CFNY FM: ain't your average radio clone

Karim Mosna sent me a link to this little documentary about CFNY thinking I might be interested. It's 22-minutes long and includes chats with Alan Cross, David Marsden, Ivar Hamilton and Dani Elwell.

If you're looking for a more long-form deeper dive into this subject, I strongly recommend the following episodes of Toronto Mike'd:

Andy in Burlington

What a great little piece. Really makes you remember how great the station was back then, and how bad radio is now.

August 4, 2015 @ 3:13 PM

Yawn

Yeah, yeah, we have heard this all before. David Marsden created a great radio station 4 decades ago. And trust Alan Cross to make sure you hear his opinion. People stopped caring in the 1990's Alan. The epitome of self importance. Yawn.

August 4, 2015 @ 10:29 PM

markosaar

August 5, 2015 @ 1:21 PM

ellebee

This is so great. What an experience CFNY was in those early days. Loved the shout out to Rush in the beginning too!

August 5, 2015 @ 8:19 PM

Yawn

I liked CFNY but I get tired of being told how wonderful David Marsden was for something he did decades ago. He must spend a lot of time in front of the mirror admiring himself. Alan Cross is even worse. Most of his time at the helm of Edge he spent playing Nickelback songs yet people think he is so great. Hey David, how come you didn't say goodbye to your fans when you were at The Rock? You had the chance didn't you.

August 6, 2015 @ 9:18 AM

Anthony

'I'll never understand the compulsion for people online to comment on how much they don't care about something.'

August 9, 2015 @ 12:43 PM

Jay

I believe David didn't say goodbye because he never had the opportunity to air his last couple of shows.

August 12, 2015 @ 12:56 AM

@Jay

I believe David did have the opportunity to do a final episode. I believe he opted out himself. We talked about this in episode 106 of my podcast: http://www.torontomike.com/2015/01/toronto_miked_podcast_episode_106.html

August 12, 2015 @ 8:14 AM