Open Mike

Welcome to this week's Open Mike. I'm Mike and I'll be your master of ceremonies for the day.

Open Mike on Toronto Mike

Cheryl

I'm first. Goody. It's great being first. My Indians won. Boy, there was a big long rain delay. That was no good. I hate rain delays though. They throw everything off. You know what. There should be a law saying that every stadium has to have a roof. Some do, but others don't. Well, my Indians did win this game. How about my Jose. He is finally becoming the player he used to be. Two home runs by my Jose. I love my Jose. My Indians are winning the World Series even if they only get a wild card spot, they'll win that game. Everyone will come for a piece of Chief Wahoo cake. My Orioles or Diamondbacks didn't play last night.

July 5, 2019 @ 8:00 AM

Rick

71 Hot Dogs - I am amazed every year by that!

Sad to see the end of MAD Magazine. Many laughs from it during my childhood and beyond.

Toronto stalking Leonard is ridiculous.

I just happily discovered Designated Survivor Season 3 is on Netflix!

July 5, 2019 @ 8:14 AM

Have a great weekend, all!

I've been very busy (which is a good thing!) so I've neglected some of the things I pledged to do. For example, the month-end podcast for Patrons only.

I'll get to it as soon as I come up for air.

July 5, 2019 @ 8:27 AM

LieveFamke

Bonjour from the boat on the Canal du Nord in France! The heatwave is over but it’s still +30C!

July 5, 2019 @ 9:27 AM

James Edgar

Happy Friday All.

I'm moving back to Etobicoke Tomorrow. Hopefully for the long term.

July 5, 2019 @ 9:27 AM

jj

TM - stay hydrated but enjoy a productive and busy weekend!

Lieve - keep on enjoying your amazing trip.

James Edgar - hopefully you can stay for the long term too. i always thought Etobicoke was soooo far (it is from Scarborough) but my brother moved out there last year, and I find it lovely. good luck with the move!

Cheryl - I'm not a baseball fan, but I know the Jays are not bringing it home :(

July 5, 2019 @ 9:51 AM

@jj

I'm good for 2 litres of tap water a day. But that's a typical day. On a day like this, I might double that!

@James Edgar

What part of Etobicoke?

July 5, 2019 @ 11:01 AM

@LieveFamke

Good luck to your soccer team! I'm rooting for ya.

July 5, 2019 @ 11:01 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Desperately hoping that 'Our Man' Fred Penner throws us a real musical curve ball and Kicks Out
the disparate likes of Cannibal Corpse, Insane Clown Posse, and maybe even a little smidgen of
Geto Boys! Still can't believe that Bushwick Bill is really gone. Thank goodness for 12:36's monthly
memorial update!!

July 5, 2019 @ 11:13 AM

bsmntdwllr73

And I also think that it goes without saying that I belatedly learned all the most pertinent facts
about the birds and the bees & how to 'respectfully' treat a woman from the Geto Boys's 1990 deep
cut "Gangster of Love" (Both versions: L. Skynyrd and Steve Miller samples). What a revolutionary
act Rick Rubin unleashed by releasing their major label debut on Def American. Though it didn't
last for very long, momentarily they were label mates with the equally difficult Slayer!!

July 5, 2019 @ 11:18 AM

bsmntdwllr73, a.ka., Bsmntdwllrr Beheom!

@Mike
Saw your recent tweet supposing the likelihood of F. Penner being into Norwegian metal and so
obviously keen minds think alike!! Although the aforementioned Cannibal Corpse are from beautiful
Buffalo, so that almost makes them honorary Canadians! And J. Carrey was a noted fan back in the
day (please see the far superior/linear "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" flick for proof of that particular
concept!!).

July 5, 2019 @ 11:45 AM

collingwood dave

Went to sunset point in Collingwood yesterday with the wife. There is a place called the Chipper where they sell ice cream hot dogs and fries ect. We both ate a hot dog and split an order of fries and we were both full. How in the complete fuck can 1 man eat 71 hot dogs in 10 minutes, it is mind boggling. Oh and am I the only person who is getting sick of this Kawhi crap. Enjoy the weekend. Oh and ps. the Argos really stink this year..

