I Think We Made It

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 9.31.24 AM

Ryan G / hobogauntlet.blogspot.ca

For me, today is just like the final scene in "Alive", where the non-cannibalized members of the rugby team see the green valley below, suggesting they will survive.

See, over the last few weeks, I've had a comfortable home, heat and plenty of food, but I still resorted to eating people, which suggests I may be insane. Thankfully, the internet will never be able to use the above sentence against me.

March 9, 2015 @ 9:48 AM

James Edgar

@ Ryan, "Suggests" is just the word I'd use.

If i wasn't so F&%$#*g busy i'd probably have my motorcycle out for a spin (just to make sure everything is working of course) this week. This winter seems to have dragged on worse than last year, which last year i would have found hard to believe.

March 9, 2015 @ 9:58 AM

Argie

@Ryan
Nothing wrong with eating what you kill. However, if you were just killing and discarding, well then, my friend we would have a problem.

March 9, 2015 @ 10:00 AM

Al The Royal Pain

I think I felt more beaten down by last winter than i was this winter, but I'm glad the warmer temperatures are finally here.

March 9, 2015 @ 10:02 AM

Eekan Boo

This is terrible news. We had to wait until half January for decent ski conditions, and now it's all going to turn to slush.

March 9, 2015 @ 10:02 AM

Al The Royal Pain

@Argie & @RyanG

Catch-and-release fishing vs. Catch-and-release humaning

Fish don't come back with the authorities to have you arrested.

"I see no profit in it for me." --Jack Sparrow

March 9, 2015 @ 10:09 AM

this guest

Last year at this time wasn't the city still covered with ice. It feels like relief but shocking to hear car tires still crunching on hard snow driveways.

@ Ryan. Yes always release your captured victims. Even Frosty the Snowman.

March 9, 2015 @ 10:49 AM

Douglas

I'm happy to not see the negative sign in front of temperatures. On the way back from Peterborough late last Thursday night, the thermometer in my car was reading -22°C.

Interesting to see very little precipitation in that outlook forecast. Let's get rid of the negative temperatures for lows, and we'll be good. Then again, considering that forecasters have difficulty with today, let alone tomorrow...Never mind. I'm staying positive on this.

@Eekan Boo - You're better off skiing where they get real snow. On real mountains. Alberta, B.C. (just not Whistler this year, where current conditions are what they call "Ontario powder"), Colorado...

March 9, 2015 @ 1:11 PM

Eekan Boo

Douglas, agreed, it would be great to get out west for a ski. Not in the budget this year. I'm hearing Whistler-Blackcomb had a bad snow season.

March 9, 2015 @ 5:15 PM

dale

@Mike

You just jinxed it - just like your input about the Leafs. Everytime you comment, the opposite happens.

Just wait Easter & May 2-4 weekend we will have snow - LOL