Bob Einstein, Dead at 76

Bob Bob Einstein was 76. He was best known for creating and performing the satirical stuntman character Super Dave Osborne and for his roles as Marty Funkhouser in Curb Your Enthusiasm and Larry Middleman on Arrested Development.

Beatts

NOOOOOO!

My childhood is taking a shit kicking today.

January 2, 2019 @ 3:04 PM

@Beatts

Yep... Mean Gene and Super Dave were a couple of 80s staples for me.

January 2, 2019 @ 3:24 PM

JJ

Holy Cow, 76 must be the magic number?

Super Dave was the best. It was different comedy. He was so full of dry humour. Remember when he first appeared on that show Bizarre, think John Byner rings a bell.

All these shows in the 1970's were part of our childhood. We didnt have 57 channels & nothing on at that time, so all of us were watching the same stuff. It was good TV.

That humour back then was magical when you were a kid. We all talked about the recent show at school the next day. Super Dave on Letterman was good entertainment too.

January 2, 2019 @ 3:33 PM

elvis

Love Super Dave!

January 2, 2019 @ 3:47 PM

Rob J

Hate to be Mr. Negative, but 2019 can go F itself. (Note that I retain the right to change my mind at anytime).

January 2, 2019 @ 4:30 PM

susan

Allan Blye, one of Bob Einstein's writing partners (Emmy winner, co-writer at the Sonny + Cher Show, The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour & producer of the Super Dave Osborne Show just to name a few of his credits) is alive and well and living in Toronto these days.

January 2, 2019 @ 5:49 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Only knew Bob as Super Dave, the dry delivery of his humour always had me in stitches.

January 2, 2019 @ 6:56 PM

Rick C in Oakville

@JJ Daryl Dragon from Captain and Tenille also past away at 76 today.

January 2, 2019 @ 7:07 PM

David

I went to many tapings of Bizarre at the CFTO Studios in Agincourt.
Bob was one of a kind!
What you saw on TV is what you saw in person!

January 3, 2019 @ 9:21 AM

James Edgar

I just watched a bunch of Super Dave stunts from various shows on Youtube recently. I Still laughed like it was the 70's/80's. RIP :(

January 3, 2019 @ 10:47 AM