My Week With a GMC Yukon XL Denali

For the final week of the kids' summer vacay, I borrowed a GMC Yukon XL Denali. To be honest, I'm not sure if "Denali" belongs in the full name of this full-sized luxury SUV, but that word is prominently written on the car so I'm going with it.

20180828_164823_HDR

Sure, it's big, but how big? Here's the Yukon XL handling all the wood required for the new loft bed my wife built for the two little ones.

7962817377835874630

And throwing my bike in there was ridiculously easy. Look at all the room to spare.

20180828_195943

It turns out Hamilton is the city of waterfalls and home to more than 100 waterfalls and cascades, so we took a road trip to the Hammer to check out a couple of them along the Bruce Trail. This beaut is Sherman Falls.

Hamilton

This is Tiffany Falls, which seems to attract a lot more people.

Hamilton

Note to self: explore more of the Bruce Trail.

Hamilton

It was an amazing week and now that the kids are all back in school, it's time to get some work done.

Rob J

Looks like an amazing vehicle/small country. I guess they passed on the ad agency's suggestion of naming it 'Pedestrian Crusher'!

September 5, 2018 @ 11:47 AM

Jason from Sudbury

So Mike, what are you looking at for your next vehicle?

September 5, 2018 @ 1:12 PM

@Jason from Sudbury

I've decided to drive my Protege until it disintegrates.

September 5, 2018 @ 2:20 PM

Douglas

Be careful what you wish for, Mike. The Protegé is one of those cars that either disintegrates quickly, or just goes and goes and goes... Or maybe you can pass it on to your son and daughter (and it might be the younger pair)!

September 6, 2018 @ 3:20 PM

Alison in Ottawa

Do we get to see the loft beds your wife built?

September 14, 2018 @ 12:52 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Excellent craftsmanship by your Wife!! I'm sure that your two little ones
will never have just cause for sleepless nights, at least when it comes to
comfort!!

September 14, 2018 @ 4:20 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

They love it! The four year old gets the top bunk and the two year old is down below. We're out of space, so this helps for the next few years at least!

September 14, 2018 @ 4:21 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
I wish I had something that cool to sleep in when I was a child, especially when the dreaded
night terrors reared their ugly head. Come to think of it, compared to the low-laying piece of
crap I sleep on now, a loft bed would still be aces today!

September 14, 2018 @ 4:24 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Geez Mike, Monica has some building skills! It took me 3 days to assemble a Costco Jungle Ji,m for my grandson.
I rented the perfect people hauler for you in Spain. A 9 seater Toyota Diesel ProAce van, low ceiling (fits under 1.85 meters), awesome fuel mileage (about 9-10 l/100Kms) we get short changed on car choices here.

September 25, 2018 @ 8:57 PM