Everyone is Available (Except This Guy)

elvis

I'd trade him.

February 8, 2015 @ 1:06 PM

@elvis

The only players I'd trade him for are players that would never be traded by their current teams.

February 8, 2015 @ 1:09 PM

Ryan G / hobogauntlet.blogspot.ca

1. I actually haven't watched a Leaf game in a couple of weeks. That was a sweet goal, but the fans are really making it look like it matters

2. I miss spirit of radio sunday already.

3. Some jackass with speakers in his coat was blaring children's christian music on the streetcar. He was baiting people to confront him, and I wanted to do just that, and more. But I took the high road and asked the driver if he was going to do anything about it, and he just ignored me.

4. Stop fucking snowing already.

February 8, 2015 @ 2:36 PM

andrew

That's what everyone said 2 years ago with Jake Gardiner as he will be foundation for years to come.

Not saying Morgan won't be, but don't get your hopes high. Same thing said 2-3 years ago with Kadri & I would trade him in a heartbeat for 2 or 3rd round high draft choice & a prospect from another team.

Reilly is a growing as an NHL player & will be an asset to whatever team he plays for in the future.

February 8, 2015 @ 5:38 PM

Speysidephil

Same thing said about Luke Schenn and we managed to ruin him.
Let's not panic folks, a little tweet here and there and we are ok.
The definite tweet is Clarkson, what a huge disappointment, good to see him benched last night.
Must keeps are Van reimsdyk, kessel, santorelli, Reimer, robidas, panik, .
Go Leafs Go.

February 8, 2015 @ 8:40 PM

Gary

Everyone is available. In the words of Ted DiBiase....everyone has a price.

Tuned into CFNY today for a bit....just repetitive crap. I miss SRS.

February 8, 2015 @ 8:51 PM

mrmojorisinca

Keep Morgan..
as for the rest it depends on if they due a full rebuild..if full trade every over 27 years of age.

February 9, 2015 @ 9:01 AM

Anonymous

Most people advocate trading any/all players, but I think that even if you execute on that strategy, the Leafs are many years away from getting the significant pieces in place to execute a rebuild. Should the strategy be picks? players to tank? I doubt they'll receive much if any young talent that is of any significance regardless of how they approach it.

Right now the Leafs have a 6.5% (could go to 8.5% if Ottawa and Columbus win their games in hand) of winning the McDavid sweepstakes. Otherwise they'll likely have 1 pick somewhere between 5th and 15th overall. They also don't own a 2nd round pick having previously traded it. So doesn't look very promising that there is going to be much help on the horizon other than what's already in their system.

BTW: Buffalo has a 20% chance at the first pick and as it stands now will have 3 first round picks (Islanders and St. Louis picks). Edmonton is at 13.5% and will pick twice (Pittsburgh pick). So despite the misery, it looks like they've at least planned well for the draft.

I suppose there may be some buyers at the trade deadline, although will you really get that much for rental players (Franson), or low-tier NHLers (Santorelli/Winnik)? Most contending teams don't seam to have that much cap space to afford taking on any of the "core" Leaf players although I think San Jose and Anaheim have some room (Islanders have room also, but they have already traded their first round pick this year).

Free agency always seems to be a commitment to over-paying, and you're always limited anyway.

Brendan Shanahan's plan had better be pretty impressive... (though maybe it should start with him actually moving to Toronto?)

February 9, 2015 @ 1:53 PM