July 5, 2019 @ 11:49 AM

Neil Clarke Warren

Has anyone else noticed that all thru all of this Kawhi crap the one person who has never met a camera or microphone he did not love, Drake has been werry werry quiet ? Verry Interesting ??

July 5, 2019 @ 1:28 PM

Rob J

I kind of miss the days when supporters of right-wing/populist governments would come on here to give hilariously passionate defences of their political heroes. Not one comment sticking up for Lisa McLeod after her crazy public (drunken?) tirade against Eugene Melnyk?

July 5, 2019 @ 2:57 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Rob J
At least we now know that (ALLEGEDLY!!) Ms. MacLeod might not be the most ideal candidate the
next time Mr. Barbados Millionaire needs to return home for a piece of someone else's liver!!

July 5, 2019 @ 3:05 PM

Tron

One thing I never knew is how passionate so many middle age white men are about the authenticity of The Little Mermaid .

July 5, 2019 @ 3:44 PM

Rob J

(By the way, Ford bending over backward to ensure a rich man's feelings aren't hurt long-term might be worse than his minister's blow-up)

July 5, 2019 @ 6:07 PM

dale

The Kawhi watch is becoming nauseating. Leave the "poor - soon to be RICH" guy alone. He's not a very sociable person & not social media on his part & wants to be alone with family & friends to finally make the disclosure.
Believe today he is more popular than the POPE. JMO.
Planes, Helicopters following everything he does. With his personality I feel sorry for him & possibly making his final decision to leave this "fishbowl". He doesn't like it but may be larger if he sign with Lakers. LeBron still thinks he is the KING of NBA but if Kawhi signs there Lebron will be the prince.
Have a great weekend & stay cool.

July 5, 2019 @ 6:09 PM

Rick C in Oakville

@lieve, I always wanted to do a river boat cruise, I was in Germany last week and Poland the week before, and the rivers still are important transportation routes. Cool that in the middle of Berlin there are locks etc.
I did a WW2 trip with my dad(WW2 vet, 93 years old), just unbelievable how man could be so barbaric to his fellow man. Going to Birkenau and seeing how huge the camp was, and the atrocities that happened there and Auschwitz, was very emotional. The pictures of the children are imprinted on my memory.
Every person who is a denier of this time in history, should have to witness this first hand.

July 5, 2019 @ 7:56 PM

Toronto Joey

Greetings from The VIA Number 1 westbound to Vancouver.
Another bucket-list entry checked off.
Mike's podcasts are are great way to enjoy the view and listen to a proven piece of Canadiana.
Way to go Mike! So wanted to join you at TMX3 but was tied up preparing for trip.
Da Boss is busy knitting for the Grandchildren and I'm busy bugging everyone on the train.
Here's to tethered cellular data! No wi-fi on this train.
Next project, convincing the crew to let me ride up front in the engine.
I can dream, can't I?
Brandon Drury just hit a homer. B|ack to the ballgame!

Best Wishes Everybody!

Toronto Joey

July 5, 2019 @ 9:12 PM

Rick C in Oakville

@Toronto Joey, I used Gigsky in Europe, worked flawlessly for your own Cellular wifi. Bus system was almost non existent.

July 5, 2019 @ 9:42 PM

Toronto Joey

Thanks Rick.

Advice well taken.
Off to Jasper then Vancouver.
Any hotel recommendations from anybody?

Toronto Joey

July 6, 2019 @ 12:46 AM

Cheryl

Well, my Indians had the night off last night, but my Orioles and Diamondbacks won. Dylan Bundy pitched a great game for my Orioles. Zach Grienke pitched a shutout for my Diamondbacks. This is great, but the Indians are winning the World Series this time. Yes, they will. My Jose will be hitting home runs like crazy after the all star break. My Jose is an awesome player, the best. I love my Jose. I have your requests for the party. I will play Ramblin Gamblin Man and I will play Shakedown. Let me know of any more requests.

