Questions for Mark Hebscher

Questions for Mark HebscherI will be sitting down later this week with Mark Hebscher, best known as co-host of Sportsline. He'll be dropping by to record an episode of my podcast Toronto Mike'd, and I get an entire hour to ask him anything I want.

mark-hebscher

I know what questions I'll be asking him, but I'd love to know what you would ask him. What questions would you like me to ask Mark Hebscher?

Al Reda

Loved Sportsline!

Any chance of a reunion with Tatti?

August 27, 2014 @ 11:07 AM

Il Duce

Ask when the last time Mark spoke to Tatti. At Hebsy's first appearance on H&F, Mark said he hasn't spoken to Tatti in a long time and never would.

August 27, 2014 @ 11:43 AM

Mike from Lowville

Ask him when he's going to run for the PC party like his former sidekick did.

August 27, 2014 @ 11:47 AM

Shite D. Sturbur

Just be sure to say "yes guy!" after everything he says. He'll love it!

August 27, 2014 @ 3:09 PM

Corey

Tuesday, June 28, 1994. Wendel Clark is traded to the Quebec Nordiques as part of deal that sent Mats Sundin to the Leafs. That evening, Jim and Mark run a tribute montage of some great Clark moments, set to Crowbar's "Oh, What a Feeling".

Ask Mark if he can send me a copy. Surely he has a video library of every episode of Sportsline.

August 27, 2014 @ 6:53 PM

Corrado

If I remember correctly Mark nearly came to blows with Dave Stieb one year at spring training. Ask him about that.

August 27, 2014 @ 9:46 PM

Argie

@Corey
The greatest day ever, as a Leaf fan.

After 37 games, Quebec ships him off to the NYI. Sundin goes on to play 14 seasons as a Leaf.

August 28, 2014 @ 8:23 AM

Sammi

Can MLSE function with two owners who are fierce competitors in business? Does he think Bell and Rogers can really work together to build winning teams? Will one buy out the other?

August 28, 2014 @ 8:43 AM

Philly-Bob

@ Sammi - Neither will allow the other to buy them out until there is a 2nd NHL team in the GTA....owning MLSE is a license to print money.

August 28, 2014 @ 8:59 AM

Philly-Bob

Aren't we missing a Tuesday Open Mike??

August 28, 2014 @ 9:02 AM

markosaar

That is a very peculiar thing to ask Mark Hebscher.

August 28, 2014 @ 9:38 AM

Argie

Ask him if he's voting for Ford - our current mayor and for the next four years!

August 28, 2014 @ 11:20 AM

@Argie

Neither of you can vote for Ford.

August 28, 2014 @ 11:21 AM

Corey

@Argie-

Come on, it was a tad more complicated than that. You're trying to make it sound like they only let Clark play 37 games before wanting to be rid of him. Maybe you're forgetting the 94/95 season was a shortened season due to the lockout? He was 5th on the team in scoring, behind Sakic, Forsberg, Nolan and Ricci, despite playing 10 games less. And it wasn't actually Quebec that traded him - they became the Colorado Avalanche after 94/95, and in the off-season, due to a contract dispute, traded Clark to the Islanders. If the contract negotiations had gone as they should have, Wendels name would be on the Cup today, since the Avs won it in 95/96.

August 28, 2014 @ 11:36 AM

Roshan

As I didn't know who he is, I did googled his name and went through the list of sports personalities he has interviewed. Ok, so here is a generic question:

Of all the people he has interviewed, who does he see as the one he could actually have an informal chat over lunch or dinner and can actually hang out with like a friend? I.e who connected with him the most while on the job.

I dunno, is that a good question?

August 28, 2014 @ 12:23 PM

Gump

Obligatory "hot wife" question.

August 28, 2014 @ 9:32 PM

Anonymous

Ask him about taking over for Bob Mccown on sports talk radio in the late 70's.

August 29, 2014 @ 11:37 AM