Trillium Park and the William G. Davis Trail at Ontario Place

Last week, I rode east on the Waterfront Trail to check out the newly opened Trillium Park and the William G. Davis Trail at Ontario Place.

20170621_143151

This was once a private parking lot. I hope that has Joni Mitchell smiling. They tore down a parking lot and built paradise: 7.5 acres of public green space on the waterfront.

20170621_143648

If you're wondering where exactly you'll find Trillium Park, it's just west of Inukshuk Park at Ontario Place Blvd. It's great for walking, biking or just chilling out by the water.

20170621_143620

20170621_143505

20170621_143459

20170621_143731

Rob J

Really does look like a fantastic spot!

June 26, 2017 @ 6:38 PM

Faunie

Looks lovely. Peaceful spot. Anything by the water is very appealing to me.

June 27, 2017 @ 9:22 AM

It really is a neat little spot... and the more such public spots on the waterfront, the better!

June 27, 2017 @ 9:31 AM

Broni

It's awesome, and they really did a great job of it. If it's the kind of thing they have planned for other parts of Ontario Place it's going to be spectacular.

June 27, 2017 @ 10:55 AM

d mac

Is this one of those trails with bikes whizzing by inches away from the walker? Is so, Is there any calming sections to get bikes to slow down? Or is this like Vancouver's Stanley Park where there is a separate and marvelous bike path that has nothing to do with the walking path??

July 6, 2017 @ 9:58 PM

James Edgar

Mike we had a family bike ride on Monday down on the lakeshore and I lead everyone to this park. everyone was quite impressed . I probably wouldn't have without this post so thanks for that!

July 7, 2017 @ 1:57 PM

@James Edgar

I'm just glad you enjoyed it.

I have this cycling range which is basically the south end of Toronto and Mississauga and north to about Eglinton in the west end. Since this park was in my range, I was going to check it out asap.

It's a really nice addition to the waterfront... and it used to be a parking lot!

July 7, 2017 @ 2:08 PM

@d mac

Sorry I missed your comment.

This is one of those bike trails where the cyclists are going very slowly. Like, 10 km/h. Cyclists looking for speed will avoid it at all costs.

July 7, 2017 @ 6:31 PM