July 6, 2019 @ 7:27 AM

@Toronto Joey

Enjoy! I saw Brandon Drury hit that home run live. It was the lone highlight. :)

Oh.... except for the George Bell jersey. I walked by George, to get in the line to meet him, but was told by staff the line was cut and I was too late. :(

Great day yesterday. Woke up to learn Kawhi is a Clipper. Oh well... that was a great run and we'll be 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS forever. I will wear my Kawhi bounce shirt with pride.

July 6, 2019 @ 8:52 AM

Rob J

Relatively new sports fans in Canada are likely shocked at how little any of the local ‘experts’ actually knew about where he would sign. Sucks when you need to pontificate and speculate yet have zero sources in the player’s camp. Lesson learned, hopefully.

July 6, 2019 @ 9:51 AM

Steal

Hey Mike, Not sure if you were aware of this tribute David Marsden is doing tonight?

July 6, 2019 @ 10:02 AM

bsmntdwllr73

About 45 minutes ago Boom 97.3 played Gerry Rafferty's classic 1978 stunner "Baker
Street" and it pretty much got me to thinking the following: I'm really not one for strip
clubs as I've only been three times in my life (with the last visit having occurred over
twenty years ago). However, that tune would be my all-time-go-to-lapdance-jam!! Plus,
it would be a lot more stimulating if the talented (& to date still very hypothetical) ecdysiast
in question was also able to successfully mime along in perfect Air Sax harmony alongside
the IMMORTAL saxophone playing of one Mr. Raphael Ravenscroft! And since I would obviously
have to pay a pretty penny to scratch this little gem off of my quite voluminous bucket list (I guess
I've lead a very sheltered life to date), well, only the original full-length album version will do.
Sadly, this morning, those otherwise most prudent folks at Boom robbed me of hearing this
track's blazing fade-out in all of its awesome entirety. BASTARDS!!

P.S., totally unrelated, but at least MLSE will now have at least another two-and-a-half
decades (at the very least) to plan their next B-ball championship victory parade .I probably
won't be around to see it, but perhaps the second time around will adhere more precisely to
the exacting tenets of Swiss Time Precision. P.P.S., Burton Cumming's "Break It To Them Gently"
would make for an excellent if somewhat ironic mourning song. Heck, it was good enough
to allegedly inspire a classic episode of that eighties Bros. detective drama "Simon & Simon."

July 6, 2019 @ 10:17 AM

LA

TO we got played.

Going to a Jays game. Wearing bluejays T-shirt in the Carribean. Flying in to demand Masai trade Siakam to get George & Westbrook. Sound familiar?

Don't call him Kawahi, rather Lebron Jr. cuz thats what Lebron does. He manipulates the league to get what he wants.

He was traded here. He had no leverage but that all changed with his celebrity status. But he wasn't playing with some chump.

Masai, u are one bad-ass MF..ker!!! Glad u r our Pres & GM.

July 6, 2019 @ 4:34 PM

Cheryl

How about those Indians. Great win. Franky Lindor hit two homers. Great. Shane Beber was awesome as well. Let's win another one today. How about those Orioles. Andrew Cashner is a great pitcher. Great win. Let's go for the sweep. Sounds good. My Diamondbacks won as well. Everyone won so it was a great night for baseball. Let's have another great day before the all star break. Then we will be playing the last half of the season and Indians will win the World Series. Chief Wahoo cake. Let me know if any more requests. Remember if you smoke at my party, it's a fine of $500.00.

July 7, 2019 @ 7:28 AM

RushMike

The Royal Pains kicked ass last night at the Olde Village Free House in Newmarket. Thanks Al, Stu and Chris ... a great show.
Hope to see you again this summer.

