This weekend's theme at CFNY Edge 102 is "body parts". They'll group together song titles and artists with a body part in the name. This got me thinking. What are my favourite songs with the word "head" in the title?
The answer is below!
- Rage Against the Machine - Bullet In the Head
- Soundgarden - Head Down
- Beck - Fucking With My Head (Mountain Dew Rock)
- Alice In Chains - Head Creeps
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
- Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
- Cypress Hill - Hole In The Head
- House Of Pain - Put Your Head Out
- Puddle Of Mudd - Heel Over Head
- The Offspring - (Can't Get My) Head Around You
This weekend's theme at CFNY Edge 102 is "body parts". They'll group together song titles and artists with a body part in the name. This got me thinking. What are my favourite songs with the word "face" in the title?
The answer is below!
- Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan with Eddie Vedder - The Face of Love
- Dream Warriors - Wash Your Face In My Sink
- Soundgarden - Face Pollution
- Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
- Tom Petty - A Face In The Crowd
- 3rd Bass - The Gas Face
- Public Enemy - Game Face
- Rage Against the Machine - Without a Face
- Sum 41 - Angels With Dirty Faces
- Sloan - Can't Face Up
This weekend's theme at CFNY Edge 102 is "body parts". They'll group together song titles and artists with a body part in the name. This got me thinking. What are my favourite songs with the word "hand" in the title?
The answer is below!
- Soundgarden - Burden In My Hand
- Pearl Jam - Sleight Of Hand
- Public Enemy - Terminator X Speaks With His Hands
- Cypress Hill - Hand On The Glock
- Alanis Morissette - Hand In My Pocket
- The Guess Who - Hand Me Down World
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- Johnny Cash - These Hands
- Ice Cube - A Bird In The Hand
- DAS EFX - Klap Ya Handz
I was just looking at a list of the ten most watched television telecasts of all time and I realized I only saw one. At least I only remember seeing one, it's possible I saw the '86 Super Bowl, but I don't remember. Here are the top ten of all time:
- M*A*S*H Finale
- Dallas (Who Shot JR?)
- Roots Pt. VIII
- Super Bowl XVI Game
- Super Bowl XVII Game
- XVII Winter Olympics - Wed-2
- Super Bowl XX Game
- Gone With The Wind-Pt.1 (Big Event-Pt 1)
- Gone With The Wind-Pt.2 (NBC Mon.Mov.)
- Super Bowl XII Game
The one I remember watching was that 1994 Winter Olympics showdown between Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding.
Here are my ten favourite songs with the word "Mother" in the title.
- Tracy Bonham - Mother Mother
- Pink Floyd - Mother
- The Guess Who - No Sugar Tonight - New Mother Nature
- Ghetto Boyz - Die Mother F*ckers
- Danzig - Mother
- Jann Arden - Good Mother
- James Brown - Mother Popcorn
- The Rolling Stones - Mother's Little Helper
- U2 - Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Violent Femmes - Old Mother Reagan
CBC Radio has completed their quest to come up with a great list of the 50 essential Canadian popular songs. You can view the list in its entirety. Below are the top ten.
- 'Four Strong Winds' by Ian and Sylvia (1963)
- 'If I had $1000000' by the Barenaked Ladies (1992)
- 'Heart of Gold' by Neil Young (1971)
- 'Northwest Passage' by Stan Rogers (1981)
- 'American Woman' by The Guess Who (1970)
- 'Canadian Railroad Trilogy' by Gordon Lightfoot (1967)
- 'Both Sides Now' by Joni Mitchell (1969)
- 'Suzanne' by Leonard Cohen (1967)
- 'Big Yellow Taxi' by Joni Mitchell (1970)
- 'Early Morning Rain' by Gordon Lightfoot (1966)
Songs of particular interest to myself: "New Orleans is Sinking" was #16, "Rockin' in the Free World" was #24, "Courage" was #27 and "Let Your Backbone Slide" was #46.
With only a few more hours remaining in St. Patricks' Day 2005, here are my ten favourite songs with the word "green" in the title.
