Canadians to Reach #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Hits 50

Drake's Nice For What is a great jam, and it's currently enjoying its second week at number one. That means there have been 50 songs by Canadians to hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, and this entry is a week late.

Here's the complete list of 50 songs performed by a Canadian citizen to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

1. It's Love-Love-Love by Guy Lombardo
  41. The Hills by The Weeknd
  42. Sorry by Justin Bieber
  43. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber
  44. Work by Rihanna Featuring Drake
  45. One Dance by Drake Featuring WizKid & Kyla
  46. Starboy by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk
  47. I'm the One by DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, and Lil Wayne
  48. Despacito by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee featuring Justin Bieber
  49. God's Plan by Drake
  50. Nice For What by Drake

Irv

Both songs are great, but I love the sound of Nice for What booming in the trunk o funk.

April 29, 2018 @ 11:38 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Still holding out hopes (with obviously bated breath!) for future # ones from the Guess Who, Bryan
Adams, Shania Twain, Anne Murray and other Canuck dinosaurs from eras past. More than a little
bit tired of Drake. Have said it before and will say it again: He had more credibility as Jimmy Brooks
on Degrassi:TNG!! Sure, he's a great ambassador for the so-called Six, but that doesn't mean I want
to hear his music. If someone put a gun to my head and said to' choose between him and Kanye or
they'd shoot', I'd have to go with the fella whose wife has a great posterior!! At least Mr. West is somewhat musically innovative (previous chipmunked sped-up voice shtick notwithstanding!!!).

April 30, 2018 @ 9:22 AM

Rock songs don't reach #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 anymore!

Unless we count Ed Sheeran as rock... he hits #1 fairly often.

April 30, 2018 @ 9:45 AM

If we ignore pop sounds from faux rock acts like Maroon Five and our very own Magic, the last "rock" band to hit #1 was Coldplay when "Viva la Vida" hit #1 ten years ago.

And if you challenge my assertion Coldplay is still a rock band, in early 2002 Nickelback hit #1 with "How You Remind Me". Creed was there in late 2000 with "With Arms Wide Open".

April 30, 2018 @ 9:53 AM

@Mike
Exactly my point!! I've less than suddenly turned into one of those old folks from the classic Scooby
Doo cartoons who were always unmasked as the villain at the end, and would then launch a brief
tirade against the Scooby gang and kids in general for always getting in the way!! And in no known
or as yet undiscovered universe is Ed Sheeran even remotely rock or roll!!! KT Tunstall was doing
that same guitar looping shtick years before him, and she's probably collecting food stamps or
being posted on a milk carton as I type this!! At least she was cute!! Ed Sheeran looks like the unwanted bastard stepchild of Shaggy from Scooby Doo and Bob Denver in his Maynard G.
Krebs days on Dobie Gillis (look it up if you're not familiar with that level of handsomeness!!)

Man, I hate myself for typing this, but boy do I miss Limp Bizkit!! At least their feeble attempt
at that nu rock rap thing had some bite to it, and their musicianship was tight.

April 30, 2018 @ 9:53 AM

@Mike
Coldplay were indeed once a rock band in much the same way that Elton John could long ago
be considered a rock artist. Although they drastically altered their sound to stay relevant I didn't
find that offensive at all. Their last album had some good tracks on it. As for Maroon Five, they
aren't even a band anymore. Adam Levine is probably still the only band member 'performing'
on their albums at this point!! As for Creed and Nickelback, I'd take the former act over the
latter any day of the week until the end of time and infinity beyond!!! Still strongly believe that
Nickelback would have never escaped the modern rock/alternative ghetto if not for conveniently
releasing that particular album on September 11, 2001. Slayer released their "God Hates Us All"
album on that same date and they will soon retire without Nickelback-sized bank accounts. No justice!!

April 30, 2018 @ 10:00 AM

James Edgar

Is the hot 100 even relevant any more?

I certainly can't speak to the Kanye VS Drake debate. Neither appeal in the slightest. Kanye being a douche bag just adds a bit of meh to my already meh . I did read the other Post Mike and you make a great case for separating the artist from the person. I'm sure there are quite a few artists who's music I love that I'd be appalled to here their opinions on any number of topics.

As for a new rock artist to hit #1 on the "Is the hot 100 even relevant any more? " I'm holding out hope for the first single from the new tool Album.