July 7, 2019 @ 7:35 AM

Cheryl

How about those Indians. Great win. Lots of runs. The poor little Reds lost and that's great that my Indians could beat them. Home runs by Jason Kipnis, Jake Bowers, Greg Allen, and Tyler Naquin. Trevor Bauer pitched a gem. My Diamondbacks also won and that's great, but my Orioles didn't sweep. They lost. Why did they have to lose. Oh well, Indians are winning the World Series. Trust me. My personal baker is going to make a Chief Wahoo cake.

July 8, 2019 @ 7:15 AM

@RushMike

Yet they didn't play RUSH!

July 8, 2019 @ 8:55 AM

Al The Royal Pain

Thanks for coming out Mike it was great to see you again! Sorry we didn't play any Rush. ;)

July 8, 2019 @ 10:38 AM

jj

I do wish Kawhi stayed :( But I harbor very little ill will. Can't wait to see what we do next season, and at the end of the day we have a championship :)

July 8, 2019 @ 11:41 AM

James Edgar

@Mike I'm getting back together with my Wife in the Eglinton /Kipling apartment i moved from last year.

I hate moving even more than i did before after this. If it doesn't work out well this time (And I'm very confident it will ) and i have to leave again I'm taking 3 pairs of socks 3 a few T-shirts 2 Pairs jeans , one of my Guitars and my Motorcycle. Everything else can be someone else problem

July 8, 2019 @ 12:15 PM

bsmntdwllr73

About a half hour ago I spent a very aggravating near-fifteen minute period awaiting a northbound
TTC vehicle (alas, 'tis a regular thang these days...) and all that kept me from a semi-nervous breakdown was the dulcet tones of the nearby station busker. This lone minstrel with his
acoustic guitar and a vocal range somewhere between Marty Robbins and Josh from the Smoking
Popes (who memorably contributed their "Need You Around" to the "Clueless" soundtrack back in '95,) performed a heartfelt version of Morrissey's touching 2004 track "First Of the Gang To Die." The only missing ingredient was the absence of a local Son of Anarchy(!) to contritely pour out a half-full 40 o'Malt Liquor in honour of said dead homie!! Fun fact: There are at least a couple of documentaries out there investigating the long-lasting appeal the music of The Smiths/solo Morrissey amongst Latino youth, especially Mexicans. All I know is that he permanently won my undying respect with his anthemic "You're the One For Me, Fatty" off 1992's career-best "Your Aresenal" platter. Now please kindly do excuse me while I at least launch a spirited attempt to secure some Gladioli in loving tribute to the Mozzer!!

July 8, 2019 @ 12:34 PM

RushMike

@ TO Mike
@Al The Royal Pain...unfortunately I didn't have enough Big Mac coupons to bribe the band !!! Next time for sure....Great show even w/o any Rush

July 8, 2019 @ 12:45 PM

@James Edgar

Between marriages I lived in an apartment near Eglinton and Kipling. Great pool... loved it.

July 8, 2019 @ 12:55 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Just putting it out there, but once again a fantastic local Rush tribute band called "CRUSH" will be
playing on the CNE Midway Stage on September first. Saw these folks last summer and they were
fantastic, and even more incredibly, the fella covering for Alex Lifeson is also the lead vocalist.
Talk 'bout a delicate balancing act!! Plus, if memory serves, "Time Stands Still" was the only track
performed past '82 or so. (Not necessarily such a bad thing, as technology had completley overtaken
their sound by that point. Hence all the constant LINER NOTE shout-outs to the musical gearhead maestros known as Saved By Technology!!).

July 8, 2019 @ 12:55 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Um, sorry, Monday afternoon, middle-aged brainfart. Obviously meant to type "Time STAND Still"
above!! I'll punish myself by listening to an album's worth of J. Bieber in a non-ironic fashion. Pray
for my ears!!

July 8, 2019 @ 1:07 PM

I'm now encouraging lists of things I should do in Vancouver. Go!

