Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 81: Toronto Mommy

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 81In this 81st episode, Mike chats with his wife about their newborn son, Elvis's beer, the World Cup, and lessons learned. This episode is exactly 34:17.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd at https://www.torontomike.com/podcast/.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

markosaar

Hey Mike,

It's actually possible to stitch together MP3s and trim them without having to recompress. It's been a while since I've needed to but I'll see what I can dig up tonight.

Also I would argue that source WAV files aren't a big deal to keep with storage being as cheap as it is these days, and you could back them up online with something like CrashPlan, but if space is really an issue you could losslessly compress them to FLAC or a competing format.

June 25, 2014 @ 5:18 PM

markosaar

Had time sooner than I expected. Do you have access to a Windows computer? This can be used to losslessly split mp3s:

And this can be used to merge them:

As long as there's silence between the clips it should be transparent.

June 25, 2014 @ 5:55 PM

markosaar

You may want to create a clip of silence in Audacity (and encode it) to pad sections, if I may offer another suggestion.

June 25, 2014 @ 9:17 PM

elvis

My beer? Now I think I really have to listen.

June 26, 2014 @ 1:47 PM

elvis

Fuck you. I only drink Mill Street Organic. I brought you Heineken because it's your favourite beer.

June 26, 2014 @ 1:55 PM

elvis

Keeping beer that long would waste...don't even joke about wasting beer.

June 26, 2014 @ 2:01 PM

@elvis

So I shouldn't keep this case for your next BBQ?

June 26, 2014 @ 2:12 PM

elvis

It's not a case, it's a 6-pack. I'm not that generous.

And no, enjoy the beers yourself. I was trying to be a nice fucking guy with the beer. The card is my move, yes.

June 26, 2014 @ 2:14 PM

@elvis

But you must admit, it would have been funny if you brought the same case. It's pure elvis!

June 26, 2014 @ 2:15 PM

elvis

I will admit that would be very much an elvis move. Well played.

June 26, 2014 @ 2:52 PM

Anon&on

I'm pretty sure I saw something about a crazy sport where cyclists carry their bikes over terrain (but don't ride). Clearly, now you must carry your bike for 200km, or you suck. Word of advice- Do it before you're 50.

There's nothing Elvis can do, it's out there- that is the same six pack. It's a fact!
I can't even buy a six at the beer store now- I feel it will be Elvis' or Mike's returned six. Mike- you should mark the package super-secretly, discreetly.

I feel like I am the only one committed to this podcast. The hosts doesn't listen (until it's too late, if he listens at all), co-hosts don't listen, guests don't listen. I dig like the Illvibe. Somebody owes me something here (and it's not used beer). I'd wear a t-shirt.

June 28, 2014 @ 10:08 PM

@Anon&on

I listen to each and every episode.

June 28, 2014 @ 10:22 PM