Counting Down to SLS15
I blinked and we were a week into June. How the hell did that happen? As you know, we finalize each edition of SLS at the end of June and December. That means we're only a couple of weeks away from releasing the final track listing for SLS15.
In the olden days, each edition of SLS was a hypothetical audio CD, and that meant we were limited to 80 minutes per edition. We're no longer technically married to such a cap, having moved away from audio CDs some time ago, but old habits die hard and we continue to respect this 80 minute constraint. If nothing else, it keeps us honest and prevents things from spiralling out of control. Here's how our 80 minutes of the best new rock of the last six months looks thus far.
- I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
- Banquet - Bloc Party
- 7/4 (Shoreline) - Broken Social Scene
- Crooked Teeth - Death Cab For Cutie
- Blood On Our Hands - Death From Above 1979
- The Bridge - Elliott Brood
- The Fallen - Franz Ferdinand
- Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
- Cash Machine - Hard-Fi
- Poster of a Girl - Metric
- Dead Flowers - The Miniatures
- Use It - The New Pornographers
- World Wide Suicide - Pearl Jam
- Steady As She Goes - The Raconteurs
- Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Rock and Roll Queen - The Subways
- Lonely Day - System of a Down
- I'll Believe In Anything - Wolf Parade
- Woman - Wolfmother
- Gold Lion - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
There's still time to influence the outcome of SLS15 so submit a tune or comment on a previous submitted one. The SLS tradition continues.
Only 3 comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!