April 30, 2018 @ 10:09 AM

jj

Once it is warm enough, my windows will be down and I will be bumping Nice for What while driving my Civic- but it sure does apply to me!

I do enjoy Drake for the most part, I thought I was over him but I am not.

bsmntdwllr73 - haha, none of those Canadian greats will be getting a number one again, highly doubt it. Drake's time too will come to an end. Also, Shania's recent comments about how she would have voted for Trump, really put me off her.

April 30, 2018 @ 10:27 AM

@James Edgar

It's Top 40... by design... so there will always be a lot of crap here and it'll be a lousy place to discover new music.

I follow it for fun, as I always have. Purely for therapeutic purposes!

Billboard does have many different charts, including this har rock album chart, but even that seems awfully watered down and highly irrelevant! https://www.billboard.com/charts/hard-rock-albums

April 30, 2018 @ 10:28 AM

@Mike
Most of those albums on that particular hard rock chart are at least a decade old or older, and many
of them are compilations. If the best that today's youth can do is that Greta Van Fleet Zeppelin 'tribute', then rock fans are good and screwed and not in a pleasurable manner!!

@j.j.
sigh. I'll always have my 8-tracks of molten former #1 Canadian oldies to keep me warm at night!!!

April 30, 2018 @ 10:33 AM

@Basement

Ed Sheeran resonates with people (and definitely women) because his music is harmonic and it's just positive. In a world where Cardi B raps about fucking a dude for the money, Ed stands out. And while I'm sure his "look" is carefully calculated his shaggy look seems to be attractive to females now. At least if my almost daily trips at University of Waterloo are any indication.

Rock music is dead. Why would there be a rock song in the Top 40? Apple calls their music station "Beats 1" for a reason, not Rock 1. Headphones are "Beats". Even Maroon 5 is beat orientated music. The little rock that's left falls in the "indie" category which is often more pop leaning than it is "rock". Rock just never redefined it's sound.

@James Edgar. I agree about the Hot 100 being irrelevant. The relevant charts are on Spotify and Apple Music. I follow a few radio stations on FB and I get a laugh out of them pimping someone's "new record". No one cares about a record anymore. Those old metrics are important to people in radio or their followers.

I don't think Drake is a "great rapper" overall. I do think he's very good at making catchy pop music that appeals to the masses. He seems to have dropped the ego shit in his music too which is refreshing.

I think the best new Canadian song is "Ain't Easy" from Elijah Woods & Jamie Fine. They're apparently some music contest winners. It's good catchy pop. And there is nothing wrong with that. I turned 49 the other day and to quote Chris Rock "I"m 49 and I still like rap music AND pop music". Everything doesn't have to be deep, complex or crazy. Fuck, I heard Sugar Jones, Days Like That on 91.5 last week. It sounded good

April 30, 2018 @ 10:47 AM

@Irv
I hate watched five out of 6 episodes of that horrible The Launch series. And, yes, that "Ain't Easy"
song was undeniably the only memorable song out of the bunch. Unsure if these episodes aired
in the U.S. or anywhere else yet, but I'm sure there will probably be an American version sooner
rather than later. P.S., while new rock music might be dead as a commercial force, that doesn't
mean that there aren't still folks/fans who enjoy listening to new music by their old favourites.
Regardless of whether the traditional rock sounds changed with the times, the lack of viable radio
play of said new music doesn't help matters either. Not a fan or even able to afford attending
many over-priced rock concerts, but a quick perusal of Setlist FM indicates how few new songs
are performed by those acts who even bother to issue new albums. Not a surprise when you factor
in the cost of a ticket, but disappointing for those of us who still care. P.P.S., that Sugar Jones
track definitely still holds up nearly twenty years later. A couple of those ladies were really cute!!
The follow up Pop Stars act Velvet Empire crashed and burned on arrival!!!

April 30, 2018 @ 12:13 PM

@Basement

I've never seen the Launch. I just heard the song on Z103 and 91.5 The Beat and was like "hey, this is OK". I'm not a fan of those music shows at all and I can't say I even watched American Idol once. I much preferred watching dance shows (like so you think you can dance and stuff).

There is nothing wrong with a trip down memory lane. The problem starts when you move in to memory lane. I like classic rock ,but I like it in bits. I like classic pop music too which is why I like stuff like Danny D does on Z103.5. But I don't want to same thing over and over. Just like I don't want to eat Jerk Chicken every day though I love it.

