Luke Perry, Dead at 52

Luke PerryLuke Perry was 52. He's the actor best known for playing Dylan McKay on “Beverly Hills, 90210”. To me, he'll always be Sideshow Luke Perry.

Luke_Perry

Jody Thornton

Holy Crap! Unbelievable!

This event really makes me evaluate my own health and longevity. I'm a Type II diabetic, and though I was trying to manage without meds, my latest blood work shows my sugar level is way too high. That's a HUGE stroke and heart risk. So I'm getting REALLY strict on my diet now, and getting my weight down even further. I've been walking every day to work. And now I'm taking meds. Hopefully, I'll see an improvement.

I can still hear Luke saying, "Come on Bren!"

March 4, 2019 @ 1:10 PM

jj

WOW. I was hoping that no news was god news in regards to this, since they pretty much had no new updates since last Thursday. RIP, too young.

Jody Thornton - good luck to you, I know you will see an improvement soon!

March 4, 2019 @ 1:42 PM

Jody Thornton

Well if we are lucky enough to perhaps meet each other at TMLX3, you'll see for yourself.

March 4, 2019 @ 1:53 PM

jj

Jody Thornton - Oh yes, that's true ! :)

March 4, 2019 @ 2:03 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Very sad. His career was definitely on an upswing with his recurring role on Riverdale.
The original iteration of 90210 was a pretty good show, well, at least until they repeated
senior year for perhaps the third or fourth time!! (Due to delayed ratings success, mind you). R.I.P.

March 4, 2019 @ 3:52 PM

LieveFamke

First time I've commented in an In Memoriam here. I can't believe Luke Perry died of a stroke at 52?!!? So young!!

I was actually looking forward to the reboot of 90210 this summer! Yes it would suck but 90210 was such a big show in my late teens. We would get together at someone's house to watch it!

I know Luke wasn't attached to it yet but now it will be interesting how they deal with Dylan's character!

March 4, 2019 @ 4:58 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@LieveFamke
Actually, Tori Spelling had recently said something along the lines that he planned to participate
in that mockumentary reboot as much as his concurrent Riverdale duties would permit.
Sad that we'll not get the chance to see that now, and his untimely passing will probably
cast a somewhat grim overall pall on the proceedings. At least we'll still get the chance to finally
experience Andrea Zuckerman: The Post Menopausal Years (too soon?!?)

March 4, 2019 @ 5:02 PM

LieveFamke

@Bsmntdwllr73, LOL!

March 4, 2019 @ 7:06 PM

elvis

He also famously introduced Fartman at the MTV Movie Awards. He declined to reenact the scene for the movie Private Parts and later said he regretted the move. John Stamos took his place on film.

March 6, 2019 @ 7:03 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Still can't wipe the memory of Howard Stern's ass out of my memory after nearly 27 years, although
I had conveniently forgotten that Luke P. held the 'honours' of introducing Fartman on that fateful evening. Hopefully he took the advice of a certain Police track and didn't stand so close to him!!!

March 6, 2019 @ 9:39 AM