#4

I love fatherhood. I think I'm pretty good at it. At least my kids tell me so. I do my very best and treat the responsibility as if it's the most important job I'll ever have.

My first born will soon be 14-years old. We talk about everything. My goal is to make him twice the man I ever was, and we're well on our way.

My daughter is 11, and whether it's competitive dance or soccer, she's full of passion. This star shines bright and I cherish every minute I spend with her.

Then there's my youngest son. He's 17-months old and a little ball of energy. This experience has been so rewarding, so enriching, I simply couldn't say no to my wife when she suggested we try for one more.

This morning, I got to see the little peanut who will be my fourth child. He / she is active and has a strong heartbeat, and I can't wait to meet him / her. I can't wait to do it one more time.

20150918_092531

But then, that's it. I'm done.

Rick C in Oakville

Brings back the great memories I had with my 2 kids over 20 years ago!

September 18, 2015 @ 11:27 AM

James Edgar

I missed out on having my own kids and missed that stage with my step-daughter , I can't imagine how exciting it is for you. and I'm jealous! Congrats

September 18, 2015 @ 3:13 PM

dale

Congrats Mike.
After this - a little snippit?

September 18, 2015 @ 5:50 PM

4x4 Time

Equally exciting with grandkids. You are a very lucky man Mike. Peace, happiness and health to your growing family.

September 18, 2015 @ 6:16 PM

McNulty

Congratulations, Mike!

I couldn't do it again. But you seem to be the type that could, so good on you. I am sure they will be 4 great kids.

And the bonus is you have babysitting all lined up!

September 19, 2015 @ 7:50 AM

Blind Dave

I agree with James Edgar and 4x4 Time. I never had kids of my own as my serious vision problem is hereditary and I didn't wish to pass it on. I also came along in this relationship when my stepson was 8 and my stepdaughter was 14. I was able to experience "fatherhood" from the beginning for the first time about 3 1/2 years ago when my granddaughter was born. We have her two full evenings a week and she is the light of my life. For the first time ever, I experienced baby stage and toddler stage. Now at 3 1/2 it's the talking full sentences and discovery stage, and not to mention the "laws of possession" stage. My wife's female ancestry are strong-minded to say the least. This one is no exception.

Congrats, Mike & family.

September 19, 2015 @ 9:19 PM

Derek

Amazing! 2 is enough for this cowboy!

September 21, 2015 @ 10:11 AM