Lynn Johnston Makes Me Feel Dumb

fbofwToday's For Better of For Worse strip is sweet and all, but I didn't get it. I simply didn't know what mucilage meant.

I need you to be honest with me. Should I have known was mucilage means? I suppose the real question I'm asking is, without cheating, do you know what mucilage is?

fbofw

Lori

Isn't it the goopy glue stuff that came in the clear containers at school with the orange tip you had to squeeze the stuff out of???? I am sure it is still in school supply catalouges now..........am I remembering the right stuff?

July 30, 2008 @ 10:57 PM

felix

It didn't click for me until I read the strip and saw the glue reference, then I put it together.

July 31, 2008 @ 12:22 AM

Ajax Mike

I'm with you Mike, I had no idea what it meant until I read the comments.

July 31, 2008 @ 12:43 AM

Christine

I too had no clue until someone pointed out the glue comments in the previous frame.

D'oh! I feel dumb as well.

I still can't get over their dog dying to save April many years ago. :(

July 31, 2008 @ 2:46 AM

The Mind of a Mom

Just so you know you are not alone, I still don't get it :o)

July 31, 2008 @ 10:31 AM

Stafford

It was on the side of every plastic bottle of Lepages glue we had in school before schools were taken over by computers, iPods, smartphones, politicized and corrupt trustees and, of course, grief counsellors.

Now get off my lawn!

August 1, 2008 @ 11:30 AM

Andrea >> Become a consultant

Ha! I was wondering if I was the only one who felt that way. I had to look it up. I mean, I figured it out from the context, but I still wasn't sure.

August 6, 2008 @ 11:52 PM

Anonymous

I figured this:
that "mucalige" sounds like "mucus" and mucus is slimy and sticky, and Grandpa Jim being infirm, perhaps he has a lot of mucus, and therefore makes a little joke to himself about what "sticks" he and Iris together. Mucus!

May 22, 2009 @ 9:47 AM