Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 433: Kick Out the Kick Out the Jams!

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 433In this 433rd episode, Mike chats with KOTJ spreadsheet owner Tyler Campbell about Kick Out the Jams episodes of Toronto Mike'd. This episode is exactly 1:47:28.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Tyler Campbell and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Palma Pasta, Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and BUKL. Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Palma Pasta   glb   Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair

propertyinthesix   BUKL   paytm

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Urooj Islam

The most meta episode in Toronto Mike'd history!

Should be an interesting listen, I hope his picks weren't too influenced by the data he keeps on your guests, haha.

February 15, 2019 @ 2:58 PM

Get your bingo cards ready...

February 15, 2019 @ 8:23 PM

dale

1 of your best podcasts. Tyler has the pipes that should be on media somewhere & his knowledge of music. I also love music & would love to have a challenge to Tyler for 70-80's music trivia.
Thanks Mike & Tyler

February 15, 2019 @ 11:41 PM

Tyler Campbell

Thanks for the kind words Dale. Glad you enjoyed it. Mike’s a great host and makes it easy. I love 70s and 803 music trivia, let’s make it happen!

February 16, 2019 @ 9:33 AM

Brian Gerstein (Raptors Devotee)

Can't wait to listen to this. Going to download it, and use it on one of my new exercise routines I am about to implement. Tyler, you are amazing to have done this, and it is appreciated by all of us.

February 16, 2019 @ 10:04 AM

Not all heroes wear capes.

p.s. Tyler, you left your YouTube water bottle at my place. Let me know when I can bike it to you.

February 16, 2019 @ 10:06 AM

Tyler Campbell

Enjoy Brian!

Mike: the YouTube water bottle isn't mine. I'm not that cool :)

February 16, 2019 @ 10:48 AM

@Tyler

What cool person did you steal it from?

February 16, 2019 @ 11:06 AM

LieveFamke

So Mike hasn't done his KOTJ episode yet.... I think Tyler would be the perfect person/voice to be the guest host!

February 17, 2019 @ 12:05 PM

Tyler Campbell

Thanks @LieveFamke! I will accept if nominated and will serve if elected.

February 18, 2019 @ 9:23 AM

LieveFamke

Well @Tyler, I officially nominate you!

February 18, 2019 @ 11:11 AM

I've been whittling down my jams for 1.5 years now.

February 18, 2019 @ 5:28 PM

LieveFamke

@Mike, you are Toronto Mike! You can have top 20!!

February 18, 2019 @ 8:11 PM

Brandon

Really enjoyed this episode. Tyler's got a natural radio voice and I enjoyed his own jam selections - hadn't known all those artists/songs and the tunes in this episode form a solid playlist!

February 18, 2019 @ 9:11 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Really enjoyed the meta, self-referencing nature of this episode and would have eagerly
listened to another couple hours of Nitty gritty KOTJ Deep Diving Real Talk. Would
be great if in the future some more hard rock/metal, jazz-fusion and progressive
rock found its way into some sacred Jam kicking of the highest order. One (ME!!)
can only take so much granola-fied/fed Canadiana and musty Dad Rock (obviously
not one myself-shootin' blanks, natch!!!), as usually Jammed out by most of the 'highly-
seasoned' sports media folks (largely) featured on here to date . Please note: Not hatin',
just another in my endless list of unsolicited observations/opinions!!

As for the Jams featured in this episode, full kudos on that epic Tragically Hip suite (killer
production from Bob Rock and a stellar string arrangement from Bob Buckley, who also
worked on "Edie (Ciao Baby)" by The Cult), that awesome Al Green deep cut, and that
sleeper Tom Petty track, complete with the incomparable intro piano performance from
the awe-inspiring Benmont Tench.

February 22, 2019 @ 4:59 PM

Tyler Campbell

@bsmntdwllr73 Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the fun fact about Bob Buckley - I did not know that! And I actually did want to make mention of Benmont, but forgot to. He's an incredible player, and a great Twitter follow too. The soul of the Heartbreakers, IMO. He seems like a really great guy too.

February 26, 2019 @ 8:05 AM