As for bands like Sugar Jones, well the music appeals to the women and the chicks appeal to the dudes. Fifth Harmony was much the same. It's a tried and true format. I posted the video below. Notice they seem to include the whole "spectrum" of women from red hair to black (hello Mirella!). All they're missing is an Asian chick.

April 30, 2018 @ 12:34 PM

Mirella was my personal fave from the Sugar Jones gals!! And I believe
that Maiko Watson was married to the long MIA Remy Shand for a brief period
back then. Now there's a real blast from the past, and he's posted a lot of new
music online over the last few years.

April 30, 2018 @ 12:38 PM

@Basement

Maybe you could convince TM to have Sugar Jones on the podcast. I just googled the band members and it looks like most went on to good musical careers. The red haired woman is some Montreal based composer.

Didn't Sugar Jones come from Popstars or something. I can't remember.

April 30, 2018 @ 1:02 PM

@Irv
The redhead has released multiple albums in several different genres and languages!!
And you are correct, Sugar Jones originated from the first Canadian edition of Pop Stars.
As far as influencing Toronto Mike into booking any of the members for the podcast, I gravely
fear that we might be the last two folks who are willing to admit that we remember those folks
(and I'm hiding behind my life appropriate pseudonym). Currently typing this from the basement
of the Toronto Reference library!! Hard to find computers that allow me to comment without
great difficulty!

April 30, 2018 @ 1:10 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Most interesting fact about this list for me is that Nelly Furtado was involved in 3 Canadian number
one tracks in a row. While these tracks pale in comparison to her first two albums (especially the
second one), it certainly reminds me of the fickle fate of pop music stardom, especially and quite
sadly, for many female singers. The current examples would definitely include Carly Rae Jepsen,
who has released some great songs since her top pop moment in the sun, but you wouldn't know
it from her steep chart decline over the past five or so years.

April 30, 2018 @ 1:21 PM

Irv

I'm currently typing this from my computer in my office in KW ;0). I think your like (and mine) of Sugar Jones belongs in the whole "Guilty Pleasures" thread. Because let's be honest....liking that song is WAY more guilty pleasure than Creed.

PS I found Mirella for you. Her last name is De'll'aquila and she can be found here. https://wicmtl.ca/foundation/fnl2016/ She's the woman standing alone at the mic. Intel says she's 36 man and lives in Montreal. She's currently a secretary at a school board https://ca.linkedin.com/in/mirella-dell-aquila-443736aa

PS. For those of you thinking of writing her in Linkedin (and strangely people do that thinking it's a dating site). Linkedin isn't a dating site. Please don't. I get more than enough work of "this guy is stalking me can you help".

PPS. TM should bring up that in the podcast with Elvis. Males using Linkedin as a way to hit on women.

April 30, 2018 @ 1:28 PM

@Irv
Very intrepid detective work on your end!! Had a pretty strong suspicion that one album as a
member of a CDN. pre-fabricated pop band wouldn't set up any of its participants for a month, let alone a lifetime!! Can't believe that I'm nearly ten years old than Mirella. She was just a youngling back then!! As for dudes creeping women on LinkedIn, that's just gross, not that I don't take your word/ real-life experience that this is presumably happening right now as I'm two-finger-typing! And you're also right about the guilty pleasures part as well!!

April 30, 2018 @ 1:37 PM

When 93-5 The Move was focused on the throwbacks, they often played that Sugar Jones song.

April 30, 2018 @ 1:40 PM

@Mike
Since you will openly admit to having heard this song repeatedly on a previous incarnation of that
station, now you definitely have to try and stage some kind of Sugar Jones reunion on the podcast.
Their music was certainly quite different from the majority of the 'old grandpa rock' that some folks
despise when it is so heavily featured on the KOTJ episodes!! I will consider any attempt to make this
happen a belated birthday present. Please and thank you!!!

April 30, 2018 @ 1:48 PM

elvis

Bob Lefsetz would argue the only chart that matters today is the Spotify ranking of top streamed songs.

April 30, 2018 @ 4:03 PM

@Elvis
Very good point, but then he'll go and write ten articles about hobnobbing with his dinosaur
rock buddies and their megalomaniacal managers, so it is a little bit hard to take him seriously.
He definitely knows his stuff, but he sometimes seems to be trapped between the old and the new.
Myself, I will proudly go down with the analog ship of old, hell bent for leather all the way!!

