I'm a Bear Called Jeremy

TVThinking about watching "Star Wars" in the late 70s and early 80s triggered another memory that had been supressed for some time. I've suddenly remembered Jeremy, the star of a stop-motion animated television show I used to watch on TVOntario.

I was super young when I used to watch Jeremy, but I clearly remember the theme song and can visualize Jeremy bouncing around on the moon. In only a few minutes of Googling I found a number of Jeremy resouces thanks to this entry on a site called Drawn!.

Thankfully, someone is sharing an MP3 of the theme song I remember so well. If you're about 30 years old and were raised in Ontario, give this a listen and prepare yourself for the flashbacks.

I'm a Bear called Jeremy,
I can do most anything,
I can play and I can sing,
Yes my name is Jeremy!

Brad

I'd be prepared to kill for a dvd of that show.

January 13, 2007 @ 9:29 PM

Al

This is great! Thanks for the link!

February 22, 2007 @ 10:01 AM

Torontonian

I found a great DVD of multiple Jeremy episodes on EBay.

July 22, 2009 @ 12:39 PM

Sebastian

I remember that show. Also saw it in French as well, in French, and in most countries, he's Colargol. Just in Canada he became Jeremy, and in the UK, they butchered it into Barnaby (episodes in wrong order, and man with deep voice voicing the bear, not right).

I was able to find the first "arc", of seven episodes, in English a few years ago. Pleasant memories.

Sadly, outside of Poland, Jeremy/Colargol is in legal limbo, because the bear and the songs are owned by different entities, who now royally hate each other.

August 26, 2014 @ 12:07 PM

Lisa

I absolutely LOVED this show as a kid. I always wanted a Jeremy Bear as a kid, but they were never made or marketed anywhere (not like my patents could ever afford one if I did comer across one. 30+ years down the road, clicking of the right links and harassing and begging the right people...I now HAVE a Jeremy Bear (little poseable puppet on a platform) that was hand made by the animator Tadeusz Wilkosz!! It cost a lot of money and I waited a long time after sending my cash in hopes that it actually might show up, and it did! A one of a kind (they're all made different) hand made, authentic, scale sized Colargol!
He's beautiful and he's all mine and I wouldn't trade him for anything!!

September 23, 2014 @ 1:27 PM

David

I remember being a little frightened of one episode where they had all sorts of weird lightning bolts. I think they were in some sort of factory or manufacturing facility. Like there was some wizard or something. It's all very hazy. I'm 42 years old and I used to watch all the TVO stuff.

David

February 26, 2017 @ 1:36 AM

Roy

You might find this interesting...

June 13, 2018 @ 1:23 PM