Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 111

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 111In this 111th episode, Mike and Elvis discuss recent Toronto Mike'd guests, the hiring of Dean Blundell on The Fan 590, the cancellation of Spirit of Radio Sunday on 102.1, anti-vaxxers and more. This episode is exactly 1:16:47.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at https://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

elvis

Crickets.

February 18, 2015 @ 3:15 PM

@elvis

Everyone is too busy listening to comment.

February 18, 2015 @ 3:16 PM

Andrew

Internet is so shitty in Moose Jaw I can't download or stream it. Gotta wait till Monday... but, I'm sure it was glorious!

Cheers,
Andrew

February 18, 2015 @ 3:36 PM

@Andrew

Elvis busts your chops a couple of times.

February 18, 2015 @ 3:40 PM

Andrew

I'll try and download it...
LOL

Andrew

February 18, 2015 @ 5:11 PM

Andrew

Got it to load... some people think I'm good at what I do - it's debatable.
I am currently in Moose Jaw for the Scotties.

Andrew

February 18, 2015 @ 6:22 PM

elvis

C'mon! What the fuck do I know about sound? Or lighting? Or lightening?

February 18, 2015 @ 7:31 PM

My podcast deserves a Gemini for best sound.

February 18, 2015 @ 9:12 PM

Andrew

Sun New looked horrible... crappy lighting. I never listened to the station so I don't know about the audio.
Andrew

February 19, 2015 @ 12:08 AM

sctt

I was very happy to see that there was a new podcast with Elvis, which is always great cause I enjoy the banter along with the review of all of the previous interviews. Some thoughts on the latest episode:
1. You were discussing draft picks and how useful/not useful they can be. This reminded me of an article on TSN.ca last week about the likelihood of of draft picks from different rounds of the draft playing a minimum of 100 games. It was interesting stuff, and can be found here
2. Did you really refer to David Tennant as the Scottish guy?? He played Doctor Who. Everyone should know who he is.
3. Its not that global warming and climate change are different things, its that global warming is an out of date term. Although I'm sure that's open for debate.

February 19, 2015 @ 2:38 PM

@sctt

I can't watch Doctor Who. Even the thought of watching it frightens me. I explain why here: http://www.torontomike.com/2007/08/how_doctor_who_scarred_me.html

February 19, 2015 @ 2:42 PM

sctt

@Mike

I can definitely relate to that, I think its a common problem for anyone who grew up when the original Doctor Who was airing. With that being said, once I started watching the newer Doctor Who I was pretty quickly hooked (and it's intro is not nearly as scary).

February 19, 2015 @ 2:54 PM

@sctt

Maybe one day... but for now, he's just "that Scottish guy".

February 19, 2015 @ 2:57 PM

Jillian

I remember listening to Dean Blundell on the edge morning show and he often talked about how much he loved sports but was told (I'm assuming by his bosses) that his listeners aren't interested in sports- so he kept his sports related topics to a minimum. So why do the Rogers people think his edge listeners will follow him to 590 when Blundell himself says they have no interest in sports?

February 21, 2015 @ 12:44 PM

Al The Royal Pain

Great to hear Elvis back on the podcast. You two have a good chemistry...mostly because I lo e how Elvis busts Mike's chops and calls him out on things.

February 21, 2015 @ 3:51 PM