April 30, 2018 @ 4:11 PM

andrew

@bsmntdwllr73
Enough already

April 30, 2018 @ 6:06 PM

Urooj Islam

The two Canadian artists/groups that Ed The Sock's Fromage got the most mileage out of were Sugar Jones and Remy Shand.

April 30, 2018 @ 7:00 PM

Irv

A while swath of readers are like what’s Ed the Sock

April 30, 2018 @ 7:11 PM

Irv

Letsetz might be a dinosaur in some ways, but other times he's right on the $$$. For an old guy from the old system he "gets it". He is right about Spotify though. That's a pillar for new music fans to find music. Too bad FM radio can't pay attention.

April 30, 2018 @ 8:44 PM

H.o.E.

"The Canadian government has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occasions".

April 30, 2018 @ 11:30 PM

jj

I loved that Sugar Jones song - and also loved the Remy Shand singles.

One of the Sugar Jones members was married to Remy - but I am pretty sure they are divorced now.
I love Canadian music, there is a little something for everyone to love when the artist is Canadian!

May 1, 2018 @ 9:13 AM

@andrew
GFY!! Figure it out, I'm sure that you are smart enough!!! Nothing stops you from posting as much
as I do, and if you don't like what I write or the high volume of my comments, simply ignore them!!
Not your place to tell me to stop, as the proprietor has helpfully pointed out to other folks who
have taken issue with me before. Grab a sense of humour, and kindly do realize that not all of us are as fortunate to have such rich and fulfilling lives as yourself, and are grateful to have this outlet of
open and free expression. Yes, you can tell me to stop, but I am also allowed to call you on it. Hope you have a nice day!!

May 1, 2018 @ 9:32 AM

susan

#37-Robin Thicke?? It really bothers me when someone is considered Canadian when they've NEVER, EVER lived in this country. Just because Daddy was Canadian and processed some paperwork so his kid could get "citizenship on paper" doens't make him Cdn in my books.

May 1, 2018 @ 10:25 AM

James Edgar

I guess i was not entirely thinking about the fact that the hot 100 is "Pop" chart . And of course what is "pop" has changed dramatically over the decades.

@Mike the "Hard "rock " chart is pretty nuts. Back in Black is at 11. back in Black? Great album no doubt but it's almost 40 years old! It says a lot about how sad rock is if that is the 11th best selling album in 2018.

Pennywise at 9 is good though. I think.

May 1, 2018 @ 11:55 AM

James,

I think they define pop as anything that had crossover appeal. For example, Hysteria and Love Bites from Def Leppard were "pop" though they are technically rock. As for good rock, the last stuff released was like Buckcherry and Airbourne and that's what, 10 years now.

The definition of pop is where I disagree with Lefsetz. He claims it's marginalized and narrow. I disagree. The bulk of the population knows the major pop stars & their music gets billions of streams and Youtube views.

I think the whole "genre" thing is done anyway. That's a Baby Boomer and Gen X thing. Millennials seem to like what they like. That's one thing I find embarrassing about rock radio. "you don't have to hear this *insert pop song* to hear this *insert rock song*. It is entirely possible to like Justin Beiber AND Aerosmith. Just more rock snobbery.

May 1, 2018 @ 12:28 PM

@Irv
Def Leppard stopped being good rock after "Pyromania", or perhaps even after "High and Dry" (best
album!!) Airbourne should have been at least as big as late 1970s AC/DC: Great sound! And
Buckcherry lost the plot after their first two albums. And while it is great that you can appreciate
both Bieber and Aerosmith (your given example), highly illogical to think that the average middle-
aged rock fan would agree!! I have very wide musical tastes and have always loved a lot of pop
music from the past, but I just can't wrap my ears around the current crop of pop stars or the
sounds they create. Doesn't make me or anyone else who feels the same a musical snob. People
have the right to like what they like and and the inverse is true as well!!

May 1, 2018 @ 12:42 PM

Irv

It's not liking what you like it's when it becomes "this music is better than....". And my point was if rock radio wants younger listeners maybe it should try NOT dissing newer music. If some 30 year old digs Aerosmith and Bebe Rexha they really don't want to be told their other favorite song sucks. It just makes it sound "old white guy". Hey, I thought old white guys wanted to die before they get old. #MyGeneration

But you are correct. The biggest snowflakes out there are middle aged white guys. They whine about everything. The only thing worse is old white women who complain about everything and then complain about their old white husbands.

