The New Leafs Logo

When I first learned the Maple Leafs were going to change the logo for next season, I had one simple request: stick to history.

Last night, the new logo was unveiled.

newlogo.jpg-large

I liked it right away. It reminds me a great deal of the old 50s logo on the front of my old heritage jersey. I love that logo!

The Hip @ Fort York

So I'm happy, because they didn't fuck it up. Are you happy with the new Leafs logo? Do you care?

Brian Gerstein

I'm a Habs fan, a moderate one, always was way more passionate about baseball and the Expos growing up even in the middle of the Habs winning their 4 consecutive Stanley Cups, but do appreciate logos when they are done right, and this one scores 10/10 for me.

Not only did they not screw it up, but they designed one that is perfectly suited for their 100th anniversary year to celebrate.

Well Done!

February 3, 2016 @ 8:30 AM

I'm just happy to see "TORONTO" curved again. I never liked that straight "TORONTO"!

February 3, 2016 @ 8:47 AM

Alex

I'm definitely on board. Despite being a passionate fan, as an adult I have consciously avoided Leaf merchandise specifically because I hated the logo. It was too cold and boring. This one has a lot more character. Also, it's not like the current one carries with it a tradition of excellence.

February 3, 2016 @ 8:50 AM

Lorne

Hehehehhe... the logo has a butt. =)

February 3, 2016 @ 9:54 AM

Boomer

Habs fan here. As a hockey fan and for the Leaf fans, I'm glad they just went back to one of the old logos. There is nothing "new" about it and that's exactly the way it should be. Very fitting for the 100th anniversary.

February 3, 2016 @ 11:14 AM

James Edgar

I love it! that's as good as we could expect and I'm pretty impressed they went this way.

It won't affect my leafs paraphernalia purchasing decisions in the slightest i.e. I'm buying a thing unless they have a 14th stanley cup on the books , but if that unlikely scenario does come to pass this Logo will make me happier than the current one for sure.

February 3, 2016 @ 11:55 AM

GUNTer

love it! I have the same jersey you are wearing in the pic.
I don't think of this as a 'new' logo, I think of it as going back to the roots.

February 3, 2016 @ 12:40 PM

Gump

Love the new logo.
Hate the shorts sandals and hockey jersey look. Ugh.

February 3, 2016 @ 1:54 PM

@Gump

A Hip concert at Fort York about a decade and 40 lbs ago. :)

February 3, 2016 @ 1:59 PM

Blind Dave

I'll give credit where credit is due. The retro works.

February 3, 2016 @ 8:15 PM

markosaar

@Lorne ... and now I can't unsee it. Thanks!

February 3, 2016 @ 9:59 PM

Douglas

@Lorne @markosaar
I saw a comment "one better" - that the curves at the bottom were someone's bum alright...underneath the bed sheets...what's going on...?

February 3, 2016 @ 11:02 PM