marty, love to his family, friends and fans, and thanks to Dave and Mike.

July 19, 2009 @ 12:09 PM

Lorne

Thanks, Mike.

Is there any chance you can do the same for Edge's tribute this Sunday? I don't know if I'll be by a radio for the whole thing.

(And honestly, skipping the commercials will be a nice bit of poetic justice)

July 19, 2009 @ 10:26 PM

Toronto Mike

@Lorne

The Rock graciously made these MP3s available. I'm just promoting them, b/c I think it's a great tribute.

As for tonight's Edge tribute, I doubt CFNY will release the MP3s. If another fan has recorded the 3 hours I'll be happy to give the MP3s a home.

By the way, I recorded my thoughts on tonight's Edge 102 tribute to Streek.

July 19, 2009 @ 10:30 PM

Jason Paris

Marsden's show was pure class and truly evoked the spirit of radio and dare I say it, the spirit of Martin Streek.

July 20, 2009 @ 10:25 AM

Toronto Mike

That voice you hear doing the Marsden Theatre intro at the beginning? That voice belongs to my friend Dan Duran.

July 20, 2009 @ 10:24 PM

Andrew

Hey Mike, thanks for posting and thanks Marsden & The Rock for the tribute show. Cheers.

July 20, 2009 @ 11:01 PM

Jimi G

I missed the live show but listened to the entire tribute last night. I've listened to David from the late seventies on. Thanks guys. Miss you Martin.

July 21, 2009 @ 10:57 AM

Zesty

Hey is that 5th mp3 still wonky? I'm trying to save it and getting a jpg??? I gotta hear that fifth part lol! Such a great show.

July 21, 2009 @ 3:02 PM

Toronto Mike

5th MP3 works fine for me - if your PC thinks it's a jpg, just rename it something.mp3. It's an MP3.

July 21, 2009 @ 3:08 PM

Zesty

It worked! Thanks so much.

July 21, 2009 @ 3:43 PM

Marsbar

Hi everyone! Thank you for your comments. This show wasn't about me - but rather it was about a guy I hired for CFNY-FM The Spirit Of Radio about 25 years ago.

His name is and always will be - Martin Streek. As you have heard on the show, Martin had magic!!!

The entire show remains available on my website - www.marsdenglobal.com

FYI - my regular Free Form shows tske place every Thursday and Friday - 7 PM to Midnight.

Thanks also to Mike for hosting this site and keeping us all aware of stuff.

David

July 30, 2009 @ 2:16 AM

richard lindsay

hi mike came upon your tribute to martin alittle late but glad i did. I felt very alone on hearing the news. now having listened to this tribute I feel part connected to something that is just better.
thanks R

July 30, 2009 @ 1:06 PM

Julie

Awwh, Martin was an honest and gentle soul. I remember him well and his tolerance for all my drunken behaviour. Kind and understanding, was Martin...he is and always will be missed.

February 7, 2012 @ 6:02 PM

Steve

I will never forget Martin Streek. This man had an enormous impact on me growing up in Oakville. My sisters always had CFNY on the radio when I was growing up and Martin def shaped my taste in music. I got to meet him a bunch of times at Kingdom and Velvet...great guy with an endless knowledge of all kinds of music. I was really saddened to hear that he passed, but by all the kind words that have been spoken about him I can only come to one conclusion. Just like the song he used to spin so often, his reputation is "Bulletproof".

RIP Martin Streek