Me, I'd sooner be stuck on a desert island with Z103 than Q107

May 1, 2018 @ 12:48 PM

@Irv
But why wouldn't a rock music fan think that? Again, no law that says that music listeners have
to have wide open ears and appreciate or not denigrate music that they don't agree with!! Besides,
it's not like these young people give a damn about what I or even less temperate rock fans have
to say 'bout their musical tastes!! It's the Internet!: people of all ages and stripes bitch, whine, moan,
praise, compare, complain, reminisce, and all sorts of other things. As I've posted previously, in the
past there was a room for everything in the Top 40. Now things are far too homogenous and greatly
lacking in lyrical/musical variety (again, solely one person's unsolicited opinion!).

May 1, 2018 @ 1:01 PM

@Irv
Laugh and/or mock about the sad closure of the Gibson guitar company, but pretty damn sure
that whether or not you agree ( and I already know that you don't as you've posted so in the past!),
but I can pretty much guarantee that the music written on Gibson guitars over their long illustrious
history will have a far longer musical legacy!! The stuff that you seem to champion (perhaps in a
contrarian mode sometimes?) will be lucky to be remembered a month from now, let alone ten
years down the line!! Everything is about instant gratification and perhaps that might have its
place in these uncertain times, but in the long run I hope your newer faves invest wisely and
don't spend it all on molly, bottle service and jewellery!!!

May 1, 2018 @ 1:09 PM

@Basement Dweller

The Top 40 charts are just as diverse as they've always been. The major difference is that most of the music is "beat orientated" versus "rock orientated". That shift started around 1987. Zedd is nothing like Drake which is nothing like Ed Sheeran which is nothing like Bebe Rexha which is nothing like the "latin flare" that seems to be the current thing. The only time CHR wasn't diverse was in the heyday of hiphop 99-2003. There is just no rock music in the charts cuz..well..there is no mainstream rock that's got enough appeal TO be popular.

My point is that if you want "rock" music to flourish it needs to be inclusive. Instead, the audience and the ecosystem trashes other forms of music because it's "inferior". Free FM 98.1 in London is notorious for doing the comparison thing.

May 1, 2018 @ 1:14 PM

@Irv
Again, how would any of this music appeal to the average older rock fan? Not much crossover
opportunity, and even borderline (one-time) rock bands such as Maroon 5 and Fallout Boy have
gone down the path of least resistance to varying degrees of success. Although it is probably
safe to assume that many (male) rock fans were lost in the process!!

May 1, 2018 @ 1:21 PM

H.o.E.

"if rock radio wants younger listeners" ?
Are you being sarcastic, or joking?
You say that as though there's any chance at all of that happening. As I think I already said here sometime in the last few weeks, that's like saying the phone companies need to attract new and younger land line users. Music radio stations know there's no hope of attracting new listeners -- they're just hoping to hang on to as many of the remaining listeners for as long as they can, I would suppose until they die off, since I guess most of them now must be people too techno-phobic to figure out anything more complicated to use than an AM/FM radio.

I would find it weird if some person under 30 listened to the same 1970s rock as me. I sure didn't listen to the big band swing music my father liked.

May 1, 2018 @ 2:07 PM

@H.o.E

I don't think an entire generation is going to start listening to 97,7 HTZ FM en masse, but a lot of music is timeless so there could be appeal to some younger people. You aren't going to win appeal by telling those people their other music sucks or droning on ala Jeff Woods about how Jimi Hendrix got a blow job in a van in 1968 while he wrote Hey Joe.

FM radio could, in theory, still be a viable format, but it's not going to be given it's run by old guys without vision nor by the supposed saviours over at SOWNY who still think CHUM AM would find an audience if only AM stereo was introduced (or digital radio).

May 1, 2018 @ 2:21 PM

@Irv
Classic rock radio could be partially salvaged at least from an artistic standpoint if the powers
that be would only realize that their core artists have a lot more than the same five songs
they play by them repeatedly!! No one will ever get rich off this format ever again and they
probably won't be breaking any new artists in this genre either, but there is a hell of a lot
of good music from the past that could and should be featured. P.S., nothing wrong with
Jeff Woods' stories 'bout Jimi H. being serviced in a van, but he wasn't the original writer of
"Hey Joe" (Billy Roberts, according to many sources).

