My Visit to The Todd Shapiro Show's SiriusXM Studio

My Visit to The Todd Shapiro Show's SiriusXM StudioI biked the Martin Goodman Trail this morning and paid my first visit to The Todd Shapiro Show's SiriusXM studio in Liberty Village. I'd share the clip from my appearance, but SiriusXM wants Todd to wait 24 hours before sharing audio, so I'll post it tomorrow.

A little east of Dufferin on Liberty Street, I came upon this brick building at 135.

Untitled

Untitled

I took my bike on the elevator and made my way to the 3rd floor. Most of this floor belongs to Hockey Night in Canada folk.

Untitled

Untitled

I arrived at about 8:50am and Todd was in his studio prepping. I took this shot through the glass.

Untitled

Todd runs a slick and professional show. In addition to a board op and co-hosts, there was an actual house band. They performed a very nice rendition of Elton John's Tiny Dancer while I was there.

Untitled

Untitled

I knew this was a real studio because there was lots of stuff like this everywhere. I don't have this in my home studio.

Untitled

I was there with Pete from coreFusion and we were letting people know we help people podcast. If you want a podcast, contact me and we'll chat about it.

Anon&on

Could you clarify- Is this a Sirius studio that Todd occupies while doing his show, (and then the next person uses it, or shares it, whatever), or is this a dedicated space for Todd.

March 25, 2014 @ 7:10 PM

markosaar

@Toronto Mike,

Going to throw the interview into your podcast RSS?

March 26, 2014 @ 7:52 AM

@markosaar

No... only proper episodes of Toronto Mike'd make it into the feed.

March 26, 2014 @ 8:56 AM

@Anon&on

This is a studio that Todd occupies during his show and then it's shared by others. The next person usually kicks him out of there at 11am.

March 26, 2014 @ 8:57 AM

markosaar

@Toronto Mike,

I wondered because you used to throw Your Blog Sucks in there.

Would you consider creating a feed for your bonus content?

March 26, 2014 @ 9:44 AM

@markosaar

You wouldn't believe the number of emails I get every week begging me to resurrect Your Blog Sucks. We're talking hundreds!*

* actual number is zero

March 26, 2014 @ 9:51 AM

markosaar

In its defence, it's not too different from when Elvis is on your regular podcast.

March 26, 2014 @ 10:09 AM

@markosaar

Now I feel better! Elvis is on Friday, by the way.

Jeff Marek is now next week...

March 26, 2014 @ 10:12 AM

Justin

"Jeff Marek is now next week..." how many times have we heard that before? Hope he shows up next week, Mike.

Jeff's a great interview. Heard him on H&F and it was one of the best interviews they've done. Very interesting guy; the interview touched on him being a vegan, his career as a grave digger and burying Harold Ballard, his time at LAW, partnering with Bill Watters at 640, and his ascent to HNIC/Rogers.

Was fortunate enough to meet Jeff about 10 years ago and he seemed like a true pro. When he first took over the i-desk I thought "wow he'd be a good bet to replace Ron Maclean one day many years from now." Now with Rogers taking over the NHL rights that looks like it might actually happen. Really looking forward to seeing what Rogers ends up putting together in October, they didn't pay billions for the NHL rights only to put forth average production standards.

March 26, 2014 @ 1:54 PM

@Justin

He has very good excuses, though, and is really apologetic.

He'll be over as soon as he can... he's a good dude.

March 26, 2014 @ 2:43 PM

Kevin

Ever consider having Toronto based podcast make an appearance on your show or ever consider going on other Toronto based podcasts?

March 27, 2014 @ 7:30 AM