Things I Dig

This is not a definitive list, but here's some things I dig.

And they're in absolutely no particular order.

• french press coffee
  • Stride Spark Kinetic Mint gum
  • Public Enemy
  • biking
  • Neil Young
  • dunking chocolate chip cookies in milk
  • The Wire
  • playoff hockey
  • camping
  • Tarantino movies
  • skating outdoors
  • Arrested Development
  • apples
  • rooting for the home team
  • Dave Chappelle
  • kayaking
  • The World Junior Hockey Championship
  • The Simpsons
  • tee shirts
  • chocolate
  • Toronto tap water
  • The legend of Bill Barilko
  • live music
  • the smell of freshly cut wood

k

@Toronto Mike think you forgot to put Humble & Fred, The Spirit of Radio, Edge 102, CFNY

December 6, 2015 @ 3:03 PM

Army

What about listening to a ball game on the radio while sitting on the patio with a cold brewski? Only 73 days until pitchers and catchers report. Can't wait!

December 6, 2015 @ 4:56 PM

Army

December 6, 2015 @ 4:56 PM

S.A.L.

I also wondered about H&F… Humble Howard gave a sincere apology a couple of weeks ago because Mike was boycotting the show (a joke I am sure)…. is the boycott still on.. or just a momentary lapse of reason? ;-)

December 6, 2015 @ 6:55 PM

@S.A.L.

I heard that apology. He well knew he was apologizing for the completely wrong thing.

And it was never a boycott, just an HH break.

December 6, 2015 @ 7:52 PM

Boomer

I have to agree with you on alot of your list but have to comment on Howard Stern.
I used to be a HUGE fan and in the last couple of years the show has gone downhill so fast its unbelievable. He is so politically correct, phony and absolutely 180 degrees of what he once was.
He is obsessed with talking about "cock" and his interviews are now boring with the same exact questions (including how big is your cock). It once was a comedy show.

December 7, 2015 @ 10:14 AM

Wayner

Pretty much agree with most of your list but I will never understand camping. There is no need to sleep outside....its 2015!

December 7, 2015 @ 12:40 PM

@Wayner

We sleep outside because it's 2015!

No electricity, of course. A true unplugging to relax the mind.

December 7, 2015 @ 1:24 PM

fourteen

Camping. You either get it or you don't. Every year, after our annual family camping vacation, my kids have to talk me out of moving into a tent in our backyard. It takes me a long time to accept modcons again.

December 7, 2015 @ 3:09 PM

Wayner

not a fan of wet, smelly canvas, insects, smoke, trees, pollen, ragweed etc...A/C, TV, pool in the backyard, BBQ is where its at

December 7, 2015 @ 3:58 PM

Douglas

Wow, but that's only a partial surprise. No Losers Toronto Maple Leafs. Works for me!

December 8, 2015 @ 9:31 AM

@Douglas

But always rooting for the home team!

December 8, 2015 @ 9:33 AM

James Edgar

Stride Spark Kinetic Mint gum, Public Enemy,dunking chocolate chip cookies in milk,the Olympics ,The Howard Stern Show and Arrested Development. are the only things on your list i don't Dig myself.

The only one i really don't dig are the Olympics. corrupt politics and money better spent elsewhere can't be erased from my mind no matter how mind blowing the athletics might be. ( Exception Gold medal Hockey games involving Canada)
I might dig the gum but i don't think i've had it and probably won't.
Public Enemy well I dig 1 song. But that's not enough to say I dig public enemy.
I don't drink milk so no dunking and even when i did drink milk i never got the dunking thing.
Stern. Yuck
I have never seen an episode of Arrested Development. it's on my list but I just haven't gotten there.

Here's few things I dig not on your list.

Model Trains.
Motorcycles ( Not F#*king harleys and their knock off clones)
Jessica jones.
The IT Crowd.
British TV in General.
Motorcycle racing.
Playing Guitar.
Guitars
Photography.
Blacks Books
Monty Python

December 8, 2015 @ 11:14 AM

@James Edgar

You can file under "doesn't practice what he preaches" the following advice: Don't drink the milk from another species.

And see Arrested Development, it's great!

December 8, 2015 @ 11:17 AM

James Edgar

LOL. mine is I just don't like milk anymore.

I loved this post for some reason so i've stolen the idea and Created my own things i Dig post on my never really seen before by pretty much anyone blog.

Yes I gave you credit!

December 8, 2015 @ 12:17 PM

@James Edgar

For the record, I dig my wife, too. :)

I intentionally didn't list friends and family so as to not slight anyone.

December 8, 2015 @ 1:15 PM

James Edgar

@Mike, I figured you were digging your wife :) I included mine because She's been home for 56 weeks following surgery and feeling a bit down. it was an easy way to pump her up a bit . :)

December 9, 2015 @ 10:52 AM

@James Edgar

You're a good man. Hope your wife feels better!

December 9, 2015 @ 11:00 AM