Birtday [sic] Parties!

Remember when I wrote about the copmputer [sic] repair shop near my home? Well, there's a new place opening a few doors down, and this one is even worse.

2016-02-03_06-55-53

That's right, the brand new signage encourages you to book your birtday [sic] party or event with them. I don't know how this one went unnoticed. It was only put up yesterday, but as of this evening, it's still there.

Anonymous

A while back I was at a print shop and the customer in front of me was complaining to the person at the desk about an error on his order (business post cards or something similar). The customer was a real pain and the guy at the shop kept telling him they print exactly how it is sent to them. The customer kept insisting it was the stores fault even though the employee showed him the original. I guess it wasn't that big an order because the copy shop guy eventually just gave up and said he would re-do it for him. Although the situation really wasn't any of my business, it annoyed me.

On a tangent - I love it when I find signs with quotation marks used incorrectly. Cracks me up every time. It can completely change the meaning of the message. There are a few decent blogs that post these. Like I said, cracks me up every time!

February 3, 2016 @ 7:48 PM

Blind H Dave

Wasn't there an episode of MASH where Father Mulcahy had a birthhday cake? Maybe that is where the extra "h" is.

February 3, 2016 @ 8:09 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Maybe the owners name is Birt Day, and he likes to party.

February 4, 2016 @ 6:31 AM

Ryan G / hobogauntlet.blogspot.ca

I saw a pizza joint that re painted it's entire exterior bright orange...strikingly similar to that infamous franchise with the catchy phone number. I suppose the idea was that people would see the word "pizza" in the sign combined with the colour and be dumb enough to assume it was the corporate place.

But wait, there's more.

This joint even placed actual promotional posters from the well known chain in their windows, and simply scissor cut out the name - you'd just see a photo of a pizza and the text "Large 2 topping pizza 14.95" or something similar.

Dude's either really stupid or really ballsy..or both.

February 4, 2016 @ 9:07 AM

Douglas

Perhaps the owner's first language is not English, with the result that they do (or maybe can)not pronounce the word with the "th", but as they have spelled it. I have had a number of "larts" coffees and drinks served to me by Filipinos.

February 4, 2016 @ 12:06 PM

Alex

Years ago, right by Dufferin and Lawrence, there was a tailor with a large street sign proclaiming, "Pants Hammed - $5." Still one of my favourites.

February 4, 2016 @ 12:50 PM

Cambo

Any place that has spelling mistakes on their storefront sign is a place I don't visit. Big red flags right there. I get gimmicks and plays on words, but come on; that's neither. That's just plain sloppiness.

February 5, 2016 @ 8:09 AM