Here's a list of songs from my collection with "Mom" or "Mother" or "Mama" in the title.
But be warned, not all of these mom and mother songs are appropriate for Mother's Day.
- Blueprint (Momma Loves Me) - Jay-Z
- Child Without Mother - Motherlode
- Dirty Mother For You - Memphis Minnie
- Do You Love Me/Mother Popcorn (You Got To Have A Mother For Me) - The Blues Brothers
- Does Your Mother Know - ABBA
- Dominion / Mother Russia - The Sisters of Mercy
- Ernie's Mom - Bob & Doug McKenzie
- Freak Momma - Mudhoney & Sir Mix-A-Lot
- Good Mother - Jann Arden
- Goodbye to Mother and the Cove - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - The Jackson 5
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - John Cougar Mellencamp
- I Want To Be The Boy To Warm Your Mother's Heart - The White Stripes
- Kyle´s Mom´s A B**ch - Eric Cartman And March Shaiman
- Momma's Gotta Die Tonight - Body Count
- Moms - A Tribe Called Quest
- Mother - Adrian Belew
- Mother - Pink Floyd
- Mother - Danzig
- Mother and Child Reunion - Paul Simon
- Mother Earth - Memphis Slim
- Mother May I - Coheed and Cambria
- Mother Mother - Tracy Bonham
- Mother Nature - Koko Taylor
- Mother Nature's Rump - dj BC and The Beastles
- Mother Nature's Son - The Beatles
- Mother Nature's Son - Sheryl Crow
- Mother Popcorn - James Brown
- Mother Popcorn, Pt. 1 - James Brown
- Mother Theresa Song - Humble Howard, Fred Patterson
- Motherless Child - Eric Clapton
- Mother's Day - blink-182
- Mother's Letter - Julie Waleters/Jamie Bell
- Mother's Little Helper - The Rolling Stones
- Mothers of the Disappeared - U2
- Mothers Talk - Tears For Fears
- My Mom - Eminem
- My Mommy Intro - Montell Jordan
- No Sugar Tonight / New Mother Nature - The Guess Who
- Nobody Loves Me But My Mother - B.B. King
- Oh Mom... - Adam Sandler
- Old Mother Reagan - Violent Femmes
- Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child - Louis Armstrong
- Tears Of A Teenage Mother - Jasmine Guy
- Tell Me, Momma - Live 5-14-66 The Odeon Liverpool - Bob Dylan
- That Was Your Mother - Paul Simon
- The Mothers - I Mother Earth
- Tie Your Mother Down - Ted Nugent
- Tie Your Mother Down - Queen
- Treat Me Like Your Mother - The Dead Weather
- Volvo Driving Soccer Mom - Everclear
- Welfare Mothers - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
- Your Mother Should Know - The Beatles
- Mama Told Me - Wale
- Mama I Love You (Legal Riddim) - Sean Paul
- Mama Do - Pixie Lott
- Mama Oo Pow Pow - The Cramps
- Look Mama - Howard Jones
- A Song For Mama - Boyz II Men
- Mama Told Me (Not to Come) - Randy Newman
- Ya Mama - Pharcyde
- Fine Little Mama - Elmore James
- Big Time Mama - Champion Jack Dupree
- Peach Orchard Mama - Big Joe Williams
- Mama Keep Your Big Mouth Shut - The Ugly Ducklings
- Mama Told Me Not To Come - Wilson Pickett
- Mama, Won't You Keep Them Castles in the Air and Burning? - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
- Hey Mama - Black Eyed Peas
- Dear Mama - 2Pac
- Mama'a Just A Little Girl - 2Pac
- Do It For Mama - Adam Sandler
- Mama Kin - Aerosmith
- Mama's Always On Stage - Arrested Development
- Mama Don't Smoke - Bran Van 3000
- Mama - Genesis
- Papa Loved Mama - Garth Brooks
- Mama Kin - Guns N' Roses
- Mama, Look At Bubu - Harry Belafonte
- Home To Mama - Johnny Favourite Swing Orchestra
- Hey Mama - Kanye West
- Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
- Mama Said - Metallica
- Mamacita - OutKast
- Mama, I'm Coming Home - Ozzy Osbourne
- Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me - Pearl Jam
- Your Mama Don't Dance - Poison
- Mama's Boy - The Ramones
- Hey Lawdy Mama - Steppenwolf
- Rag Mama Rag - The Band
- Mama's Boy - The Bloodhound Gang
