Super Bowl Prediction Thread

Super Bowl XLIX kicks off from University of Phoenix Stadium in about 7.5 hours. In case you've been living under a rock, it's the New England Patriots vs. the Seattle Seahawks.

The purpose of this entry is to collect everyone's predictions. Please guess the final score before 6:30pm and we'll see if anyone nails it. There's a great deal of pride on the line, so give it your best shot.

My prediction: Seattle 32, New England 29

How do you think it all ends?

Rapsfan

Pats 24, Seahawks 20

February 1, 2015 @ 11:18 AM

Lyle Lanley

Seattle 21, New England 10

February 1, 2015 @ 11:23 AM

Gary

First half will be close and then New England will run away with it. New England 28 Seattle 10.

February 1, 2015 @ 11:32 AM

Sam in Pickering

This will be the Brady show.

NE wins big.

NE 34, Seattle 19

February 1, 2015 @ 11:34 AM

Anonymous

21-20, Seahawks

February 1, 2015 @ 12:23 PM

Anonymous

Prediction: Deflated balls = Brady marital issues. Oh you meant the game.

February 1, 2015 @ 12:51 PM

Speysidephil

Patriots 24 Seahawks 17

February 1, 2015 @ 1:23 PM

McNulty

29-21 Seahawks

And the Leafs will lose another one.

February 1, 2015 @ 1:24 PM

andrew

My prediction is that Katie Perry will have a meltdown during her halftime show.

I don't watch the Stupid Bowl except for halftime show.

February 1, 2015 @ 1:47 PM

Amy

Pats lose by 3.

February 1, 2015 @ 3:57 PM

headsup

I predict that somebody will lose too many to not enough. I am really over the Superbowl hipe and have been for some years now. I predict the game won't be all that close or all that interesting. To put figures on it, I'll say New England 37, Seattle 13.

February 1, 2015 @ 4:04 PM

Nigel Trousershrapnel

21-13 Seahawks win

February 1, 2015 @ 5:39 PM

Blind Dave

SEA 31 NE 24

February 1, 2015 @ 6:14 PM

top psychic

It will be tied at the half. maybe 14 all. yes I'm seeing a pair of 14s.

February 1, 2015 @ 8:15 PM

Superbowl Boredom Galore Inc.

sterile, plastic television at its finest.

February 1, 2015 @ 8:16 PM

New England 28, Seahawks 24

Nobody nailed it, but I'm thinking Rapsfan was closest.

February 1, 2015 @ 10:16 PM

Cheryl

This makes me mad. I only win $100.00, not $150.00. The leader did contact me and said that I will get the money some time today, but he has to go to the bank and get the cash. One guy in the pool had the Bengals and Patriots. His Patriots won so he gets the $50.00 I sure wish I got.

February 2, 2015 @ 7:38 AM

elvis

Bookies are paying out to everyone who bet on whether or not Katy Perry would show cleavage during her performance. I tend to agree - it's a push.

February 2, 2015 @ 9:51 AM

Cambo

I must be the only one that finds football incredibly boring. Like, I'd rather watch darts.

February 2, 2015 @ 1:40 PM

@Cambo

This was the first complete game I watched all season. I had watched parts of a few playoff games, but that was it until yesterday.

As much as I like to crap on football, I must admit this was a very entertaining game.

It was tied at halftime
The Patriots had come back to take the lead with about 2 minutes to go in the 4th.
A miraculous, stunning catch gave the Seahawks hope with less than a minute to go.
With the ball on the 1 yard line and time running down, it honestly looked like the Seahawks would run it in and leave Brady no time to come back.
An absolutely stupid play call handed the game back to the Patriots

It was great theatre, transpiring in real-time while hundreds of millions of people watch.

February 2, 2015 @ 1:46 PM

Ajax Mike

Late to the party here, but just have to stand up in defense of the "stupid" play that ended the game. 2nd & 1, less than 30 seconds on the clock, only one timeout. Lynch had already been stopped on the line once in the game, but even that aside a pass makes the most sense. If you miss with an incompletion you've stopped the clock and have time for two more chances. Run first and miss, clock is still running and the second play HAS to be a pass to manage the clock, to make sure you get the third try if you need it. Now ideally you pass to the sideline instead of into traffic, but from Russell's perspective the receiver was open. Butler just made a great play, apparently having been burned on a similar play during practice.

February 6, 2015 @ 1:56 AM