Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 186

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 186In this 186th episode, Mike chats with Elvis about episodes he's missed, seeing Guns N Roses, Helix and The Tragically Hip, TFC vs. Argos, The Simpsons, and more. This episode is exactly 1:49:59.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

20160731_160338

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

elvis

Oh boy.

July 31, 2016 @ 5:44 PM

RJ

TM, just a quick note that someone (vinefraud99) parodying me seems to be tweeting at you. It ain't me!

July 31, 2016 @ 8:18 PM

@RJ

So you're not using the #imjustalonelytroll hashtag? :)

July 31, 2016 @ 8:23 PM

RJ

Haha, maybe at some point, but not yet. (I plan on listening to the E episode Monday)

July 31, 2016 @ 8:50 PM

Andrew

Hey Mike,

Just some advice on mixing... A couple of times with this podcast Elvis was on the verge of distorting or over modulating. I could hear he was just on the cusp. When listening in your headphones, you need to be mindful of that - each guest is different and their output levels will be different.

I think we should look into getting you an affordable compressor - help even it all out on the front end.

Other than that, yes, the levels were much 'louder' than previous episodes :)

Cheers,
Andrew

July 31, 2016 @ 9:26 PM

Anthony

Elvis needs to be on more often, you guys have great chemistry.

Happy you don't feed the troll anymore, you gave him enough attention, since then he's gone of the deep end.

August 1, 2016 @ 12:02 AM

RJ

Why would The Tragically Hip play 'Ahead by a Century' on New Years Eve 1999? The next century didn't start until 2001.

August 1, 2016 @ 2:49 PM

RJ

Haha, i was definitely thinking about that clip...poor Newman.

August 1, 2016 @ 3:23 PM

RJ

I feel like I hit the trifecta getting a shout-out during Lowest of the Low, being acknowledged as a MY disciple, AND being recognized as a huge YBS fan!

August 1, 2016 @ 7:11 PM

Jackson

Just a note, but the Toronto Mike version of RJ seems like a cool, self deprecating fun guy. I like this RJ. Twitter RJ is a prick. Not sure where the detachment occurs, but just an interesting note. I'd totally get along with this RJ. Twitter RJ not so much. Just interesting.

August 1, 2016 @ 9:06 PM

RJ

@Jackson

Twitter Rob J is taking an extended break.

August 1, 2016 @ 9:20 PM

I have never met Rob J, but we've conversed via Twitter many, many times. He listens to every episode of Toronto Mike'd and usually has something insightful to say about it. In fact, every non-MY tweet he sends is pretty clever or funny or both.

But, and I've told him this, he's decided to follow MY's lead on Twitter and it's pretty awful. I don't know him well, but I know he's better than that.

So yes, there seems to be two RJ's on Twitter... one I like, one I don't.

August 1, 2016 @ 9:39 PM

Jackson

@TorontoMike
You put it better than I ever could.

@RJ
Probably for the best. To follow up with what Mike said, you seem like a cool, fun guy, clever and funny. The York Schtick is, again to quote Mike, pretty awful. I don't get the appeal, but ces la vie.

Hopefully we get more of this RJ, he's a cool guy.

August 1, 2016 @ 9:47 PM

Steven

Glad im not the only one who noticed the Durant pronunciation! Just to pile on, its Kate BUR-NESS, not Kate BEAR-NESS ;)

August 2, 2016 @ 3:50 PM

@Steven

Maybe I'm just working on my east coast accent, eh?

August 2, 2016 @ 3:55 PM

RJ

I was taken aback by E's flat-out refusal to even sample the 'Talking Simpsons' podcast.

August 2, 2016 @ 11:06 PM

Al The Royal Pain

Great episode!

My first CD purchase was Fully Completely by The Hip.

August 3, 2016 @ 5:32 PM