May 1, 2018 @ 2:27 PM

andrew

@bsmntdwllr73
Actually upu had a great comment just above & totally agree with you with classic rock radio.
My initial comment was about you constantly commenting about 100 top songs from Cdn. artists.
No Pas

May 1, 2018 @ 4:42 PM

@Basement Dweller

Well those "fact" shows that Jeff Woods & Alan Cross do really have sort of worn themselves out. How many more facts can you spout about some long dead rock star? They're actually better suited to podcasts & maybe even Spotify or Beats 1 than FM radio. Have you seen the social media clicks on them? They're very low.

I agree Classic Rock should have a deeper library. 107.5 Dave Rocks in Kitchener certainly goes deeper that most rock stations I've heard. Q107's new incarnation is just awful but it's just a cookie cutter format that was start at Rock 101 in Van & later Q107 Calgary. I have on good word that Z103 actually beats Q107 in the male demo.

Tight formats worked at one point but with the advent of on demand streaming (via Bluetooth in your car) it's now pointless. Why would I listen to the same 5 AC DC songs on Q107 when I can play..the exactly what I want in the car. Rock radio should be going deep & chasing TSL like what Country radio does. They won't.

You'll know Classic Rock is dead the day 97 Rock in Buffalo pulls the plug.

May 1, 2018 @ 8:34 PM

@Irv
Haven't listened to 97 Rock since Jeff Johns checked out, so probably more than 2 decades now!!

May 2, 2018 @ 9:14 AM

@Basement Dweller

I'm a fan of "Slick Tom". If you go back a few years and read about when they canned him there was real outrage. I guess the station got thousands of angry letters and he's a evening guy. Talk about knowing your audience.

May 2, 2018 @ 9:45 AM

@Irv
Not at all familiar with this gentleman, but he sounds like a throwback used car salesman or an
unabashed gigolo with that name!!

May 2, 2018 @ 9:54 AM

@Basement Dweller

Slick Tom Tiberia (sp). He's been in Buffalo radio since I used to listen to 107,7 The Bear when I'd go drink in Niagara Falls when I was underage.

You haven't known me long but the term "slick" is one of my favourite terms I used to annoy people. I picked it up when I was a Linux administration for an ISP in the late 90's. My boss, this black dude, used to call me "slick".

May 2, 2018 @ 10:02 AM

@Irv
Slick Rick, Earl Slick, Grace Slick: Somewhat popular name in music!! Sadly, I will never be called
or considered slick by anyone. Too honest and straight-laced for such shenanigans!! But i'm not
a country bumpkin or a rube by any stretch of the imagination, either!!!

May 2, 2018 @ 10:07 AM

Urooj Islam

@jj

That's hilarious, had no idea one of the Sugar Jones members was married to Remy. There was a lot of hype around Remy at the time because he was signed to Motown records in the last period where that actually meant something.

I miss the VideoFACT days of Canadian music, feels like our music industry finally got swallowed by the American music industry after it went away. As lame as it sounds, it was cool to see videos by Canadian artists.

May 2, 2018 @ 12:52 PM

jj

Urooj Islam - haha right? making a small music industry even smaller. I didn't know he was signed to Motown - at least he got some hit singles...

I don't think our industry is quite all the way swallowed up - but it can be tough to argue that point. There are new artists emerging, but it is hard to make it big in Canada in a substantial way, in this modern era. This is why a lot of our talent moves to the US.

May 2, 2018 @ 1:21 PM

Irv

I think the Canadian film & music business is actually more solid than ever. The boomers and my generation (to a smaller extent) saw all things Canadian as inferior. Today, people seem proud our musicians and film can stand on the world stage.

As for the a move to the USA I don't see that as bad. If you're chasing you're dreams why wouldn't you move to the USA? If I was younger I'd consider applying to the FBI or NSA simply because it would be reaching the "top" of the food chain in my career. Difference is I can make a good living in a "Canada only" thing. Musicians (mostly) cannot.

May 2, 2018 @ 1:54 PM

Max power

For all you fogeys out there, you might want to take a peek at the alternative or college charts for new “rock” and/or alternative. It’s completely different from any top 40 chart..

May 10, 2018 @ 11:24 PM