One Warm Christmas Eve in Toronto

I distinctly remember last Christmas Eve we had unseasonably warm weather, but it was nothing like this. The temperature in Toronto right now is 17°C.

weather

Since we're on the topic, my preferred source for our weather is the Government of Canada where I get all of the fact without editorialized hyperbole. I find their 24 Hour Forecast is pretty accurate.

mrmojorisinca

Loving it..but also fear what is coming :)

December 24, 2015 @ 9:05 AM

Neal

I like this site for weather; particularly their app...

December 24, 2015 @ 9:30 AM

Douglas

After last winter in particular, a record warm one in other parts of the world, I wouldn't mind a warmer one. Skiing fans can travel a bit farther and ski on real mountains instead of what southern Ontario has to offer. That doesn't help the southern Ontario ski resorts much, though. I hear that Blue Mountain has brought back out summer sports equipment, like mountain bikes, for rental.

The last truly warm winter that I remember was 1982-83, my first year in university, I went to McMaster, which is in the west end of Hamilton, for those not familiar with the geography. On Valentine's Day, I rode my bicycle 20 km/12 miles to my girlfriend's in Burlington (to the northeast), and back, because it was warm enough (high teens - low 20s) to do it. There was no meaningful snow or cold weather until the week before Mac's reading week in March.

December 24, 2015 @ 11:30 AM

this guest

It's like waking up and finding a new bicycle in your living room. Then you check the locks on the doors. Then you hear sounds.

December 24, 2015 @ 12:45 PM

Blind Dave

El Nino has been good to us on the prairies but we are in a cold snap right now. No snow (just tiny white bits) where I am, but it's easy to walk around.

Thanks for the app recommendations. The Weather Nutwork does not impress me with their "accuracy".

December 25, 2015 @ 11:40 AM

Rick C in Oakville

My garden is confused, and my Heather is flowering , and shrubs are budding. Afraid when the real cold hits, these plants won't survive.
We sat on the back deck of my dad's house yesterday it felt that warm.

December 26, 2015 @ 11:48 AM

Douglas

@Rick C - My garlic has popped back out early (I thought I had finally pulled it all, apparently not; it will survive, based on past years), but so has some dill, and a few carrots.

December 27, 2015 @ 10:36 AM