- Mama's Pearl - The Jackson 5
- Mama I Gotta Brand New Thing (Don't Say No) - The Jackson 5
- Mama Told Me (Not to Come) - Three Dog Night
- My Mama - Triumph The Insult Comic Dog
- Mama, You Got a Daughter - John Lee Hooker
- Does Your Mama Know About Me - Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers
- Mama Tried - Merle Haggard
- Mama Told Me Not To Come - Three Dog Night
- Mama - Genesis
- Mama Said Knock You Out - L.L. Cool J
- Mama Look ...A Boo Boo - Howard Stern
- Mama You've Got A Daughter - John Lee Hooker
- My Black Mama Pt. II - Son House
- Tell Mama - Etta James
- La Mamma Morta - Maria Callas
- Mamma Mia - ABBA
Update: I've added "Mama" songs. You can't have a Mother's Day playlist without the mama tunes. Thanks Elvis, for the reminder. Elvis always did love his mama.
Update 2: I've added "Mamma" songs. You can't have a mom / mother / mama playlist without that damn ABBA song.
According to Google Analytics, here are the top ten organic search keywords that brought people to this site in April 2010.
- toronto mike
- sandra rinomato breasts
- eric tunney
- teri polo death
- tuukka rask trade
- big shiny tunes 2
- boom 97.3
- high park cherry blossoms
- big shiny tunes 5
- rick hodge
#5 on this list really irks me. When we traded prospect Tuukka Rask to Boston for Andrew Raycroft, I initially hated the trade. But then, the more I thought about it, the more I thought Raycroft could return to form and Rask might not pan out. Besides, we had Justin Pogge.
in hindsight, that was a brutal trade for the Leafs. Every day I see visitors hit that years old entry and it all comes back. It's like living in hell.
I just wrote about George Costanza. That got me thinking about my favourite television characters of all time.
I'm listing these ten here in no particular order. You may commence judging my ten favourite television characters..... now.
"'Cause I know she ain't gonna never go down there to go dining, that's why! Hey, yo, Kimmy, this ain't funny, yo! That woman raised me! And for as long as I been grown, once a month I been with her on a church Sunday, telling myself ain't no need to worry, 'cause ain't nobody in this city that lowdown to disrespect a Sunday morning!"
"The reason you haven't felt it is because it doesn't exist. What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one."
"Hey, I'm a man of logic; I'm a man of planning. I consider every detail; I factor in every possibility. Then I flip a coin."
"It's not a lie, if you believe it."
"For your information Miss Smartypants, I've been thinking about dropping Alzheimer's for 5 years - c'mon guys, where's the cure?"
"Even if God is dead, you're going to kiss his ass."
"Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead."
More Homer Simpson Quotes
"My mother used to hold a rosary in one hand while she beat me with the other. The next time I enter a church, six of my closest buddies will be carrying me."
"Baker, Let me let you in on a little secret, The patrolling officer on his beat is the one true dictatorship in America, we can lock a guy up on the humble, lock him up for real, or say fuck it and drink ourselves to death under the expressway and our side partners will cover us, No one - I mean no one - tells us how to waste our shift!"
"Doctor Johnny Fever, and I am burnin' up in here! Whoo! Whoo! We all in critical condition, babies, but you can tell me where it hurts, 'cause I got the healing prescription here from the big 'KRP musical medicine cabinet. Now I am talking about your 50,000 watt intensive care unit, babies! So just sit right down, relax, open your ears real wide and say, "Give it to me straight, Doctor, I can take it!"
