Christmas Open Mike

Welcome to this week's Open Mike. I'm Mike and I'll be your master of ceremonies for the day.

Open Mike on Toronto Mike

Rick C in Oakville

Merry Christmas to all the Open Mike clan, and all the best to you Mike/Moneca and your growing family!

December 25, 2015 @ 11:15 AM

Cheryl

Happy holidays. Time for the Habs to get back on track. Tomorrow will be the night. Anyway, still can't believe that vomit would clog the toilet in the apartment above me. Anyway, that was really weird that it happened. Let's hope nothing like that happens again. Why does water make smoke detectors go off anyway? This is a question for the hive mind.

December 25, 2015 @ 11:21 AM

@Rick C in Oakville

Merry Christmas to all!

December 25, 2015 @ 11:22 AM

Jason from Sudbury

Merry Xmas everybody!

December 25, 2015 @ 11:22 AM

Sam in Pickering

Happy Xmas!!!

December 25, 2015 @ 11:23 AM

Blind Dave

Best Christmas, New Year, and everyday wishes for good health and happiness.

December 25, 2015 @ 11:34 AM

Lyle Lanley

No snark today, just good wishes to everyone. :)

December 25, 2015 @ 11:35 AM

sc

Merry Christmas.

December 25, 2015 @ 11:38 AM

Douglas

Merry Christmas to everyone in Open Mike Land.

You, too, Mike, and Monica and your growing (in more ways than one) family,

December 25, 2015 @ 12:44 PM

Johninoakville

Merry Christmas! Thank you for all your posts,tweets and podcasts. It has been a great year.

December 25, 2015 @ 1:53 PM

Rob J

Merry Christmas to all! Episode 151 is this generation's 'A Wonderful Life'

December 25, 2015 @ 5:13 PM

Cheryl

Well, Habs will win tonight. I predict they will be back on track and my Coyotes win as well. Yes, hockey is back. It just seemed like a long time without hockey. Oh well. Storm is coming. My trainer is away. He'll be back on Tuesday, but if the snow is really bad Monday night, he will have to cancel. That sucks because that's the only day he is coming to Toronto. He's taking Thursday off. Can't wait until things actually get back to normal again.

December 26, 2015 @ 7:49 AM

Cheryl

Well, I was wrong. Habs lost again. Coyotes were winning, but they blew it. Nets and Suns lost. It's no good at all. Anyway, Ravens and Cardinals hopefully will win today, but who knows. So many Ravens injuries. Anyway, not a good thing. I need wins. I really need wins.

December 27, 2015 @ 7:07 AM

sc

The Habs are now showing who they really are...an average team.

December 27, 2015 @ 7:10 AM

dale

It's near the end of 2015 & the year has gone by very fast. We have good recollections of 2015 as well as the bad memories. Such is life. We all have to be thankful for everything that has been given to us.

Behind every cloud, there is a rainbow, but beneath is there a pot of gold? It's up to you if you want to seek it.

This year has been good & bad for me. I have a grandson, born 12/13/14 & Santa got him chicken pox for Christmas. I'm truly grateful to my wife & 2 sons & love them. The jays were near top of the list & even the play of the Leafs recently - you gotta beleive somewhere down the road (hopefully Yonge St. parade).

On a sad note, my Brother passed away at 48 in September from complications of Downs Syndrome. There is too violence in this world. WE are all born & die. but it's life that structures how we want to live. There is no wrong & no right, ALL PEOPLE ARE EQUAL, but it's those who chose to challenge equality that bothers me.

I have only 1 Uncle,1 Aunt & a loving Mother in law still alive outside of my immediate family.
Father in law passed away at 50 yrs. old on Christmas night in a snow machine accident 25 years ago & was a great & loving man. RIP Bob.

Enough of the recollections - I'm taking a couple of weeks off.

All the best to everyone in 2016 for a prosperous & healthy New Year, especially you MIke for your blog.

Dale

December 27, 2015 @ 10:15 PM

Shona

Hi IG. You do a good job at running SOWNY

December 27, 2015 @ 10:39 PM

Cheryl

Well, my Ravens and Cardinals both won last night. My Ravens won't be in the playoffs though. My Cardinals will be. My Coyotes won last night which is great. I have no idea what is wrong with the Habs. Well, they picked up goalie Ben Scrivens. I don't know how good he is. I hope he's good. Habs have to win again. Why are they losing so much now.

December 28, 2015 @ 10:40 AM

chris

RIP - Lemmy (Motorhead), Dave Henderson (BBall) & most of all Meadowlark Lemon.

The Habs RIP may be next Cheryl.

December 28, 2015 @ 8:30 PM

Cheryl

Habs won last night. That's great. They finally won a game in a shootout. Now continue to get back on track. My Nets also won, but my Suns lost. Oh well. Looks like my trainer is going to make it. Apparently it's very messy out though.

December 29, 2015 @ 6:55 AM

Cheryl

Habs lost again. This sucks and my Coyotes lost as well. It all sucks. Habs and Bruins winter classic on Friday. You bet I won't miss it. Should hopefully be a good one. Habs need to get back on track though. Yes, my trainer did make it yesterday. He said the highways were fine, but the streets were messy. At least he made it. He was on vacation last week, I saw him for a day and now he is on vacation again for another week.

December 30, 2015 @ 8:00 AM

Cheryl

My Suns and Nets both lost last night again. That is no good at all. Anyway, Habs will win tomorrow. Hope so. It's really time for them to step it up. Hopefully my Ravens and Cardinals will win their last games, but who knows.

December 31, 2015 @ 7:54 AM

Cheryl

Well, where's today's open Mike? I can't find it. Habs play in a few hours. It will be a win to start off 2016. My Coyotes won last night, but my Suns lost.

January 1, 2016 @ 10:19 AM

@Cheryl

I just posted it. This is a lazier Friday morning than usual.

January 1, 2016 @ 10:25 AM