July 8, 2019 @ 1:13 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
I've never been out west myself, but it might still be a good idea to avoid Davie Street, if that legendary Canuck documentary "Hookers On Davie" taught us anything else back in the mid-eighties!! A regular late night staple back in the day on CityTV.

July 8, 2019 @ 1:21 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

Great tip!

I actually spent some time in and around Vancity in '98, but although that feels recent, I'm told it's over twenty years ago.

July 8, 2019 @ 1:34 PM

RushMike

@bsmntdwllr73. Thanks for the tip on CRUSH. I will keep that in mind and try to check them out. We usually visit the CNE most years on Labor Day weekend, so this might actually work.

July 8, 2019 @ 1:57 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@RushMike
They were awesome, and the gent handling the bass/keyboard action had a real Chris Cornell-vibe
going on, so you obviously can't judge a book by its cover, unless its by Ayn Rand. Too soon?!?
And they played for close to two and a half hours, not including several site-required breaks to
increase/promote adult beverage sales!!

July 8, 2019 @ 2:19 PM

Broni

Vancouver suggestions:
-Rent a bike at one of the places on Denman Street near West Georgia and ride around Stanley Park. There a bunch of bike rental shops in a row. If you walk a block or two up Denman the shops are a few bucks less than the big shop on the corner (Spokes) which is where most tourists end up. Once you hop on the bike ride down Denman towards the water, turn left and follow the awesome marked bike path.

-If you're checking out a suspension bridge, consider the Lynn Valley one instead of Capilano. The bridge itself is the same experience but WAY less crowded. It's in a regional park, so it's FREE. And there are kilometres of awesome trails to hike on the other side. If you turn left after crossing the bridge a 10 minute walk takes you to a cool little natural swimming hole.

July 8, 2019 @ 2:23 PM

Lievefamke

@Rick C: totally recommend doing a bike and barge!
My parents are Dutch and the Canadians liberated them! I grew up with WWII stories (my parents are older). My Oma (grandmother) hid a Jewish mother and son - the father and other son were hidden elsewhere: all survived!). My cousins and I (who were named after my Oma) accepted the award on her behalf at a Vad Vashem ceremony in Amsterdam in 2005. I been to a ‘transit camp’ in the Netherlands - just awful.

We are biking through the Somme area and there are a number of WWI memorials. Mainly other Commonwealth countries (New Zealand and Australia) we aren’t in the area for where the Canadians fought (or the Americans). Our tour guide even told us this - warned us that the Canadian and American memorials are not on our bike route.

And still:
We saw a ceremony/parade for South African soldiers; I said aren’t you going to remove your hat? ‘Why would I? It’s not the American flag.’ I said it is an act of respect! I got an eye roll in response.
At a WWI museum dedicated to the Australians who had had fought and won back the town from the Germans): why aren’t the Americans mentioned? We won the war for them. I was flabbergasted, seriously?!? Did you miss the whole point of the museum?

It’s staggering to think about the death and destruction in this area. They are still finding items in the ground from that time. Mostly everything was destroyed - buildings that we think are old are less than 100 years because everything had to be rebuilt (this even includes trees!) after WWI.

If you want more info on my bike tour, ask Toronto Mike for my email address.. or wait til TMLX4! 😄

July 8, 2019 @ 2:52 PM

James Edgar

@Lievefamke great story thanks for sharing! I really want to spend some time in that part of France. I've been to France twice but for visiting relatives and none live North of Bordeaux . Doing a bike tour sounds like a great way to see things.

July 8, 2019 @ 5:49 PM

dale

Every time I see Vladdy JR. on a convo he always as his interpreter. WHY?
Vladdy Sr. speaks great English.& Jr. was around him in Mtl. when dad played & Jr. 2-3 seasons in N America & still won't speak to reporters in English.
I just don't get it. I know he only 20 yrs. old, but if you want to play for the Jays at least give a try.
What's gonna happen after the HR derby tonight as reporters will want to talk to him.
Have a Cervaza on me.