- Green Onions - Booker T & the MGs
- Fiddler's Green - The Tragically Hip
- Little Green Bag - The George Baker Selection
- Green Disease - Pearl Jam
- Green River - Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Green Eyes - Coldplay
- It's Not Easy Being Green - Kermit the Frog
- Green Eyes - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- Bitter Green - Gordon Lightfoot
- Green Apples - Chantal Kreviazuk
The waiting game continues while the NHL and NHL Players' Association meet in New York. Here are my ten favourite songs with the word "wait" in the title.
- Waiting In Vain - Bob Marley & The Wailers
- Wait And Bleed - Slipknot
- I Can't Wait - The White Stripes
- Waiting For A Miracle - Bruce Cockburn
- (Are You) The One That I've Been Waiting For? - Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds
- Waiting - Green Day
- True Love Waits - Radiohead
- Are We The Waiting - Green Day
- Wait Until Tomorrow - Jimi Hendrix
- Waiting For A Chance To See Her - Hayden
I realize I'm a day late with this, but better late than never. Last year I posted my ten favourite songs with the word "love" in the title in honour of Valentine's Day. Today I bring you my ten favourite songs with the word "heart" in the title.
- Heart-Shaped Box - Nirvana
- Boots Or Hearts - The Tragically Hip
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
- Heart Of Gold - Neil Young
- Unchain My Heart - Ray Charles
- Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart - Stone Temple Pilots
- Piece Of My Heart - Janis Joplin
- Beat Your Heart Out - The Distillers
- Closer To The Heart - Rush
- I Want To Be The Boy To Warm Your Mother's Heart - The White Stripes
- Green Day - American Idiot
During the political summer of 2004, this was a great single. It reminded me of the good ol' Dookie days. I'm not surprised to see it in the top ten but I am surprised to see it at the top of this list. It would have appeared on SLS12 had "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" not supplanted it.
- Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
"Take Me Out" was my favourite song released in 2004. It's really two quality tunes in one. You've got that killer build up, which could have been a song unto itself, then it breaks down into a completely different but even better song. I can't say enough good things about "Take Me Out", a perfect single. It appropriately led off the excellent SLS11.
- Outkast - Hey Ya!
I'm fairly certain "Hey Ya! peaked on CFNY Edge 102 in 2003, but it did have a remarkably long shelf life. It appeared way back on SLS10 and was a personal favourite of mine until it was played into the ground. It's a hard tune to dislike.
- U2 - Vertigo
I said everything I had to say about this song in this entry. I had no interest, lets move on.
- Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit
From the album that keeps producing hit singles, "Breaking The Habit" was a pretty decent tune and did appear on SLS12. It didn't blow me away but I heard much, much worse in 2004.
- Beastie Boys - Ch-Check It Out
When this single first hit, I jacked up the car stereo every time it came on. It harkened me back to old school Beastie Boys and helped me get my groove back. It appeared on SLS11.
- The Offspring - Hit That
I used to have a lot of respect for The Offspring. I must have spun their disc "Smash" a billion times. "Ixnay On The Hombre" was pretty good too, and then they released the song that killed The Offspring in my eyes. "Pretty Fly For A White Guy". Argh, thinking about that sell-out of a garbage tune makes me want to puke. "Hit That" isn't much better.
- Modest Mouse - Float On
"Float On" was part of the 2004 Tunage Trifecta, all of which made CFNY Edge 102's top ten of 2004. It also made my top five. This is a great track.
- Incubus - Megalomaniac
At first I wasn't sure of this song, then I started to really like it, then it grew on me so I loved it and spun it often, then I got tired of it and haven't heard it in months. It easily made SLS12.
- The Killers - Somebody Told Me
Rounding out the 2004 Tunage Trifecta is "Somebody Told Me", a very catchy tune that I would catch my self singing periodically throughout 2004. I'm glad to see it on this list.
There you have it, my reaction to CFNY Edge 102's top ten songs of 2004. If you're curious where the rest of my top five ranked on their chart, they had The Tragically Hip's "Vaccination Scar" at #30 and The Killers' "Mr. Brightside" and The Von Bondies' "C'mon C'mon" didn't rank at all. Pity.
Previous 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next
Want more Toronto Mike blog entries? Visit the archives.