Open Mike

Welcome to this week's Open Mike. I'm Mike and I'll be your master of ceremonies for the day.

Open Mike on Toronto Mike

Sam in Pickering

@Toronto Mike

When Jeff Sammut comes over today, will you have him do his Vito from Woodbridge character?

December 11, 2015 @ 8:55 AM

Aaron

I enjoyed this on the culture of Japanese knives.

December 11, 2015 @ 9:01 AM

Jason from Sudbury

Ok. So no not all cab drivers are assholes, but it's douchbags like this that will make me take Uber over a cab any day.

December 11, 2015 @ 9:03 AM

Jason from Sudbury

I like Jeff Sammut. Used to listen to him quite a bit when he did over nights on the Fan. Sadly he cheers for the wrong baseball team though.

December 11, 2015 @ 9:11 AM

I'll ask Jeff about that awful Yankees love, and Vito in Woodbridge.

December 11, 2015 @ 9:12 AM

Cheryl

Well, today is my birthday eve. tomorrow is my birthday. My Habs lost again. They're in a slump, but hopefully they'll come out of it. I think they need Carey Price back and Brendan Gallagher. Oh well, my Nets and Cardinals won so that's good. My Ravens won't make the Superbowl this year, but hopefully my Cardinals will. As for Uber, I can't use them because they have no office phone to call them. They don't accommodate people with no smart phone so I can't use them. Too bad.

December 11, 2015 @ 9:24 AM

Jason from Sudbury

I'm a day early but just in case I forget tomorrow...Happy birthday Cheryl!

December 11, 2015 @ 9:28 AM

Cool Nights

Happy Birthday Cheryl!

December 11, 2015 @ 9:41 AM

GUNTer

Happy Birthday tomorrow Cheryl!
I think you and I are some of the last people on earth with no cell phone! DOWN WITH CELL PHONES! :)

December 11, 2015 @ 9:58 AM

I.F. Stone

The taxicabs do not block the ambulance whatsoever in that video.
Nobody blocks the ambulance.
What a misleading headline.

December 11, 2015 @ 11:05 AM

headsup

Love the podcast and glad to know that Sammut will be joining you. I enjoyed the impersonations he did back in the day. I wonder if he has developed any new ones? I also wonder if he was in the running to be a part of the morning show when they rebranded it this past spring?

Finally, and I am serious when I propose this, but I would love an appearance from Cheryl on your podcast. Please consider this one vote for a Cheryl episode.

December 11, 2015 @ 11:31 AM

Al The Royal Pain

The first episode of Season 2 of Serial is now up. It will be interesting to see if they can keep the momentum going.

December 11, 2015 @ 1:47 PM

Ben V

Watch that video and tell me how we should be fearful of letting refugees in. Or even trying to get 25,000 in before the end of the year.

Proud moment as a Canadian to watch this.

December 11, 2015 @ 2:35 PM

J9

I got Springsteen tickets! Who is a happy girl??

December 11, 2015 @ 6:04 PM

andrew

I also got Springsteen tiks. I would sell them to you Cheryl but my son is gonna have a great Xmas present. He hates Bruce but girlfreind loves Bruce. I'm sure it will be a LUCKY night afterwards.

Happy BDay Cheryl

December 11, 2015 @ 7:17 PM

Cheryl

Thanks for the wishes. How would I get on a podcast. I don't know if I have to go anywhere. Anyway, I won't know where to go or what to do to be on one or if I get paid so I'm saying no for now and if people bug me about it, it makes me say no more. Anyway, great coyotes OT win on my birthday. Suns lost though which is too bad. I don't have a smart phone because I don't like them. They are touch screen and I am frustrated with touch screens. Anyway, thanks again for all the wishes.

December 12, 2015 @ 5:46 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Happy birthday Cheryl, you are appreciated on Mikes Blog!.
Crappy news out of CHCH, expecially before Christmas and no severance. Watch a lot of Tiny talent time with Bill Lawrence when I was a kid, and Hebsy was my current favorite from them. Can't wait for you to have him on again.

December 12, 2015 @ 11:47 AM

Stephen

Happy birthday, Cheryl. And now you can do the same for me. My birthday is the day before Christmas, and that's a terrible day to be born. All my life my birthday gifts were wrapped in Christmas paper and put under the tree. People out there, if your kid is born near Christmas, always always always make them feel special and wrap the gift(s) in birthday paper. It matters. Trust me.

December 12, 2015 @ 3:15 PM

dale

@Stephen

We all got & get screwed when we have Birthday this time of year.
Mine is Dec. 29th & always gift for Xmas was "also for your BDay" wrapped in Christmas wrap.
I never had a BDay party with the holidays but 1 year when I was young Mom & Dad decided to have a BDay party on my 1/2 year June 29th. Still remember it 50 years later.

December 12, 2015 @ 7:14 PM

Dave Williams

@ Toronto Mike

Merry Christmas.

December 13, 2015 @ 6:32 AM

Cheryl

My Habs won on my birthday. Good game. My Coyotes and Nets lost though. Anyway, I love birthdays, I hate Christmas. Oh well. Anyway, thanks for all the birthday wishes. Hopefully my Ravens win today, but unfortunately they won't make the playoffs.

December 13, 2015 @ 10:56 AM

Cheryl

My Ravens lost and boy did they ever lose. It's no good at all, but they lost. Anyway, my Suns won which is good.

December 14, 2015 @ 9:12 AM

twins from bolton

Is it just me or the weather. Usually our street is lit up big time with Christmas lights. Just taking doggie for a walk with "me wearing no coat" & less than 50% of our street have lights tonight. Less than 2 weeks B4.

When are going to have snowfall, April & May?
Winter tires still in garage & will wait another week, or why bother.

Merry Christmas & all the best to everyone in the New Year

December 14, 2015 @ 9:49 PM

Cheryl

My Nets and Suns both lost last night which is no good at all. Well, I would be happy if we got no snow storms. I just want it to get cold enough so the ice stays good for skating. I haven't been skating yet this winter. I really want to go.

December 15, 2015 @ 9:58 AM

Cheryl

My Habs lost. Disgusting game. They gave it away. Not a good thing. They are slacking, but they need Price back and Gallagher. They need to just step it up because they did win on my birthday, but other than that, they have been slumping. Anyway, losing at home especially. My trainer curled last night, but don't know if he won or not. He probably won. Zones are this weekend. My trainer and Kean will both win. They'll both be in Provincials. My trainer will go to the brier. Two weeks next year where he will be away, both for Provincials and Brier.

December 16, 2015 @ 10:27 AM

Cheryl

My Nets and Suns both lost last night. Bummer. Anyway, my tooth broke last night. It just all of a sudden broke and I need to go to the dentist. I got a noon appointment. Anyway, I have no idea why the tooth broke, but it did. Bummer. Not a good time for it to break.

December 17, 2015 @ 9:43 AM