July 8, 2019 @ 5:50 PM

@dale

You can file that one under things I couldn't care less about. I just don't care if a member of my favourite MLB team speaks English or not. :)

But I will check out the HR Derby tonight, just to see how a guy with 8 career homers does.

July 8, 2019 @ 7:34 PM

I want to do a bike and barge!

July 8, 2019 @ 7:34 PM

Rob J

Around 30% of MLBers were not born in the US, representing over 20 countries. In an increasingly global sport, don't expect your faves to necessarily speak English. In fact some pitchers require a translator to accompany the manager/pitching coach for mound visits. Just win, baby. (Obviously the player you're referencing was born in Canada, but raised in the DR)

July 8, 2019 @ 8:18 PM

Cheryl

I really don't care about the home run derby or all star game for that matter. Oh well, I guess the bulk of the players need a break. Well, as for NBA, I think my Bucks or Nets have a shot at winning it all next year, even my Cavs or Suns. I know in hockey my Habs and Coyotes will make the finals, but we have the World Series first which will be my Indians winning it. Football starts soon. Browns, Ravens, or Cardinals will win, so there will be a Superbowl party.

July 9, 2019 @ 7:13 AM

The HR Derby doesn't mean much, but it sure was fun last night. This moment is to Vladdy as the 2000 Slam Dunk contest was to Vince.

In a horrible season, it's a rare happy moment for us Jays fans.

Even though he lost!

July 9, 2019 @ 8:38 AM

H.o.E.

Star article "TTC vehicles get caught in gridlock too often. Should the King Street pilot project be replicated?"
Yes! Of course there needs to be more dedicated bus lanes and rush hour express buses. There's not going to be any new subway lines built overnight.
For those repeating the silly "war on the car" mantra, if you're dumb enough to still be driving into downtown Toronto and complain about gridlock, do you also jump into a lake and complain that you got wet?

July 9, 2019 @ 11:29 AM

bsmntdwllr73

And is it also still a major social faux pas to drop a silent (but most deadly!) 'stink bomb' in a crowded elevator and then to sheepishly not take credit for it?!? (Not an autobiographical anecdote, btw!!!)

July 9, 2019 @ 11:36 AM

T

Vladdy was averaging 29Hr/round. That second round did him in. He had nothing left for the finals.

Alonso 14.20,23 hr. & he is the winner. Pathetic.

& Vladdy always went first too. Terrible format.

July 9, 2019 @ 12:21 PM

H.o.E.

@bsmntdwllr73 - If you have a sensitive nose, I think it's people sitting beside you that have been smoking that you'll notice more often. But really it's air conditioning and smart phones that have made public transit a more tolerable experience in recent years. They have something to do (watch TV shows, read, games) while riding that they couldn't (or certainly shouldn't) while driving, with earbuds also shutting out any nearby screaming toddlers, loud and constantly giggling teenage girls, or occasional mentally disturbed person yelling at something imaginary. And the Google Map Transit or Triplinx apps will tell you what routes and how long it will take.

I think some people still have a strange kind of arrogant ("I'm not riding on a bus or train with those people") or misplaced machismo attitude against public transit. I still think of being in early high school and having some huge moron look at me while he was talking to someone else and say "at least I don't take the bus", after he had seen me and another guy the day before waiting for a GO bus. I kept my mouth shut, but felt like saying, "you know the rest of us in this class are only 14, and not 18 or 19 and in our fifth year of ninth grade, right?"

July 9, 2019 @ 1:42 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@H.o.E
I have a pretty keen sense of smell and it has become even more so since I decided to start taking my own personal hygiene a lot more seriously about a year ago. So now I'm now pretty arrogant 'bout unchecked public B.O., which is a daily hazard whilst taking the Toronto Trainwreck Commission!!!
And last week while I was in the middle of the emergence of a heavy summer head cold, a 'gentleman'
was eating one of those very fragrant noodle bowl concoctions, complete with an overkill amount of
ginger. The legion of future dead could have been brought back to dead based on that stank alone!!