I've always made lists. Top 10 this, Top 5 that... I've been making lists for as long as I can remember.
Back in 1989, I made a list of my top ten video games at the time. I know this because I still have this list in a box collecting dust in my basement.
Here's that exact list, as I wrote it out that day over twenty years ago. RBI Baseball led the way. I played it on the old 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System.
- RBI Baseball
- Blades of Steel
- Super Mario Bros 3
- Ice Hockey
- Punch Out
- Motocross Maniacs
It's March break.
Here are songs in my collection that have the word "march" in the title.
- 19th Nervous Breakdown - The Rolling Stones
- 21st Century Breakdown - Green Day
- A Room At Heartbreak Hotel - U2
- Achy Breaky Song - Weird Al Yankovic
- Alone I Break - Korn
- Ballbreaker - AC-DC
- Bend and Break - Keane
- Big Stuff (Previously Unissued Breakdown And Chatter) - Billie Holiday
- Break - The Kleptones
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Break Down Doors - Default
- Break Down The Walls - Chris Jericho - RA The Rugged Man
- Break 'Em Off Some - Cypress Hill
- Break 'Em On Down - Big Joe Williams
- Break Her Down - Moist
- Break It To Them Gently - Burton Cummings
- Break It Up - Foreigner
- Break It Up - Cypress Hill
- Break My Body - Pixies
- Break My Stride - Unique II
- Break My Stride - Mathiew Wilder
- Break of Dawn - Michael Jackson
- Break On Through (The Doors) - Pearl Jam
- Break on Through (To the Other Side) - The Doors
- Break Out (Insert) - N.W.A.
- Break Some Off - Korn
- Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
- Break The Bed - Odds
- Break the Grip of Shame - Paris
- Break The Ice - Britney Spears
- Break The Spell - The Rolling Stones
- Break Ups 2 Make Ups - Method Man/Method Man
- Break You Off - The Roots
- Break Your Heart - Barenaked Ladies
- Break Your Heart - Natalie Merchant
- Breakadown - De La Soul
- Breakaway - Ratatat
- Breakaway - Sass Jordan
- Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
- Breakdown - Guns N' Roses
- Breakdown - Handsome Boy Modeling School
- Breakdown - Jack Johnson
- Breakdown - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- Breakdown - Tantric
- Breakerfall - Pearl Jam
- Breakfast At The Circus - David Wilcox
- Breakfast In America - Supertramp
- Breakfast In Bed - The Pretenders
- Breakin' Dishes - Rihanna
- Breakin' the Law - The New Pornographers
- Breaking All The Rules - Ozzy Osbourne
- Breaking Free - High School Musical
- Breaking In - Means
- Breaking My Own Heart - Duffy
- Breaking The Girl - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Breaking The Habit - Linkin Park
- Breakout - Foo Fighters
- Breakout - Swing Out Sister
- Breakthrough - Big Wreck
- Bringin' On The Heartbreak - Def Leppard
- Calypso Breakdown - Ralph McDonald
- Communication Breakdown - Led Zeppelin
- Communications Breakdown - Chilliwack
- Daybreak - Barry Manilow
- Disciplined Breakdown - Collective Soul
- Don't Break My Heart - UB40
- Don't Confess (This Thing That Breaks My Heart) - Tegan and Sara
- Don't Go Breaking My Heart [With Kiki Dee] - Elton John
- Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) - The Rolling Stones
- Finish Your Collapse and Stay for Breakfast - Broken Social Scene
- Guilty (Previously Unissued Breakdown And Chatter) - Billie Holiday
- Hard Habit To Break - Chicago
- He Don't Love You (And He'll Break Your Heart) - Levon & The Hawks
- Heartbreak Beat - The Psychedelic Furs
- Heartbreak Hotel - Elvis Presley
- Heartbreak Hotel - Billy Joel
- Heartbreak Hotel - Whitney Houston
- Heartbreak Radio - Delbert McClinton
- Heartbreaker - Led Zeppelin
- Heartbreaker (Live, 1987) - Nirvana
- How Could An Angel Break My Heart - Kenny G
- I Feel Like Breaking Up Somebody's Home Tonight - Ann Peebles
- I Want to Break Free - Queen
- It's All Gonna Break - Broken Social Scene
- Jailbreak - Thin Lizzy
- Nookie, Break Stuff - Richard Cheese
- Only Love Can Break Your Heart - Neil Young
- Only Love Can Break Your Heart - Psychic TV
- Orange Juice Blues (Blues For Breakfast) - The Band
- Rude Boy Abroad [Lazare breakdub] - Bedouin Soundclash
- So He Won't Break - The Black Keys
- Spybreak! (Short One) - Propellerheads
- Stop Breakin Down Blues - Robert Johnson
- Stop Breaking Down - The White Stripes
- Super Disco Breakin' - Beastie Boys
- The Break - Soul Asylum
- Time To Break Up - blink-182
- To Da Break Of Dawn - L.L. Cool J.
