Teemu Selanne

Teemu SelanneLast night, when the Anaheim Ducks were eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs, Teemu Selanne's NHL career came to an end.

The 43-year-old finishes his NHL career with 684 goals and 1,457 points in the regular season and 44 goals and 88 points in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. He also won a Stanley Cup with the Ducks in 2007 and is one of the most decorated and productive players in the history of international hockey. Oh yeah, and he's a class act who was impossible to dislike.

Here he is mic'd during the handshakes last night.

Well done, Teemu.

this guest

Nice!

May 17, 2014 @ 8:36 PM

Gary

A class act.

May 18, 2014 @ 8:30 AM

Douglas

I've always liked Teemu Selanne. Not just because he was a Winnipeg Jet (I grew up with the WHA Jets. It was awesome, especially when you got to play road hockey with the third-string goalie because his girlfriend was a close friend of the eldest girl who lived behind me). He showed class, not how to be an ass, in that handshake line, and kudos to all of those celebrating or congratulating him on his career.

May 18, 2014 @ 11:44 AM

Blind Dave

I rarely look up to athletes but he was an exception. Class all the way.

May 18, 2014 @ 12:28 PM

dale

Teemu a Class Act as always put the team first, just like Sakic, Yzerman & Ray Bourque.

Hall of Fame 1st ballot.

May 18, 2014 @ 3:05 PM

Jason from Sudbury

I always liked Teemu, he just always played for the wrong teams lol. But seriously, all around good guy and class act.

May 19, 2014 @ 3:04 PM

519 Rob

Watch that handshake line, then watch Milan Lucic and his 'Im gonna fuckin' kill you' BS.

Better yet, I hope Lucic watches the Selanne good bye, and he learns a thing or 2 about class.

May 20, 2014 @ 11:15 AM