Best Canadian Song Search
My quest to come up with a definitive list of the 100 best Canadian tunes of all-time is soaring higher than our dollar.
Here's the tenth dump of Canadian gems. Take no prisoners.
- Neil Young - Heart of Gold
- Neil Young - Rockin' In The Free World
- Nelly Furtado - I'm Like A Bird
- Neverending White Lights - The Grace
- The New Pornographers - Mass Romantic
- The New Pornographers - Use It
- Nickelback - How You Remind Me
- Northern Lights - Tears Are Not Enough
- The Northern Pikes - Teenland
- Odds - Someone Who's Cool
My quest to come up with a definitive list of the 100 best Canadian tunes of all-time has the momentum of a Phil Leotardo led assault on our favourite New Jersey crime family.
Here's the ninth dump of Canadian gems. Take no prisoners.
- Maestro Fresh-Wes - Let Your Backbone Slide
- Mashmakhan - As Years Go By
- Matthew Good Band - Apparitions
- Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
- Metric - Combat Baby
- Moist - Push
- Moxy Fruvous - King of Spain
- Neil Young - Cinnamon Girl
- Neil Young - Helpless
- Neil Young - Old Man
My quest to come up with a definitive list of the 100 best Canadian tunes of all-time is bigger than Jesus. You know Jesus Delgado, right? He's a Red Sox pitching prospect. This is even bigger than him.
Here's the eighth dump of Canadian gems. Take no prisoners.
- Lee Aaron - Watcha Do To My Body
- Len - Steal My Sunshine
- Leonard Cohen - Suzanne
- Leonard Cohen - Bird on a Wire
- Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah
- Lighthouse - One Fine Morning
- Lighthouse - Sunny Days
- Loverboy - Turn Me Loose
- The Lowest of the Low - Bleed A Little While Tonight
- The Lowest of the Low - Henry Needs A New Pair of Shoes
My quest to come up with a definitive list of the 100 best Canadian tunes of all-time is creating more buzz in NYC than A-Rod and his Brass Rail babe. I've never been inside the Brass Rail (it's true, I swear) but I watched her glowing lights from my balcony for two years in my early 20s.
Here's the seventh dump of Canadian gems. Be relentless!
- Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi
- Joni Mitchell - Help, Me
- Joni Mitchell - Woodstock
- Joni Mitchell - Both Sides, Now
- Joni Mitchell - The Circle Game
- k-os - Heaven Only Knows
- k-os - Man I Used To Be
- k.d. lang - Constant Craving
- Kim Mitchell - Patio Lanterns
- Kim Mitchell - Go For Soda
My quest to come up with a definitive list of the 100 best Canadian tunes of all-time is the most exciting thing to happen to this country since Gaétan Boucher won silver at the Lake Placid Olympic games in 1980. I'll be dumping ten tracks every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and then we'll see where we're at before the final list appears on July 1st.
Here's the sixth dump of Canadian gems.
- The Headstones - Unsound
- hHead - Happy
- Holly McNarland - Numb
- Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
- Honeymoon Suite - New Girl Now
- I Mother Earth - So Gently We Go
- Ian and Sylvia - Four Strong Winds
- Jann Arden - Could I Be Your Girl
- Jann Arden - Insensitive
- Jeff Healey - Angel Eyes
My quest to come up with a definitive list of the 100 best Canadian tunes of all-time is rolling right along, gathering steam as it bowls over everything in its path. Today I'm tackling a couple of greats in Gordon Lightfoot and The Guess Who.
Here's the fifth dump of Canadian gems.
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Gordon Lightfoot - Early Morning Rain
- Gordon Lightfoot - Canadian Railroad Trilogy
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Gowan - A Criminal Mind
- Great Big Sea - Ordinary Day
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Guess Who - Share the Land
- The Guess Who - These Eyes
- The Guess Who - No Time
- Hayden - Bad As They Seem
Here's the fourth dump of Canadian gems. Comment away my CanCon brothers and sisters.
- Crowbar - Oh What A Feeling
- Custom - Hey Mister
- The Dears - Lost in the Plot
- Death From Above 1979 - Romantic Rights
- Doug and the Slugs - Too Bad
- Dream Warriors - My Definition of a Boombastic Jazz Style
- Econoline Crush - You Don't Know What It's Like
- Elliot Brood - The Bridge
- Feist - Mushaboom
- Five Man Electical Band - Signs
- The Gandharvas - The First Day of Spring
Here's the third dump of ten Canadian gems.
- Bruce Cockburn - Lovers in a Dangerous Time
- Bryan Adams - Summer of '69
- Change of Heart - Herstory
- Chantal Kreviazuk - Surrounded
- Chilliwack - Fly At Night
- Rascalz, Checkmate, Kardinal Offishall, Thrust and Choclair - Northern Touch
- City and Colour - Comin' Home
- Colin James - Why'd You Lie
- Corey Hart - Sunglasses at Night
- Cowboy Junkies - Misguided Angel
- Crash Test Dummies - Superman's Song
In case you're new to the party, I'm on a quest to come up with a definitive list of the 100 best Canadian tunes of all-time. To make our lives easier, I've created a new category to collect these entries.
I've also made another minor adjustment. I'm now pulling ten songs each day from my collection sorted by artist. I had to revisit the "A's" just to make sure I didn't miss any diamonds in the rough. As always, comments are desired.
Here's the second dump of ten Canadian gems.
- The Age of Electric - Remote Control
- Alexisonfire - The Could Be Anywhere In The World
- Anne Murray - Snowbird
- April Wine - You Could Have Been A Lady
- Bachman Turner Overdrive - Takin' Care Of Business
- The Band - The Weight
- Bif Naked - Chotee
- Big Wreck - That Song
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Broken Social Scene - Cause=Time
I'm on a quest to come up with a definitive list of the 100 best Canadian tunes of all-time. Every couple of days I'm dumping ten great Canadian songs and inviting you to suggest Canadian classics in the comments.
On July 1, I'll unveil the top 100. Here's the first dump of ten Canadian gems.
- 54-40 - I Go Blind
- Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
- Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
- Arcade Fire - Wake Up
- Ashley MacIsaac - Sleepy Maggie
- Barenaked Ladies - Brian Wilson
- Billy Talent - Nothing To Lose
- Blue Rodeo - Try
- Blue Rodeo - Diamond Mine
- Bran Van 3000 - Drinking in L.A.
Previous 1 2 3 Next
Want more Toronto Mike blog entries? Visit the archives.