- Unbreak my Heart - Johnny Mathis
- Up for Breakfast - Van Halen
- Welcome To Heartbreak [Ft. Kid Cudi] - Kanye West
- When Love Breaks Down - Prefab Sprout
- When the Levee Breaks - A Perfect Circle
- When The Levee Breaks - Dread Zeppelin
- When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin
- When Your Lonely Heart Breaks - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
- You're Breaking His Heart - Mark Mothersbaugh
According to Wikipedia, these are the biggest social networking websites you'd know about in North America, sorted alphabetically.
- Windows Live Spaces
I currently have accounts with Facebook, Flickr, LinkedIn and Twitter. Which ones do you use?
In my travels the other night, I stumbled upon Dead Teen Songs or Teenage Death Music or the teen death song or teen tragedy. In addition to being quite the title, it's quite the list.
You've got to love songs about teenage death. Here are my ten favourite dead teen songs.
- Last Kiss - Pearl Jam
- Leader of the Pack - The Shangri-las
- I Don't Like Mondays - Boomtown Rats
- Delia's Gone - Johnny Cash
- The Legend Of Tom Dooley - The Kingston Trio
- Freddie's Dead - Curtis Mayfield
- 19 - Paul Hardcastle
- Adam's Song - Blink 182
- Jeremy - Pearl Jam
- People Who Died - Jim Carroll
But my favourite teen tragedy song didn't even get a mention on this web page. That would be Big League by Tom Cochrane and Red Rider. Hit a truck doing seventy in the wrong lane to the big league.
I'm not much of a reader. I read a lot of the web, but not actual books.
My wife reads a lot, so I asked her to give me a list of her ten favourite books of 2009.
1. The Sealed Letter by Emman Donoghue
2. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
3. Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
4. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
5. Half the Sky by Nicholas D. Kristof
6. Julie & Julia by Julie Powell
7. When will there be good news? by Kate Atkinson
8. The Autobiography of Henry VIII by Margaret George
9. Outlander by Diana Galbaldon
10. Beach Music by Pat Conroy
I'm still partial to Goodnight Moon.
On the weekend, I wrote about movies I loved in 2009. As promised, here are movies I gave 5 or less out of 10 a.k.a. movies I hated in 2009.
- The Astronaut Farmer
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop
- Smart People
- You Don't Mess with the Zohan
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno
- Role Models
- The Love Guru
- Where in the World Is Osama Bin Laden?
- Be Kind Rewind
There were 2,155 sources of traffic to this site in 2009. #1 was Google and #2 was Yahoo. That's search engine traffic, and important, but this entry isn't about search engine traffic. It's about other sites that sent visitors over here throughout the year.
Excluding Google, Yahoo and Bing, here are the top ten sources of traffic to TorontoMike.com.
Inbound links are always appreciated, and whenever possible reciprocated.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 Next
Want more Toronto Mike blog entries? Visit the archives.