Gregg Allman, Dead at 69

Gregg AllmanGregg Allman was 69. He was a founding member of the Allman Brothers Band who had such hits as "Melissa," "Blue Sky" and "Ramblin' Man."

Rob J

RIP also to HOFer Jim Bunning...had 7 kids when he pitched a perfect game with the Phillies on Fathers' Day, 1964.

May 27, 2017 @ 7:26 PM

dale

One of the best of all the rest already in Heaven.
Great voice & U R the Midnight Rider. RIP.

May 27, 2017 @ 7:52 PM

H

U know this guy had something when even Cher married him.

May 28, 2017 @ 3:28 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Southern Rock set it's self apart from main stream rock, and the Allman's had a great influence on this.
Q107 introduced me to their music 40 years ago, I would probably never have heard of them, (other than his short lived marriage to Cher), glad I listened.!
Other than Zack Brown can't think of any Southern Artists breaking new ground.

May 28, 2017 @ 5:11 PM

Brian

Probably the most influential bands for musicians(especially guitarists). Live at Fillmore east. I remember where I was when I first heard it. He will be missed

May 28, 2017 @ 5:44 PM

H.o.E.

Several years ago I made a list of 'favourites' on the Ticketmaster website. It sends you an e-mail notification if one of them has an upcoming show in your region. Before today, I don't think I had looked at the actual list since adding a few more names to it in the first few weeks after I first made it. It has 166 acts, and 20 of them are either individuals who are now dead or bands that no longer exist because all or most of their members are dead (and that's not counting any bands that still exist despite members dying, or bands that don't exist because they simply split up). Two of them died in the last week. I'm not sure exactly how long ago I made the list, but George Carlin was on it, and he died almost nine years ago, and so was Richard Jeni who's been dead for ten years.

May 28, 2017 @ 6:42 PM