Squeeze - Tempted

MP3I share an MP3 from my collection every Wednesday. You have seven days to grab this week's MP3. Please right-click your mouse and select "Save Link As..." or "Save target as..." so you can download it to your PC before playing.

Squeeze - Tempted
I realize it's not Wednesday, but Mike from Lowville just reminded me that I forgot to share an MP3 yesterday. Oops.

Let's go back to 1981 with this great Squeeze track. Which song is better: "Tempted" or "Cool for Cats"?

Buffalo Boy Mike

Tempted was one of the first videos I ever saw on MTV, however, I would have to go with Cool For Cats

April 30, 2009 @ 11:45 AM

Ski Coach

Between Tempted and Cool for Cats .... definitely Temped. It has a sophisticated cool swagger about it, whereas Cool for Cats sounds like the band is just having fun. Another Nail in My Heart could go up against Tempted.

April 30, 2009 @ 12:15 PM

Horonymous

Tempted awesome song.

Still love the tunes below

Another Nail from my Heart
Pulling Mussels from a Shell.(live version)

Cool for Cats
To change the mood a little
Ive been posing down the pub
On seeing my reflection
Im looking slightly rough
I fancy this, I fancy that
I wanna be so flash
I give a little muscle
And I spend a little cash
But all I get is bitter and a nasty little rash
And by the time Im sober
Ive forgotten what Ive had
And evrybody tells me that its cool to be a cat
Cool for cats

April 30, 2009 @ 2:22 PM

Stafford

Tempted. Ski Coach is right about the sophistication.

Cool For Cats is fun but the video reminds me of something the Spoons would've done in the early '80s (not that it's a bad thing).

I miss Squeeze.

April 30, 2009 @ 3:31 PM

Argie

Come on Mike - how come no comment on the Tamils? Are you hiding with your bud Mayor Miller?

April 30, 2009 @ 4:27 PM

Toronto Mike

Very busy day...

I'm pretty okay with what Fred wrote at Canadian Thinker, believe it or not.

April 30, 2009 @ 4:40 PM

jason | getyouroj.com

Toronto Mike, I see you've crossed over to the dark side like Fred and his good ol' running buddy Mike Stafford.

Anyway, not even going to waste my breath...

I just wanted to know why you narrowed it down to "tempted" and "cool for cats". I think there's better.

Oh, and Argie, I hate Miller, but I hate ignorance more.

we all live on the same planet, it's one planet, Fred has just shown that his little world of his own is exclusive to that shithole brampton

May 1, 2009 @ 6:08 PM

Toronto Mike

If I'm on the dark side with Fred and Stafford, at least I'm in good company.

And Jason, we may not live in Brampton, but you calling it a "shithole" is a great deal grumpier than anything Fred, Stafford or, for that matter, Argie ever say.

It's time to check yo self.

May 1, 2009 @ 9:42 PM

jason | getyouroj.com

ya that's grumpier than saying I want to hose a certina type of people down isn't it Mike? or that I don't care about a section of the planet?

the "shithole" comment was tonge in cheek, and the ony funny thing about fred anymore is his comedy of errors.

keep kissing ass, cowboy.

I feel for HH...

May 2, 2009 @ 6:20 PM

Stafford

Jason, you keep bringing it brother!

Funny thing is I don't think you're drinking or smoking too much. This is a real mental illness you have.

Get Yer OJ is becoming our own little joke and I'm loving it. Don't forget to wipe your ass front to back.

Kids need to know that.

May 2, 2009 @ 9:16 PM

jason | getyouroj.com

You're the joke Mike. Grumpy old men on AM don't bother me for a second. At least I own up to the commetns I write. Don't taser me bro.

May 2, 2009 @ 10:56 PM