July 9, 2019 @ 1:58 PM

chris

It's been 3 days since Kawhi left the Raptors. Masai, teammates acknowledged his time in TO & without him we may not have won. They thanked him & all media did as well.
Since he signed with the Clippers there has been no response from him.

Even the Warriors took out a full page ad in TO newspaper congratulating the Raptors the day after.
Great for Vladdy last night - 91 hrs. & comes in 2nd to Alfonso who hit 57 even though final round Alfonso won. Incredible.

July 9, 2019 @ 7:19 PM

Kawhi owes us nothing. We had a deal... he was to try his best for a season to bring a championship to Toronto. He did that, we're NBA Champs, and now he's gone home.

What do I need more from the man? He's already done it all!

July 9, 2019 @ 7:44 PM

Rob J

Did fans not know the rules of the Home Run Derby?

July 9, 2019 @ 7:45 PM

jj

chris - he never speaks to the media, why would this be any different? he gave us something we have dreamed of, and was a class act allll the way through. lots of love for him.

July 9, 2019 @ 8:34 PM

@Rob J

We've learned the importance of seeding in the HR Derby. Going last is key!

July 9, 2019 @ 9:09 PM

chris

Kawhi. A simple Thank You to Toronto would suffice.

July 9, 2019 @ 11:00 PM

Cheryl

Well, two more days and baseball is back. That's good. Yes, the Indians are winning the World Series even if they only get a wild card. They will win. That's why we're having a Chief Wahoo cake. My personal baker is going to bake it. Remember to have the first Saturday after the World Series marked off on your calendars. Party starts at noon and ends whenever. Bob Seger will be played as well as John Mellencamp. It would be good if My Jose could come to my party.

July 10, 2019 @ 7:50 AM

Kawhi hasn't technically signed with LA yet. Perhaps they're working on a sign and trade with the Raps and there's still another domino to fall before Kawhi thanks the organization and city. Patience...

July 10, 2019 @ 7:58 AM

jj

chris - he doesn't owe us a thank you! he never even wanted to come here; as much as he may have loved his time here, if the Spurs had listened to him last year and sent him to LA, we would not even be having this discussion. We ought to thank Masai and the Spurs for making it all happen tbh.

TM - I am not holding my breath for a thank you, we all knew it was a rental one year kinda deal.

July 10, 2019 @ 10:41 AM

I've just been advised that we can't do the sign and trade I fantasized about. Oh well...

July 10, 2019 @ 12:00 PM

jj

TM - well he only gave them 3 years not 4, so there's that?

July 10, 2019 @ 1:18 PM

Rob J

Guerrero vs Pederson Monday night was an instant-classic. (Though when i think of 'Guerrero' it's still Pedro that first springs to mind)

My NBA knowledge is slim to none, but I'll observe that despite the title, Raptor fans better hope they don't become the NBA version of the post-1997-World Series champ Florida Marlins, who went 54-108 in their title 'defense' (though they did win it all again in 2003).

July 10, 2019 @ 8:14 PM

Cheryl

Well, baseball starts tomorrow, thank God. Anyway, it's hot out there like a steam bath. I'll take it over snow, but I am going out tonight and it's going to be hell out there. I'd be okay with this if I didn't have to do a lot of walking, but I do and that sucks. Oh well, it will be nicer during my World Series party. You heard it from me. The Indians are going to win. That will be great. Chief Wahoo cake.

July 11, 2019 @ 7:20 AM

I was just going to tweet "If anyone has a question they'd like me to ask Fred Penner tomorrow, let me know!" but I see Twitter is down.

So if anyone here has a question for Fred, let me know!

July 11, 2019 @ 3:21 PM

dale

50 years ago today.
"1 small step for man but one giant leap for mankind".
With my parents watching on B/W TV that night.
Neil, Buzz & Michael a day the world (who were born) won't forget.

July 11, 2019 @ 7:12 PM