Camping in Canada Finally Digitized

Camping in Canada Finally DigitizedEight years ago, I shared the story of Camping in Canada, a Sesame Street cassette I thoroughly enjoyed in the early 80s. I knew the words to every song and just loved the story of Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch attending a summer camp in Ontario.

Feeling nostalgic back in 2006 and wanting to hear Camping in Canada again, I found a vinyl copy in a little shop in Saskatoon and had my buddy Mofo dub it to cassette. I always intended to have it digitized to MP3, but never got around to it...

Then, yesterday afternoon, this comment from Swiss-Canadian Ignacio was published.

Hello

I came across your post in 2009, that is when I became a father. And I wanted my son to grow up with the same record I grew up with. So I bought a Vinyl on ebay and digitalized it to mp3s. I took my time with removing the vinyl sounds, and I think it came out great. If anybody wants the files, just ask me.

Cheers Ignacio (SwissCanuck)

Twenty minutes later, I had the MP3 of every song from Camping in Canada. Jarvis is going to love this...

Grandma Boon

Great! I remember when we bought that and how we listened to it on the way to your grandparents on the weekends. Jarvis will love it.

September 10, 2014 @ 12:40 PM

Anonymous

When will Camp Caribou get the same treatment?

September 12, 2014 @ 1:49 PM

Alan

Nice! Could I get a copy of the mp3s? Thanks

October 21, 2014 @ 12:51 PM

@Alan

Check your inbox.

October 21, 2014 @ 3:16 PM

Helen lake

could you please send me the file too please?
this was a bit hit with our family in the 90's when travelling
Helen

November 23, 2014 @ 5:54 PM

@Helen

Check your inbox.

November 23, 2014 @ 7:16 PM

Dave

ooh, me too please! My father in law wants it for his first grandchild!

December 1, 2014 @ 10:36 PM

Ian

Hi Mike,
Our children, my wife and I all really enjoyed that album and I would love to get a copy for our grandchildren. I looked online to see if I could buy a copy but did not find any for sale.
Thanks very much!
Ian

March 6, 2015 @ 10:38 AM

brandon

I remember spending a summer travelling across Canada with Canadian Airlines and this album was playing on the inflight audio. In those days inflight audio was pumped through a tube system and headphones were hollow tubes like a stethoscope.

Any chance i can get a copy of the digital tracks?

May 11, 2015 @ 9:25 PM

Christopher Nicholson

Could you send me the mp3s too, please? I'm not even Canadian but I grew up right across the border from Quebec so I do have a love for the country.

July 23, 2015 @ 8:52 PM

Elfi Berndl

I absolutely love this album & today while cleaning up old toys that I had when my kids were little (born '82 & '84) I came across a tape of Camping in Canada. I would love to get a digital copy please.

August 2, 2015 @ 1:29 PM

Kim

Could I have the mp3s too? I grew up and live near Niagara Falls, NY, and listened to this cassette tape as a child! Thank you!

January 27, 2016 @ 1:04 AM

Lindsay

I'm so excited to learn there are digital files out there for my favorite childhood record! Raising a sweet little one now and this would really bring something so special to her musical library. So many wonderful memories of dancing around the kitchen in Calgary - circa 1983 :)
Please share these files or let me know how I may go about finding them. Thank you!!

April 5, 2016 @ 10:58 PM

Barbara Ann Sevigny

Hello, I would love a copy of the digitals to share with my granddaughter. I still remember all the words to the songs. I was one of the students from Sheppard Public School that recorded the album, back when I was in grade 5. If you would be so kind to share, it would mean a lot.

April 12, 2016 @ 9:25 PM

Lisa Brodey

Oooh, Please. These are my family's go to songs where ever and whenever we are on holiday. If it's not too late I would love a download too! Thanks!

July 31, 2016 @ 10:33 AM

Margaret Thomson-Sevigny

Hello my sweet daughter Barbara Ann Sevigny I have a copy of all the songs just ask Mike he will forward the songs to you email address that is where I have them --I wanted to get the original album with the cover and all but it is hard to find so just ask Toronto Mike he will forward them to you. I love you and my phone number is 437 333 1902 and my e-mail is Emmbeethomson@yahoo.ca perhaps you can let me know your contact info so I can speak with you it is very important because a person who is using your name is involved and thanks .

January 7, 2017 @ 11:14 AM

Margaret Thomson-Sevigny

oh Barbara I forgot to tell you that my cell phone a lot of times has no minutes but I have an answering system on it so just leave a message if you cant get thru on the phone itself
Luv you very much from your mom.

January 7, 2017 @ 11:19 AM

Chad

Would love the tracks if there is any way to send them to me.

April 30, 2017 @ 9:27 AM

@Chad

Consider it done.

April 30, 2017 @ 9:29 AM

Joel

If there is any way you could send me the files for this, it would absolutely MAKE my sister's Christmas. Thanks in advance... :)

December 19, 2017 @ 6:34 AM

margaret thomson-sevigny

Thank you Toronto Mike for not only the Camping In Canada songs which one of them my daughter Barbara Ann Sevigny recorded with Bill Usher the guy who produced it or something like that but also that my daughter Barbara Sevigny thru this medium contacted me after several years of not knowing where she was --well she contacted me and now I know how to contact her --Again thank you

June 12, 2018 @ 10:51 AM

Liz Wood

Not sure if you would even have them, but I would be grateful to get a copy of these songs. My nephew (5 years old) suffers from anxiety like i did, and I always listened to this cassette tape to feel better (like "Homesick"). Fingers crossed, and thanks!

August 27, 2018 @ 12:29 AM

@Liz Wood

Check your inbox. :)

August 27, 2018 @ 9:05 AM

Cecilia Costilla

I need this album for my new baby! I use to listen when I was a kid. It was my favorite :) can I get a copy!? Would be eternally grateful!

December 4, 2018 @ 8:06 AM