Top Browsers in 2015

If you thought the Desktop vs. Mobile vs. Tablet entry was cool, you'll love this one.

Here are the browsers used by visitors to this site in 2015:

1. Chrome - 39.29%
  2. Safari - 29.33%
  3. Internet Explorer - 12.60%
  4. Firefox - 9.19%
  5. Android Browser - 2.40%
  6. Blackberry - 2.14%
  7. Edge - 0.41%
  8. Opera - 0.22%
  9. Opera Mini - 0.14%
  10. Amazon Silk - 0.11%

There was a time when Internet Explorer absolutely dominated these rankings...

Lorne

I see Mozilla's five-year-plan of "Let's completely fuck up Firefox to the point where no one can or will want to use it" is working splendidly.

December 19, 2015 @ 10:49 AM

Blind Dave

I use Dolphin on my Android phone and Firefox on my pc. Firefox has one big plus for me -- it has word wrap so this almost blind guy can read comfortably with a big font without the need to scroll left and right for every line.

December 19, 2015 @ 11:58 AM

Jason from Sudbury

I use a pc and usually go back and forth between Internet Explorer and Firefox. Yeah, IE sucks, I know, but I'm a creature of habbit lol.

December 19, 2015 @ 12:06 PM

Jody Thornton

I use Pale Moon x64, but I know that my identifier shows as Firefox.

December 19, 2015 @ 1:29 PM

Cambo

Ok who's the one guy using Silk??!!

December 19, 2015 @ 5:26 PM

Steve

Does viewing a post via an RSS feed count at all as a view? If so, how it is classified seeing as I never physically visit the site (unless to read the/make a comment))?

December 19, 2015 @ 6:57 PM

@Steve

No, this excludes those who read via RSS.

You have to actually load an HTML page on TorontoMike.com to be counted.

December 19, 2015 @ 7:30 PM

Steve

Sorry for the dozens and dozens of clicks I've neglected you from then.

December 19, 2015 @ 10:43 PM

@Steve

Ha!

Stats mean little to me. There's no payment for pageviews or sessions or unique visitors. I just hope someone besides me enjoys the content.

If you want to click over and click through an Adsense ad, however, that does actually pad the bank account!

December 19, 2015 @ 10:49 PM

markosaar

@Lorne,

I've oddly had a few techy people try to talk me back into Firefox lately ... I figure I may as well take a fresh look; it's been years. Chrome's been annoying me a bit lately too.

I'm speaking as someone that started at Phoenix 0.6.

December 20, 2015 @ 2:15 AM

Douglas

I've noticed the bloat in Firefox over the past few years, but it works nearly flawlessly for me, and I have no difficulty locking it down security-wise (unlike Chrome, which I have found will outright ignore instructions to not allow cookies from various sites). I do run Chrome on occasion. IE gets used because one site that is work-related "requires" it, at least it does if I want to use industry-related applications that link only to IE browser pages. At my office, I am the only person who has no problems with their computers. I can't claim causation, but I see a 100% correlation between no office computer problems and being the only one who mostly uses Firefox.

December 20, 2015 @ 10:26 AM

For many, many years I used Firefox. Here's something I wrote about Firefox 0.9: http://www.torontomike.com/2004/06/firefox_09.html

December 20, 2015 @ 11:59 AM

Jody Thornton

Hopped on the Firefox bandwagon on the same version back in 2004. Went to Opera for version 8.5 when it went free (was actually faster than Firefox) but went back to Firefox at v1.5. Stayed until v4 came out. Definitely not going back for Australis.

December 20, 2015 @ 7:27 PM

Everyone who has upgraded to Windows 10 will have Edge, not Internet Explorer. Let me dig up a funny pic about that... stand by...

December 22, 2015 @ 8:38 AM