Alan Rickman, Dead at 69

Alan RickmanAlan Rickman was 69. He's the actor best known as Hans Gruber in Die Hard and Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films.

Brian Gerstein

With two girls, 14 and 12, who devoured the Harry Potter books and loved all of the movies, a very sad day. Passed from cancer at 69, same age as Bowie. I know bad luck comes in three's, but let's try to not have a 3rd famous 69-year-older pass for a while.

What an accomplished actor, who in the original Die Hard movie, where terrorist-thief Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman) demands freedom for his imprisoned “Liberté du Québec” comrades, we had some Canadian content.

January 14, 2016 @ 8:30 AM

Al The Royal Pain

One of my favourite actors responsible for many of my favourite characters. Gone way too soon.

January 14, 2016 @ 9:39 AM

Derek

I am so sad about this. He was amazing in "Die Hard", he stole the show in Kevin Costner's "Robin Hood" and is terrific in "Love Actually". A crap day for entertainment.

January 14, 2016 @ 11:08 AM

Toneman

A sad day. One of the most believable actors of our time. Classic villain character actor, but he could also be hilarious. Anyone out there remember Galaxy Quest, in which he played Dr. Lazarus (a very funny knock-off of Mr. Spock.) And his version of the Sheriff of Nottingham will always be remembered by me for that famous line:

Cancel Christmas!

January 14, 2016 @ 12:57 PM

Gump

I love love love "Truly Madly Deeply". 1st time I saw this actor back in the early '90s.
If you liked/loved the actor, rent this movie this weekend with someone special.
You won't regret it (and you most probably will get laid).

January 14, 2016 @ 1:20 PM

Gump

You won't regret it (and you most probably will get laid).

January 14, 2016 @ 1:21 PM

Gump

Did I say I "love love love" his movie. I did. 3x. Sorry.

January 14, 2016 @ 1:23 PM

Aurora bob

Never saw a Harry Potter film. However he was brilliant as Metatron in Kevin Smith's Dogma.

January 14, 2016 @ 3:54 PM

Brian Gerstein

René Angélil dead: Céline Dion's husband dead at 73. Not 69, but 73, still way too young.

January 14, 2016 @ 4:26 PM

Tim

Cancer sucks

January 14, 2016 @ 6:25 PM

andrew

A great actor with many roles.
His best for me was the 1st Die Hard movie.

January 14, 2016 @ 7:25 PM

J9

First time I took note of him was as Eamon de Vilera in the Irish drama Michael Collins. (Great movie for those of us that like historical dramas, and Irish accents).

And of course, he is Professor Snape to all of us HP fans.

Always.