12:36 Podcast Episodes Get Their Own Home

If you've been paying attention, you've probably noticed that Marc Weisblott from 12:36 is now appearing on Toronto Mike'd monthly instead of quarterly. There was a December episode, a January episode, a February episode and we just scheduled our March episode.

I'll say this about the 12:36 episodes of my podcast, and I state this with great confidence. Those who like them, like them a lot. If you get what Marc's all about, the thought of a 2.5 hour monthly recap should make you giddy. I know it's what I crave.

In fact, I'd use a line I also use when talking about Mark Hebscher's podcast, Hebsy on Sports. I wish I wasn't in the room during the recording because it's precisely the type of local content I'd love to listen to during my daily bike ride. For my taste and sensibilities, the content is that strong.

So if you dig the 12:36 eps, I've created a special category for them. This should make it easier for you to find them and delve into the archives. You'll find every Marc Weisblott appearance on Toronto Mike'd here.

By the way, I'm trying to organize a Toronto pop culture panel featuring Tyler Stewart from Barenaked Ladies, Ed Conroy from Retrontario and Weisblott from 12:36, but getting our schedules to jive is giving me high school calculus flashbacks. It's that difficult. Thank you again to Blue Sky Agency for the fourth RØDE Procaster mic!

Oh... and this entire site is now secure. https ftw!

Marc Weisblott and me

Blair

Huzzah! This is a great step along the road to a "Marc and Mike" podcast to go along with the "Mark and Mike" podcast.

Keep 'em coming!

March 9, 2019 @ 9:30 AM

Jody Thornton

Cool! I take it they'll still be numbered and appear on the regular Toronto Mike postings as well, is that correct?

March 9, 2019 @ 10:49 AM

Rick C in Oakville

I think there is some chemistry here..., I am now watching my email after lunch for the 12:36 newsletter to appear!

March 9, 2019 @ 11:56 AM

@Jody Thornton

Nothing will change in that regard... they'll be regular numbered episodes of Toronto Mike'd in the Toronto Mike'd feed (subscribe, y'all!) but I'll also group them together in a blog category.

March 9, 2019 @ 12:02 PM

markosaar

Woot, nice job Let's Encrypt!!! ;)

March 9, 2019 @ 4:21 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Pretty sure that there is enough scintillating content out there for the eventual necessity of bi-weekly
or even weekly 12:36 episodes. Fantastic chemistry and no matter how thorough I tend to believe
my personal pop culture spelunking might be, always pleasantly surprised to learn a handful of
new things, especially in the 'people who died portfolio.' One suggestion: Perhaps that great
Jim Carroll Band track could be used as a nice clarion call for that particular segment's commencement?!?

March 10, 2019 @ 2:05 PM

Wefewee

Every time he’s on , I go to the 12:36 website to subscribe to the newsletter.
I have yet to receive one!

March 11, 2019 @ 11:28 AM

@1236

the confirmation might’ve landed in your spam or something? try again at http:/1236.ca (recently changed platforms)

March 11, 2019 @ 1:18 PM

@1236

that’s http://1236.ca (slash slash)

March 11, 2019 @ 1:18 PM

dan d

I'm a Weisblott/12:36 fan as well but the segments need to be 30 mins not 2 + hours. Time to get out the snippers.

March 12, 2019 @ 9:33 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Perish the thought!! (But to each their own, I guess, 'cause I kinda feel that way about the lengthier
sports-related episodes!!)

March 12, 2019 @ 10:00 AM

Jody Thornton

@dan d:

Noooooooo! You can always pause and come back for more. There are those of us that like details, facts, background, stories, and I wanna hear it all. I sometime save some of the episodes for later, but why would you not want to hear all that there is to hear?

That's what I love about this podcast. Plus, it's hard to find this material anywhere else. And Marc has a certain wit that's very unique. Sometimes it takes me a moment to realize he's being clever.

You're doing fine Weisblott. Take all the time you need. And thank you for the appearances.

March 12, 2019 @ 12:19 PM

@1236

we’re building a structure to these epic episodes! every round gets it a bit closer … (it’s not like there’s ever been a meeting to lay it out in advance)

March 12, 2019 @ 1:44 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@1236
Just wear a short skirt and show some cleave in your next picture or the one after that (depending
on the weather) and all should be well with the naysayers!! And no, not suggesting in anyway
that you're at all into that sort of thing, but nothing beats a bit o'skin (where applicable, of course!!)
P.S., pretty sure that there has been a structure to your appearances from quite early on (by chance,
your first TM'd appearance back in 2016 was my very first episode and they say you never forget
your first!!!).

March 12, 2019 @ 1:51 PM

I think it's more likely 12:36 episodes go 4 hours than go 30 minutes.

March 12, 2019 @ 8:13 PM