Daily Photo: Low Tide at Hopewell Rocks, Bay of Fundy

New Brunswick

Cambo

We were there a couple of years ago. It was beautiful and majestic. It's a shame the flower pot rock crumbled.

August 16, 2016 @ 11:23 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Hope you're enjoying your trip Mike. I'm originally from New Brunswick and still have family out there so I try and get out there when I can.

On another note, what are you driving for this trip? Also, I hope you got either Sirius, an IPod or something, cause once you pass Montreal there's only top 40 French radio stations or CBC. Nothing good till you hit NB.

August 17, 2016 @ 12:15 AM

@Jason from Sudbury

We're in a 2016 Chevrolet Traverse and yes it has SiriusXM.

Later today we'll cross Confederation Bridge and spend some time in PEI.

August 17, 2016 @ 8:35 AM

Jason from Sudbury

Last time I went to PEI I was a kid and we went on a ferry. The bridge wasn't built yet. I always wanted to go check out the bridge though.

August 17, 2016 @ 11:21 AM

James Edgar

We did a family trip to PEI a couple of years back.
Loved it , you HAVE to go to one of the community Lobster suppers ,great food at decent prices and a fun down home kind of atmosphere.

We did the bridge both ways , not as fun as you'd think the walls are so high you can't see all that much:(

Fun fact it's free to go to PEI but they charge to get off the island!

I would like to go there on a Motorcycle the bridge would be a little more interesting then i think.

August 17, 2016 @ 12:03 PM

Teena in Toronto

I was there in 2013 ... very cool!

August 17, 2016 @ 3:18 PM

Douglas

Mike, you're reminding me, as well, of my 2012 trip to our maritime provinces. Elephant Rock may be gone now, but that's what eventually happens when water continually pummels rock. When I was traveling along the well-named Great Ocean Road along the coast of Victoria, Australia, I visited the coastal rock formations known as The Twelve Apostles. Well, there used to be twelve. There are only eight left, as the waters of the Southern Ocean do their work. I'll have to get back to the Hopewell Rocks some day. The (#) Apostles, too.

August 18, 2016 @ 11:15 AM